The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CGI Trailer: Volt got shafted!

DrakeWurrum

So, this has been bugging me since I first saw it... Volt didn't really get a fair shake in that new CGI trailer they got. Excalibur stole his scenes!

I feel like, personally, they should've given Volt a hero moment. Have the camera start way back in the battlefield, showing the soldiers all doing their things, but you see in the distance a streak of light... the camera rapidly flicks across the battlefield to Volt running at high speed, with lightning trailing behind him like the Flash. The enemies and gunfire moving in obvious slow motion - as he passes each soldier, lightning envelopes them and they're left convulsing behind him...

The camera shifts then, positions behind the Volt and to his side, with the frame centered on the Excal a good distance away... knocked to the ground somehow, with a hail of bullets and bombs heading towards him in slow motion. The Volt does his spin attack on the Dax soldier, zaps a couple more to the side with lightning that chains through them, then the backwards leap and the electric shield... with the projectiles exploding as they hit the shield, fire consuming the tripped Dax soldier in the process.

There's a moment of quiet as the Volt extends a hand to his brother in arms, helping the Excal to his feet. They nod to each other, and then the Volt takes off again, zooming at high speed as the Excal starts slashing soldiers up again. You can see in the background of Excal's fight, the Volt rises up into the air and lets loose a massive Discharge explosion, causing all the nearby soldiers to convulse with lightning.

Then it moves on to the Mag doing her Crush near the end, as we have in the current trailer.

Seriously - seeing a downed ally on the other side of the map, zooming up, placing a Volt shield to block gunfire, and rezzing him up? That's peak Volt. (Other than decimating an entire field of enemies with Discharge of course, or the high speed melee attacks)

Instead we got a brief stint of him sprinting, doing his spin attack, and then... later we see him just channeling lightning onto a single enemy for a brief moment.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Instead we got a brief stint of him sprinting, doing his spin attack, and then... later we see him just channeling lightning onto a single enemy for a brief moment.

He's channeling into a group. But he's in all the scenes. Just going too fast to see him.

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

words

while i wish he at least used his overload to dive bomb some dax how they showed him off imo was pretty good since not much of volts kit is fancy to show off 

though i wish i could just hold his 1 to channel shock like every other time we were shown volt in trailers 

6 minutes ago, seprent said:

while i wish he at least used his overload to dive bomb some dax how they showed him off imo was pretty good since not much of volts kit is fancy to show off 

though i wish i could just hold his 1 to channel shock like every other time we were shown volt in trailers 

I thought what I outlined above would've done a good job showing it off. 😛

Figured including his augment, and showing the lightning from his arm coils, would have made him flashier.

While I have weird dislike on Volt (coz them speed spammers made me hate the frame!), I do feel like he had very little screen time (and shinning moment) on that trailer. I mean, if that was my first time to know about warframe I wouldn't be interested on the Volt warframe coz I didn't see much of its abilities, he didn't seem "powerful" on that trailer while Excal and Mag were a total badass. It would be great if it had a scene where he zaps the whole battlefield (not just a group, and he's not even the main focus on it). Sadly, Volt feels like an extra on the trailer. XD

• Like 1

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

I thought what I outlined above would've done a good job showing it off. 😛

Figured including his augment, and showing the lightning from his arm coils, would have made him flashier.

i think it would look more interesting if they first showed volts perspective then a far shot of the same thing but from a outside perspective kinda show how fast electricity can be 

26 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

So, this has been bugging me since I first saw it... Volt didn't really get a fair shake in that new CGI trailer they got. Excalibur stole his scenes!

I feel like, personally, they should've given Volt a hero moment. Have the camera start way back in the battlefield, showing the soldiers all doing their things, but you see in the distance a streak of light... the camera rapidly flicks across the battlefield to Volt running at high speed, with lightning trailing behind him like the Flash. The enemies and gunfire moving in obvious slow motion - as he passes each soldier, lightning envelopes them and they're left convulsing behind him...

The camera shifts then, positions behind the Volt and to his side, with the frame centered on the Excal a good distance away... knocked to the ground somehow, with a hail of bullets and bombs heading towards him in slow motion. The Volt does his spin attack on the Dax soldier, zaps a couple more to the side with lightning that chains through them, then the backwards leap and the electric shield... with the projectiles exploding as they hit the shield, fire consuming the tripped Dax soldier in the process.

There's a moment of quiet as the Volt extends a hand to his brother in arms, helping the Excal to his feet. They nod to each other, and then the Volt takes off again, zooming at high speed as the Excal starts slashing soldiers up again. You can see in the background of Excal's fight, the Volt rises up into the air and lets loose a massive Discharge explosion, causing all the nearby soldiers to convulse with lightning.

Then it moves on to the Mag doing her Crush near the end, as we have in the current trailer.

Seriously - seeing a downed ally on the other side of the map, zooming up, placing a Volt shield to block gunfire, and rezzing him up? That's peak Volt. (Other than decimating an entire field of enemies with Discharge of course, or the high speed melee attacks)

One other thing. I agree, Volt should've had that moment. Mag should've also had an extended moment in the sky before she gets knocked out. Should've been some kind of dogfight with Orokin Ogmas.

Want to talk about stealing a spotlight?

Trailer shows starter frames.

Loki was a starter frame before Volt. Then Volt got the job. Because Volt is “easier” then Loki. The “easy” is official explanation, by the way, not a gossip or slander.

Every second of Volt screentime? It should have been Loki.

So. I feel that unnamed Chesa Kubrow needed a hero moment.

Edited by rand0mname
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Should've showed Saryn sporing the entire area so people know what to look forward to.

Better yet just have the Volt spin cycling through the entire field in half a second with a whip while the other two frames jog behind him to the tower. Hyper realistic. 

Edited by Cubewano

Volts "cool" moment was incredibly subtle in that he's moving so fast everything else looks like it has come to a stand still.  Yeah, they could have done a little more, but his abilities seriously aren't as flashy outside of that super speed concept.  He shoots lightning, shoots an area wide lightning, moves super fast, and erects a shield.  There actually isn't much to go on there.  Not quite like impaling people with a sword or catching and returning bullets anyway.

10 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Want to talk about stealing a spotlight?

Trailer shows starter frames.

Loki was a starter frame before Volt. Then Volt got the job. Because Volt is “easier” then Loki. The “easy” is official explanation, by the way, not a gossip or slander.

Every second of Volt screentime? It should have been Loki.

So. I feel that unnamed Chesa Kubrow needed a hero moment.

False.

The original three starters were Excal, Loki, and Volt.

Volt got replaced by Mag at one point.

Then later Volt came back in, taking Loki's spot.

In other words, Mag stole the Loki spotlight.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

When Volt is running is supposed to be using SPEED but he is actually running too slow for it to be noticeable, he does use his shield and shock which are visible, he DOESN'T USE DISCHARGE for a WHOA effect on the intro, which will be VERY misleading for new players on the performance and features of the frame, as it clearly displays Excalibur or Mag as better picks because they get more screen time. If he used discharge he would have nuked the entire Grineer army present >_>

38 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

When Volt is running is supposed to be using SPEED but he is actually running too slow for it to be noticeable, he does use his shield and shock which are visible, he DOESN'T USE DISCHARGE for a WHOA effect on the intro, which will be VERY misleading for new players on the performance and features of the frame, as it clearly displays Excalibur or Mag as better picks because they get more screen time. If he used discharge he would have nuked the entire Grineer army present >_>

Did you just completely miss the part where he runs past bullets that are moving at a snail’s pace? Or the Dax soldier seemingly floating in the air?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

He was totally having a Quicksilver moment 😄

Legit all they were missing was that cheesy sweet dreams song. If they played that no one would be dissing speedyboi from that trailer. Thought he had the best part tbh. All I can think is people must have missed the still bullets and other slow mo effects from watching on their phones or something. 

It is not that noticeable mostly because Volt in moving in "normal speed" but all Volt scenes are in bullet time mode. 

It could indeed be more awesome if they make Volt running in increased speed among static explosion effects, well like one of those X-men Quicksilver moments

Edited by Marvelous_A