Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf the wolf please !

Lhudge

You can't prepare properly for the fight coz WoSS is a random spawn. That's the main problem.

Like, I can vaporize him with my Chroma Prime - Vectis Prime - Redeemer Prime combo but I don't simply use this loadout in every mission just for a tiny 0.5% chance boss fight.

I swear you lot keep fighting him in Kuva Floods or Sorties. like so many people I'm just rolling through Nightwave as easily as I can and Wolfie appears at about level 35-ish at the most, and he's easy to kill. usually doesn't take more than 10 mins.

38 minutes ago, DoTengri said:

even if you put in the effort chances are very high he doesn't even drop anything.

which sucks, but it's still RNG working as intended. Wolf is doing the same thing Stalker has been doing for YEARS, yet there doesn't seem to be any more complaints about that edgy boi dropping Molten impact.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I swear you lot keep fighting him in Kuva Floods or Sorties. like so many people I'm just rolling through Nightwave as easily as I can and Wolfie appears at about level 35-ish at the most, and he's easy to kill. usually doesn't take more than 10 mins.

which sucks, but it's still RNG working as intended. Wolf is doing the same thing Stalker has been doing for YEARS, yet there doesn't seem to be any more complaints about that edgy boi dropping Molten impact.

And rightfully so... if Stalker pays a visit the fight is not dragged out for 10+ minutes. You (or your operator) can kill him decently quickly or... not. And then you die and the encounter is over. Either way is fine.

But Mr.Wolf here steals a lot of your time - if you choose to engage at all - with a cheap and cheesy mechanic and in the end more often than not you still get nothing. And depending on the mission type there might not even be a way out other than to abort. It really feels DE are trolling people here. Well, feels to me that way at least...

Edited by DoTengri

I met this Wolfie McDiscountStarFox twice now, and I aborted the mission both times.

Why?

Because I don't like it when some half-god that completely ignores a perfect hit from my fully modded Exergis and only takes like 0.3% damage ruins my fun. By the time I would have killed that guy, I could have completed every single quest twice.

EDIT: And for the people saying "it only takes like 10 minutes" - THAT is the problem. It's a massive waste of time. There's no fun in jumping around like a damn fool for 10 minutes only to kill one guy that doesn't even drop anything worth the trouble.

Edited by o0Despair0o

11 hours ago, Sir_Carl said:

It's a challenge, why does it need a nerf? If you are gonna say you are visited by the wolf while leveling stuff, then yeah he looks pretty op. That's why I always bring one weapon to counter him (can be either melee, secondary, or primary) depending on which stuff I gotta level up.

No it's not.

It's practically the definition of no-challenge difficulty. Wolf is extremely easy to cheese (stand in a high place he can't get to), deals very little damage even to very squishy frames like Limbo, and with most conventional loadouts takes forever to kill. Now, if you happen to have a good counter-wolf option available - like a Rubico Prime Chroma? Ok, yeah, he's easy. If you're bringing something useful for the rest of the game - Ability-focused Warframes, Status weapons or even bleed-build weapons - then have fun standing for half an hour shooting at him whilst he flails in your general direction, or getting nuked by his invulnerable buddies.

Challenge is defined as a test of skill. Standing still and shooting at something for half an hour is not skilful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoTengri said:

What bothers me the most: even if you put in the effort chances are very high he doesn't even drop anything.

Other bosses or would-be assassins at least give you some special drop (ofc most of the time the wrong thing but its at least something). But all the Wolf gives you most of the time for stealing your extra what... 5, 10 maybe even more minutes is the finger. That's just pure trolling by DE.

I mean how bad must a boss design be if the preferred choice now is to abandon the mission instead of even trying... should really tell DE all they need to know.

Well... for a long time all I saw from Stalker was Heavy Impact... 

I don't see the need to nerf Wolf when you can simply be prepared during this short-lived event. To occassionally meet something you dread in this already unbalanced easy game is actually what rhe game needs. He has to be somewhat of a bullet sponge. Something that can make easy work of a whole prison has to be insanely tough and able to lead a wolf pack. 

1 hour ago, TheDante500 said:

Just a question

did someone try to use the archwgun?

I had the misfortune of having the Larkspur equipped for my one fight. Great against groups, but against hammer boi...

Well, it did less than my rivened tombfinger, which isn't saying much. I reckon a crit-rad Corvas or IV or Velocitus would probably do the trick fairly painlessly... Ooh, that gives me an idea!

6 hours ago, Dthamilaye said:

Because people are abandoning missions when he appears and nobody can do a dent on him. I have been in a mission where I was levelling my melee weapon and others were some MR 10-20 guys, in Helene. I tried to damage him with my operator and the others didn't seem to do any damage to him, although some of them did seem to die several times. I could not damage him with my mesa, because he cannot be targeted with mesa 4. 

However, I did forget one thing, my Archgun (Imperator vandal). After the mission I went through my options and remembered the Archgun and modified it for crit+radiation. Next time the Wolf came, I used my 1700 or so ammo on him from my Imperator and he was left with maybe 15% life, which we got down with melee and operators.

When I encountered him with 3 persons in the mission, I was able to archgun him straight to dead, but with four, the ammo doubled Archgun was not enough.

I'm not sure what people are using for "30 seconds to kill him", but if you take your average player, they won't be doing that and as someone said, if the mission doesn't have some "OP" person with correct type of weapon, the mission might need to be abandoned (depending on mission type). 

At least if Stalker attacks some poor guys that can't hurt him, he will just kill one and go. With wolf, the defence mission of Helene did not end while he was alive, thus causing the abandoning of mission. 

I've just fought him again.

This time i had modded very carefully and managed to down him in about 10 seconds.

The wolf is well balanced.

People just don't mod correctly because they haven't invested the little time needed

to know the basic dmg mechanics of the game.

No rivens or meta required. Just basic dmg knowledge.

Edited by disco_inferno6

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

You've clearly missed all the complaints about not getting anything other than dread or not getting that one missing weapon after fighting stalker... not to mention stalker is literally a 10-20 second fight these days... wolfie is not a quick fight no matter what some are trying to imply, especially at higher levels, even more so if you haven't got meta gear on you. 

Plus it's very rare to not get a weapon drop of some sort from stalker and the g3/zanuka have 100% drop chance on a weapon part.

While I'm not asking for a nerf of the wolf, although I think his scaling is a little 'off', I would like to see 100% drop chance on his weapon parts, especially considering two of those parts are under 4% drop chance... 

If the drop rate on weapon parts is to stay the same then I'd also like to see a much higher spawn rate, while I had a batch of three yesterday (shocked is an understatement) all I got from the fights were 3 mods, 2 of which were the same.  I know DE have said they're increasing the spawn but in all honesty it doesn't feel like it's high enough when I've seen far more attacks from syndicates and even stalker than usual, which in turn stops wolfie from turning up.

Il y a 3 heures, SneakyErvin a dit :

Aaaand this is why we have 3... no wait 4 weapons in our loadout along with the possibility of an armor stripping kitty. There is always a tool for every situation.

Alright, so I have to always have my adarza with me. Super ! 🙂

Il y a 3 heures, --DSP--Jetstream a dit :

Revenant, press 1 and 3 on wolf

Same answer with Revenant.

13 minutes ago, ludo3009 said:

Alright, so I have to always have my adarza with me. Super ! 🙂

A melee with Shattering Impact should also work, as well as a smeeta kavat of course. Unairu's Sundering Dash should work as well, Corrosive Projection, Seeking Shuriken, and Sonic Fracture might too.

You could probably kill him regardless of armor with a Glaive Prime on Ivara (instant kill on Eidolons) or nuke his face with a ~250% ability strength Artemis Bow while Prowl is active and you are sitting on an augmented Zipline.

As the saying goes: Less qq and more pewpew.

i enjoyed finishing him off with my Archgun. It was actually the first time i remembered i even had the damn thing. It played out perfectly, team was getting exhausted beating him down, specteres were dying, but his last sliver of health seem to last forever...until i remembered i had something a lil more powerful. I fully enjoyed the animation, sounds,  feeling of weight and of unloading a mini gun to finally defeat an annoying boss. 

youre not supposed to like him

30 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

A melee with Shattering Impact should also work, as well as a smeeta kavat of course. Unairu's Sundering Dash should work as well, Corrosive Projection, Seeking Shuriken, and Sonic Fracture might too.

You could probably kill him regardless of armor with a Glaive Prime on Ivara (instant kill on Eidolons) or nuke his face with a ~250% ability strength Artemis Bow while Prowl is active and you are sitting on an augmented Zipline.

As the saying goes: Less qq and more pewpew.

"You can kill this random spawn (which can appear in almost any mission) if you bring this specific stuff".

In other words, "stop ever having fun, always stay within the meta".

That sure sounds like great game design.

1 minute ago, ToaMimrik said:

"You can kill this random spawn (which can appear in almost any mission) if you bring this specific stuff".

No, there are many, many options to kill him - and you just have to bring one thing, like a cat, or Unairu, or a specific melee weapon.

If you can't give up anything and insist on using very specific gear in EVERY SINGLE SLOT - well, that's your problem. Can't kill Eidolons by just equipping a cat, yet nobody complains about that.