[DE]Bear

Dev Workshop - Cannot Cast in the Air: Friend or Foe?

Posted (edited)

DO IT, I HAVE WAITED FOR SO LONG

43 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

We will also take some powers that simply don't need the ground slam and remove the in-air checks, such as Trinity's Link.

THANK YOU COSMICAL OMNIPRESENT ENTITIES FOR THIS

😭

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 9

Yes! I recently started putting some time into Mag. I believe it's her 4th that kept saying I couldn't use the ability in the air. Was kind of frustrating even being like half an inch off the ground prevented me from using it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

"I approve of this product or service."

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

This is great.  I was noticing just today how obnoxious it is that you can't air cast some things.  Meanwhile some things that require ground for the animation itself should just auto complete to meet the ground exactly like this.   

10/10

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Hmmm...

How about going one step beyond? In cases similar to rhino, why not give it a buff depending on how high in the air it is? Longer start up and more situational, but more power. Could be a fun dynamic!

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 21

Posted (edited)

YES

i hope u guys time the rhini stomp so he stomps the ground the instant he lands. landing and then stomping doesn look good

Edited by Ragingwasabi
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 27

I think the Rhino stomp needs it's own custom animation if you let us use it from the air. The animation you showed here, almost looks like he's teleporting to the ground, which is a little jarring. 

Kinda the same with Trinity here, since her feet are totally flat and it looks like she's standing on nothing. But I like the idea! Just needs some fleshing out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 16

Wow you guys are reading minds. I was thinking "what if rhino stomp could be cast like zephyr's dive bomb" boom next day.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Hmmm...

How about going one step beyond? In cases similar to rhino, why not give it a buff depending on how high in the air it is? Longer start up and more situational, but more power. Could be a fun dynamic!

Just now, Godzelda123 said:

I think the Rhino stomp needs it's own custom animation if you let us use it from the air. The animation you showed here, almost looks like he's teleporting to the ground, which is a little jarring. 

Kinda the same with Trinity here, since her feet are totally flat and it looks like she's standing on nothing. But I like the idea! Just needs some fleshing out.

So in both these cases, please note, this is still early days. This is a 'proof of concept' obviously, but suggestions like these will certainly help towards what we would need to look at.

• Like 11
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 9
  • Upvote 17

As a Rhino main one of the big frustrations for me is getting the message that stomp can't be cast in the air and I'm like "but.. I'm not in the air" 

Hopefully this change will remedy issues where you can't cast because you just stepped off a 1cm ledge or because you landed half a second ago. Breaks the flow of combat when you have to spam an ability until it takes. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The real dream is for Rhino to catch fire while hurtling towards the ground in an extra large particle explosion when casting Stomp, but this will do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6