Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why people are toxic in warframe ?

xNenex

A Few hours ago i was in random party doing some Lith Survival runs.my party had like 2 new players i would say-
MR 6 limbo and a MR 3 excal. 
it was chill day just need farm something and another mr 20 nekros in my party asked us to camp. i was also playing nekros.
but i always have this my mind that since we have new players , they wont know whats camping, how the mob spawn rate works. etc 
i just @ the limbo person   and he started flaming me " calling me down syndrome kid " Out of nowhere
like why ? 
having a max range nekros and trying to help out some random people , new player old player doesnt matter. 
my mood changed after that.  
why ppl even flame for helping them ?

( i don't want to babyrage about this situation. i just want to know why ? ppl flame in warframe ? )
Sorry if this kinda of post isn't allowed in this forum. 
kindly let me know in reply if it needs to be removed 
Thank you.

like i said i am not judging based on one guy ... i have to keep on adding ppl to my ignore list due to toxicity and at weekend i try to clear it all. 
i am having fun , i like my clan members , even meet up good player in random party and make friends. 
 i am just asking why people even flame in warframe.  like why are you even flaming in this game.

The issue here is that, based on your title, you feel that a game (in this case Warframe) should be free of toxic people because it is a certain game. That sort of mindset isn't something I would consider good.

No game, especially one where you interact with other people, is free of toxicity because people are people. They have different days, lifestyles and mentalities based on their experiences which lead them to do certain actions and make certain choices. Not saying that justifies things, just answering your question.

It's just how some people are. I was re-ranking a frame recently and a noob ripped us all at the end because they had the most kills.. then went on about their build not even having strength and I just let it slide.. because they were using a nuke build anyway so it was no surprise to any of us with a clue. Some people are just... really into themselves. lol

That's it, some people are just jerks, no need to overthink it, there are kids playing games they aren't meant to play in the first place.

I had someone as a teammate playing a Kuva mission with me just randomly start throwing similar insults because he was failing the Kuva siphon while i was doing the objective to finish faster.

Ironically when i got there to help the noob teammate, i was called a noob. :^)

But why would you ever clear your blocklist?

People usually don't change much, especially not in a week.

There's ~100000 people playing warframe on a daily basis. It's inevitable, that there'll be some toxic ones in it.
Why? Because they are like that. Can't do much about it, just ignore, and don't stress about it.
Warframe is still in a good place concerning toxicity. I've been playing for 3 years, and barely met any toxic people (comparing for example for lol, I stopped playing that one after maybe 2 weeks, because I fed up, that I couldn't play a game without someone scolding me or my family members P: )

vor 25 Minuten schrieb xNenex:

like i said i am not judging based on one guy ... i have to keep on adding ppl to my ignore list due to toxicity and at weekend i try to clear it all. 
i am having fun , i like my clan members , even meet up good player in random party and make friends. 
 i am just asking why people even flame in warframe.  like why are you even flaming in this game.

Because people don't know S#&$

One told me how stupid I am for using Garudas 2 still after the wave on akkad so the last enemy couldn't be killed... 

Didn't recognize that Stalker was going to appear and I backed up the party with the heal... oO (and prevented other enemies to spawn until Stalker was defeated) 

This again.

"Stumbled on a jerk. Should I take a screenshot and contact support? No. Maybe I should shrug, mute the player and continue playing? No. Must talk about it on forums. No need to see if this question have ever been asked before. Misleading title with a “toxic” in it is a must."

Why do this? Acting on emotions and not thinking? Happens. Bad day? Happens too. Asking for attention? No comment. Boredom? I know the feeling. Healing the “trauma of toxic words” written by a complete stranger by reading supporting words written by complete strangers? Does it help? Some other reason?

Should I let it bother me? Or should I read the post above and smile?

By the way. “Toxic”, “slap in the face”... I can not take this seriously. Words loose their weight if they are used carelessly.

Edited by rand0mname

Honestly there are always going to be players like this. For example I was leveling a frame a while back with two single digit mastery players and I was mr14. Then a mr24 comes into the mission declares he's part of a noob squad and we continue on. A few minutes later he makes a comment about the other players and complains for a little bit. Then he has a go at me for having no idea what I'm doing.

I can admit I'm a middle of the road average player at best so I'm not going to be the amazing at everything but when I come across players like this it's usually best to ignore and move on. Frankly I've only come across a handful of players and most of their reactions can be for understandable reactions of frustration on certain mission types and the small segment (which is always going to exist in these games) is mercifully small in warframe.

In my opinion the best advice I can or anyone can give is if he's just being stupid ignore, if going all out abusive/threatening report. 

When I first started WARFRAME, there was barely anyone that was toxic as most people were new to the game and trying to see what it was about. There were the players that came from PC that showed us how to play and what was possible in the long haul of the game. There were those who thought it was pay to win but when they found out how it worked, they shared their wealth and resources til the next new game came along to take their money.

As the game and time went along, the player base grew. It went from those curious about the game to those trying to find something different Black Ops/Destiny/Halo of the days. There was a growing community...and people were genuinely good. 

Then the growth of Warframe started to spread to the kids that had watched their brothers and father's play and they wanted everything given to them. Then those who wanted to prove Destiny was better would flood in to make the game play worse than it needed to be with their trolling and comments in Chats. Clan wars started up with people doing their best to get all the event mods stockpiled and Prime part runs done as much as possible with one key to stockpile to sell to newbies for mad profit of plat. 

And the game grew more from YouTube and new players. Then changes happened to the game that some people liked...some did not. And this bitter passed over from the forums to the game play. The trust people once had in getting a good deal was now needing to have you check prices more as people would try undercutting to pile up those items worth much. RNGijoe was also being more random it seemed, giving out good mods to some in the first go of events while others did the same event 100-300 times and got nothing. And giving time to get nothing from a timed event makes some people annoyed....

Nowadays, it is more that there are more kids online (11-17) that get pushed around by the college crowd and then take it out on others since they think that is the way things are. They come from the latest Call of Duty batch with their PvP experience and do not know much about the PvE and growth system of Warframe. Going from buying loot boxes to make yourself better to getting things ingame that everyone in your squad can share in is different mindset. Some adjust...most do not.

At least that is how I seen it for the 4+ years here in XB1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

When I first started WARFRAME, there was barely anyone that was toxic as most people were new to the game and trying to see what it was about. There were the players that came from PC that showed us how to play and what was possible in the long haul of the game. There were those who thought it was pay to win but when they found out how it worked, they shared their wealth and resources til the next new game came along to take their money.

As the game and time went along, the player base grew. It went from those curious about the game to those trying to find something different Black Ops/Destiny/Halo of the days. There was a growing community...and people were genuinely good. 

Then the growth of Warframe started to spread to the kids that had watched their brothers and father's play and they wanted everything given to them. Then those who wanted to prove Destiny was better would flood in to make the game play worse than it needed to be with their trolling and comments in Chats. Clan wars started up with people doing their best to get all the event mods stockpiled and Prime part runs done as much as possible with one key to stockpile to sell to newbies for mad profit of plat. 

And the game grew more from YouTube and new players. Then changes happened to the game that some people liked...some did not. And this bitter passed over from the forums to the game play. The trust people once had in getting a good deal was now needing to have you check prices more as people would try undercutting to pile up those items worth much. RNGijoe was also being more random it seemed, giving out good mods to some in the first go of events while others did the same event 100-300 times and got nothing. And giving time to get nothing from a timed event makes some people annoyed....

Nowadays, it is more that there are more kids online (11-17) that get pushed around by the college crowd and then take it out on others since they think that is the way things are. They come from the latest Call of Duty batch with their PvP experience and do not know much about the PvE and growth system of Warframe. Going from buying loot boxes to make yourself better to getting things ingame that everyone in your squad can share in is different mindset. Some adjust...most do not.

At least that is how I seen it for the 4+ years here in XB1

This is actually a pretty good view of things and a standard reaction of games hitting the mainstream. Personally I only came into Warframe a few months ago and the community was pretty decent if largely indifferent on the chat, at least during missions. Imo DE built up a lot of good will with how they did things especially considering the size of the community in the first 2-3 years but with the sudden expansion of the player base I think they may be struggling to keep up with what everyone wants in game. Especially considering that first and foremost DE is a business looking to earn money which has some Vets feeling left out in terms of high level content which is why there is recurring posts on it in the forums, but that's a whole other story.