Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Ember's role in Sortie or any high level mission?

XenMaster

The constant AOE crowd control aura that follows her with a max range WoF build its pretty good.

i mean it’s not the best thing ever but when I bring her to sorties or any high level mission I rarely see someone dying thanks to her pretty big area of CC.

just ignore power strength and go for efficiency and max range, works pretty well and you just need to keep up with the rest of your squad to do your thing

for sortie level you don’t need harder CC. I wouldn’t even call hers a light cc since usually everybody in a 20m radius is constantly on the ground 

Edited by JohnKable

id say play around and use her as best as you can. her kit now is more caterted to the star chart honestly but surely one can survive on her if you are passionate enough, also making use of your weapons in combination with her abilities and the operator. she may not be nearly as good at higher levels as others but she can still hold her own.

CC with Firequake Augment for World on Fire. In addition I'd use a Hybrid Crit/Status weapon like a Plague Kripath polearm (Blood Rush & Conditional Overload) and a max range/angle (Sinister Reach & Firestorm) Blast-damage Ignis Wraith for further CC.

But I'm the wrong guy to ask, I just use Ash & Khora for Sorties, mostly (aslong Melee 3.0 still isn't a thing).

My Ember is set up WITHOUT the WoF mod because I take the Sonicor to do the CC and I have Str at 314. Sonicor knocks em down, WoF finishes them off. That's the role of my Ember. I also use the Arca Plasmor with 25k radiation and 93% status so if I dont kill em with the combo of Sonicor and WoF, I switch to the Arca and the radiation makes the crazy and they kill each other.

Specifically to Sorties.... what mission? What frame might do it better? High lv spy then Im taking my loki, High level defense Im taking my frost. High level defection Im taking my Oberon. Sorties arent  one frame fits all like the most of the rest of the game. They also end up with resistances like elemental and buffs like magnetic against you.

13 hours ago, cheliel said:

wof can disable spy lasers,

if Wof won't kill vault guards (they are usually eximus), then they will raise alarms. 

Spy-Ember only works on content below lvl 40. And maybe level 50 if you really have some killer-build

1 hour ago, deothor said:

if Wof won't kill vault guards (they are usually eximus), then they will raise alarms. 

Spy-Ember only works on content below lvl 40. And maybe level 50 if you really have some killer-build

Aeca Plasmor with  25k radiation and 93% status. If it doesnt kill them it confuses them. Then you dont have to stress about killing them quick.

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There's no huge difference between Ember now and before. She's actually been buffed. WoF was never some great high level CC that people tried to make it out to be, it was merely decent at best. definitely not some major game changer compared to what she can do now. And remember, if you recast you have original range...so basically all you need to do when you need that "awesome" ol school Ember CC in a pinch is recast, and it'll hit 5 targets at once, compared to just passively running around forever with it hitting 1-2 enemies per second. I still don't get why people act like it was some kind of god aura perma-CC ability. 

If you're bad with Ember now, there's no way you were any good with her before. 

I wish I could upvote this more than once. You hit the nail on the head. The reason a whole bunch of people find her unplayable now is because they always found her unplayable, but you didn't have to actually play the game when you ran Ember.

Back on OP's topic though, shortly after Ember's rework I ran and documented a set of Sortie missions and how I made Ember perform. (No video, but I can dig out my screenshots if you like.) I learned a lot and found that Ember was still useful in Sorties. I struggled with the 2nd mission since it was an Elemental Resist mission and so I needed to retool for a pure CC strategy for just that one. However, on the whole she plays just fine if you know what you're doing, doing average or better damage to Sortie-tier enemies and CC-ing them decently well too. She's not in a perfect place yet, but she's alright.

• Like 1

*sigh* Honestly all Ember needs to become competitive is for Heat procs to stack like the other damage-over-time procs do. If Heat status worked more like Slash or Toxin status, instead of just refreshing single instances of low damage, Ember might be made a little too strong, especially with how WoF targets things.

The other major change for Ember could be to make her passive less of a highly-situational reactive thing. Its effects are nice, but the unreliably of getting set on fire has encouraged a lot of players to bring along low-damage Javloks to stab their own feet for the extra Strength and Energy. This or a similar passive, but with a trigger more inline with intended gameplay, would sit a lot nicer.

She has no place in high level content unless you are masochists, no matter what fanboys of the frame say, there is nothing se can do than other frames can do better, her kit is obsolete at this point of the game, and sacrifice other elemental combos for just more fire damage is not worth at all, very niche to build and subpar performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

*sigh* Honestly all Ember needs to become competitive is for Heat procs to stack like the other damage-over-time procs do. If Heat status worked more like Slash or Toxin status, instead of just refreshing single instances of low damage, Ember might be made a little too strong, especially with how WoF targets things.

The other major change for Ember could be to make her passive less of a highly-situational reactive thing. Its effects are nice, but the unreliably of getting set on fire has encouraged a lot of players to bring along low-damage Javloks to stab their own feet for the extra Strength and Energy. This or a similar passive, but with a trigger more inline with intended gameplay, would sit a lot nicer.

This

Heat should be looked into imo.  I actually WANT Ember to be good (just not a press 4 and forget frame), but her kit is currently underwhelming in the grand scheme of things.  It's a pity actually, as there are many ways she can be opened up but the way heat works holds her back.

I also think she needs a real rework, just not before Wukong or Vauban

3 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

She has no place in high level content unless you are masochists, no matter what fanboys of the frame say, there is nothing se can do than other frames can do better, her kit is obsolete at this point of the game, and sacrifice other elemental combos for just more fire damage is not worth at all, very niche to build and subpar performance.

-someone that can't play Ember

30 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Her WoF needs to be replaced with a Magma Type armor. Shes too squishy.

She used to have almost exactly that, it was replaced with Accelerant.

It was % damage resist and a very short range heat dot effect (fire Chroma's Elemental Ward effect).

Got removed because Ember was a true damage dealing frame back then and she was considered overpowered by having such high damage and being one of the better tanks as well. Plus it was too identical to WoF at the time.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

She used to have almost exactly that, it was replaced with Accelerant.

It was % damage resist and a very short range heat dot effect (fire Chroma's Elemental Ward effect).

Got removed because Ember was a true damage dealing frame back then and she was considered overpowered by having such high damage and being one of the better tanks as well. Plus it was too identical to WoF at the time.

And then we got Mesa 😁

• Like 1

Sometimes I just don't understand why some people just have an impression of "bad warframe" on Ember but never had  any f***ing intention of looking at her stats more and try to tweak her abilities as its best. Seriously if you know how to mod and utilize Accelerant well, not only you have a very good CC ability, but also your WoF can burn lvl 100+ infested quite nice (ancient healer/disruptor takes longer time though but that also applies to other WFs). Due to Accelerant's buff, bring some damn weapons with heat based such as Ignis, Zenistar, Jat Kusar, Silva & Aegis, Atomos ! You can use Firequake if you don't feel like your personal skills can't help controlling her to parkour well.

3 hours ago, Diangelius said:

Sometimes I just don't understand why some people just have an impression of "bad warframe" on Ember but never had  any f***ing intention of looking at her stats more and try to tweak her abilities as its best. Seriously if you know how to mod and utilize Accelerant well, not only you have a very good CC ability, but also your WoF can burn lvl 100+ infested quite nice (ancient healer/disruptor takes longer time though but that also applies to other WFs). Due to Accelerant's buff, bring some damn weapons with heat based such as Ignis, Zenistar, Jat Kusar, Silva & Aegis, Atomos ! You can use Firequake if you don't feel like your personal skills can't help controlling her to parkour well.

You can do the same with Rhino, Chroma, Sonar Banshee and it works against ancients and all the other factions amplifying all types of damage, Sonar Banshee can do it way better depending on how many Sonars you cast.

Ember is really just outdated but people still use it because it's more straightforward and easier than hitting Sonar weakspots, it's on the same difficulty level as Rhino overall bar the survivability and a little less hassle than building up Chroma's buff with self damage.

23 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There's no huge difference between Ember now and before. She's actually been buffed. WoF was never some great high level CC that people tried to make it out to be, it was merely decent at best. definitely not some major game changer compared to what she can do now. And remember, if you recast you have original range...so basically all you need to do when you need that "awesome" ol school Ember CC in a pinch is recast, and it'll hit 5 targets at once, compared to just passively running around forever with it hitting 1-2 enemies per second. I still don't get why people act like it was some kind of god aura perma-CC ability. 

If you're bad with Ember now, there's no way you were any good with her before. 

You're kind of correct. Ember was not as good as people claimed to be at high level even before the nerf. Truth is, other than being inferior in high level, she's now inferior in low level too.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Why would I ever use her when there is a much better substitute out there? Equernox can clear out the whole tile more easily and much higher level. Volt can do low level extermination better then her. And there's Saryn and Octavia who can outdo what she do.

What's the point of her anyway? Just delete her and move on.