Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime is next! Thoughts?

Atlas is one of the warfames that is currently in dire need of help, as everything he does is underwhelming at best and downright useless at worst.

His passive is a cool idea, but 1500 armor is waaay too little to make much of a difference. Chroma is the only frame that can effectively use armor alone to tank very effectively, and that's only when reaching in the 7 thousand armor. 

His 1st ability stops scaling effectively beyond level 100, mostly due to it being mostly impact. After that, you're better off ignoring it. 

His second ability is an absolute joke in every single regard. It's weak. Ugly, boring, and unoriginal. EVERYTHING about it sucks, and I have no idea how one would go about saving it. 

His third ability is clunky, obnoxious and overpriced, but it's at least functional, and doesn't need too much as a result. 

His fourth ability is another pointless joke that feels more like a 3 than a real '' ultimate''. The interactions between it and the rest of your abilities is scarce, and they deal pitiful amounts of damage against anything above level 40. On top of that, the rumblers both have health AND a limited duration, making an already weak skill that much worse. 

Although based on recent history, I wouldn't really expect DE to do any kind of tuning. They couldn't be bothered with redesigning chroma's 2 dead abilities, buffing mesa's useless 1 or allow players to mod (or at least customize) each form of equinox separately, and the aforementioned are some of the most popular warframe in the game. He'll probably get shoved out with some shiny, gilded accessories and the tekko prime, and will then proceed to fall back into obscurity the same way vauban did. 

My thoughts are that the next two primes are Atlas and Wukong, one of which just got an exclusive skin and the other's official rework has been announced to be revealed next stream, so I keep wondering why do people thing that Atlas is set in stone as next prime?

looking forward to one punch frame Prime! I'm guessing he might get Tekko Prime, which is totally fine with me, Ankyros Primes are ugly AF IMO, it'll be nice to have some powerful, good looking gauntlets.

I'm guessing Atlas' rock effects will end up looking like gold Ore, maybe his Golems will be Golden too!

• Like 1

I have talked about Atlas before about what stats he could get and what weapons he might come with. imo, he needs re-visit more so for his 2nd ability.

Atlas Prime:

Possible Stats: energy, armour or sprint speed.

Possible prime weapons:

Primary, Shotgun, Grenade launcher, Pistol, Fist, Sparring, Heavy Blade, Hammer.

Revisit

1st ability

·       Increase the dash range from 15 to 20m and can be increased by range mods.

2nd ability

·       When aiming at the rock-wall with it becomes see-through.

·       If enemies are shooting at it, it will absorb the damage which increases the damage when using it against the enemies when deactivating the ability.

·       On deactivation, it will shoot like a fast projectile instead of a slow roll.

·       Holding the ability will display a range indicator for aiming at enemies and on release will shoot the rock wall instantly.

·       If Atlas or allies stand near it, he will receive 30% status chance in a 20m radius. 50% status chance if shooting through rock-wall.

·       Synergy: Using your 1st ability on the 2nd will break it into rubble. When picked up, it will produce a glowing aura (colour based on energy colour) around atlas which will make him and the team 20% resistance to elemental procs for 20 seconds.

3rd ability

Fix: When visually stacking armour, make it to where the rubble builds up symmetrically on Atlas instead of only on one side or get rid of visual rubble build up. (having it on one side looks ugly to me)

Fix: When equipped with the shikoro helmet and his head turns it looks flat.

·       Synergy: If you pick up rubble after picking up rubble from 2nd ability, it will increase elemental resistance up to 75% and increase duration by 3 seconds. (only for atlas)

4th ability

·       They can now charge at enemies.

·       Then now have the option to stay in one place or run around.

·       If they are staying in one place, they acted like auto-firing turrets.

·       Synergy: Holding the 4th ability will drain the armour you have accumulated from the 3rd ability, converting it into damage for the rumblers. If the armour gauge is full, it will take 3s to drain it.

Just delay Atlas Prime access and give us Wukong Prime and Nezha Prime accesses one after the other since they're both chinese warframes.

IMO prime access order should be:

Wukong Prime (along with his rework) > Nezha Prime > Ivara Prime > Titania Prime > Atlas Prime > all the other Primes I don't feel like listing
but chances are it's gonna be 
Atlas Prime > Wukong Prime > Ivara Prime > Titania Prime > Nezha Prime > etc

I don't hate or dislike Atlas but he does feel underwhelming

I hope he gets some tweaking to his kit, but because there has been 0 mention of it (that I know of) I find it unlikely. So I suspect he'll just get released as is, or DE will skip his Prime version entirely for now because not that many people will open their wallets to buy him. I'm not trying to be cynical, just pragmatic. Wukong will likely spark a lot more interest from the community because there has already been talk about reworking him.

People saying Atlas is pretty meh are actually crazy. I don't know what you're expecting but not every frame needs to clear rooms like Saryn. Dude is well balanced, has good survivability, has a self heal, has good, direct CC, has distractions that also cause damage, and can strategically block off areas. This isn't to mention his one punch.

Is he boring? Yeah, he sure can be. I get that. But don't act like he's useless because he isn't a world destroyer.

Anyway, on the subject of what should come with him-- I think it'd be hilarious to see Imperator and Veritux Prime. This is purely because of the fact that you have to use your archwing to get his regular parts.

24 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

People saying Atlas is pretty meh are actually crazy. I don't know what you're expecting but not every frame needs to clear rooms like Saryn. Dude is well balanced, has good survivability, has a self heal, has good, direct CC, has distractions that also cause damage, and can strategically block off areas. This isn't to mention his one punch.

Is he boring? Yeah, he sure can be. I get that. But don't act like he's useless because he isn't a world destroyer.

Anyway, on the subject of what should come with him-- I think it'd be hilarious to see Imperator and Veritux Prime. This is purely because of the fact that you have to use your archwing to get his regular parts.

Itzal P please

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

well i dont doubt hes a good frame, its just his kit is boring in my opinion, like you never see him around and the way to get him (the non prime) is a pain so in my eyes he is mastery fodder.

Atlas’ Rock Wall needs to be Power Geyser a la Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury except it’s a towering Stalagmite. Upon punching down the ground the stalagmite deals damage and ragdolls enemies upward, creating a spiked up rock wall. There should be no deactivation on the Rock Wall on recast to summon a boulder, but Landsliding on the Rock Wall should project scattering boulders on a forward cone that deals damage. Please DE, I need this Earthbending fantasy realized. 

On the matter of Rumblers, there needs to be work on the Titanic Rumbler augment that justifies its usage over regular Rumblers. Regular Rumblers seems to be in every shape and form to be better than Titanic Rumbler. It needs some love.

Other than that, I’m excited for either Atlas or WuKong to be primed. I play with them on occasion and I absolutely love the rework that Atlas has had (it needs to be refined, but I’m satisfied with it). Would love to see what is done with WuKong.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Looking forward to buying the Atlus Deluxe skin and using it on my Atlas Prime.

Gotta wonder, you think they’re gonna tweak him a bit to make him better sometime between now and then?

I really liked his last rework. The whole turning enemies into stone and then shattering them and using rubble to restore his health and get bonus armor thing. Very satisfying.

I think a lot of people will agree he needs just a little something more though...

Thoughts? Skip atlas and wukong and go straight back to the cool female frames (ivara and titania) 😅

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

I think a lot of people will agree he needs just a little something more though...

Fix landslide so that it activates and moves you even if you don't hit a target and I'll be happy as a clam and use it more.  Remove the ragdoll on the third punch and I'll punch more than twice at once (Don't leave Mr. Mob! We were just starting to have fun!)

Also maybe put an ability on the '2' key?  I hear he has one but I don't use it other than accidentally.

Oh!  And get rid of that [swears a lot] minimum size cap on the Rumblers.  If I go with 10% power strength they should be freaking adorable!

Edited by FreeWilliam

5 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Is he boring? Yeah, he sure can be. I get that. But don't act like he's useless because he isn't a world destroyer

Actually he's useless because his survivability is not as good as it should be... Knockdown Immunity is good but they need to do something about his Dissappearing Health bar.  

7 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I completely understand the hate for atlas.

1. He falls off extremely early in the game.

2. He's boring.

like the fact that he can only go up to 1500 armor is a big reason why he can't do longer runs or face tougher enemies. His 2 is at best an index cheese. 3 is an underwhelming cc ability that feels clunky to use. 4 does so little damage and gets deleted instantly at any levels that actually matter.

I honestly think wukong might be next or should be next with the next dev stream including his rework. A lot more hype will be around wukong then atlas.

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I just want a Prime access where a Frame with a signature weapon actually comes out with the prime of said signature weapon. Mirage was a huge disappointment for me because of the lack of Akzani Prime.

17 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Price of imperator rivens increases! 

In all seriousness, I am hoping on Railjack to fix a lot of what Archwing is. 

And Railjack has improved to what?  The reveal gameplay bit I saw awhile back was alot of fighting inside a corpus ship while the Railjack sat outside waiting for the Tenno to finish planting a bomb and then escaping in like 2 minutes.......it wasnt so much fighting with our own Tenno battleship, so much as it was a standard archwing mission followed by waiting around......wasnt honestly that impressive.

24 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I just want a Prime access where a Frame with a signature weapon actually comes out with the prime of said signature weapon. Mirage was a huge disappointment for me because of the lack of Akzani Prime.

Interestingly enough, have we actually had a Primed version of a signature weapon? And by “signature” I mean it literally says “_____’s signature weapon” in the description, rather then simply being part of a bundle. I honestly can’t really think of any.

Edited by FrostPrime