Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames and weapons you wish would get a nerf

10 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm sorry you failed to understand the metaphor. I'll try to explain it again. "Warframe" is the "burger".

And I feel like there is a very vocal minority that thinks warframe should be fundamentally different. In other words, that warframe shouldnt be a "burger" but it should be else. I disagree and am perfectly happy with my "burger". It might not be perfect but I dont expect it to me. It's a burger.

And I feel like the typical argument for turning warframe into something different typically relies on the supposition that if warframe is more challenging, it will be more fun. I dont think that's necessarily true. There are people who like the fact that their grind for mods/kuva/arcanes/endo/credits/forma/affinity/focus rewards them with more power. There are people that like the feeling of being "overpowered".

Oh that makes this much easier, you don't get to designate yourself speaker for the community, and you definitely don't get to decide you know best just because you believe you do. Short and simple. Warframe is not just your burger. 

And I feel like there is a very vocal minority that think warframe is fine as it is. See we can both just make baseless pure emotional arguments. I do know however people didn't complain nearly as much about the balance of this game until power creep got really out of hand and that's a real thing.

As for how people enjoy gameplay, yes, that is a more open debate, some people like a casual game, I certainly do, and some people like things more competitive/skillful, but what makes you think it has to be an all or nothing endeavor? Or that somehow power progression needs to end for balance to happen? That we either have feel weak or game breaking? Do you find games like DmC and Bayonetta to be unsatisfying high skill ceiling games with no feeling of power fantasy? They're games with a level of balance and engaging combat that also make for you to feel like you are a powerful character, do those games fail to your satisfaction?

48 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I used the term "effective nuke" because not every volt or saryn or whatever that I see, is actually able to nuke the map to the point where I would say "yup this map is getting nuked". I don't know if it's a lack of skill, lack of proper loadouts or what. But still.

I'm aware of why you used the term, I'm just saying it's not really a thing for the most part. Outside volt pretty much all nukes are effective from the ground up for typical content, as the power creep for this game has continued to grow, not only has the power scale for our tools gone up, the accessibility of power has also gone up. I spend most of my time in pubs running into just map clear players. 

48 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Even on hydron getting matched with nukes is the exception and not the norm by a large margin. If it rustles your jimmies so much yes, it is avoidable. You can play with friends/clanmates/alliance mates or find people in recruiting chat or play solo. Its not like you have no choice but to be in game after game with thermonuclear saryns.

Hydron is where you go to level, it's one of the few instances you don't want to be playing a nuke since it'd soak up the experience for the things you want to level, or of course takes up the slot of something you want to level, so of course you aren't running into nukes often there. I'm also not sure the appropriate response to power creep being too incompatible with team play is for people to just no longer use public matchmaking, that sounds like an incredibly lazy short sighted solution that puts the burden on the player instead of fixing a clear design issue.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brey223 said:

As you go through completing the story quests you’re constantly faced with challenging enemies and constantly juggling your health and ammo, gauging enemies and so on. As you get better gear and more frames, weapons etc it’s only natural that you get to the point that the content you already went through is easier. Instead of butchering damage they need to create content for the players that have already gone through that content. 

All you've convinced me here is your a very new player with little equipment, and thus don't know what power progression becomes once you leave the honey moon starter period. Challenge will quickly evaporate, as will any concern for the health, ammo, or energy economy. And even through new content, and new quests, none of it becomes more challenging to compensate. Why you ask? Because we've effectively come to a place where we have no power ceiling, so there is no real upward difficulty to keep providing on top of, at least not with turning off our abilities like DE has made more of a habit of lately, and which is a solution I do not find ideal. (this power creep also can only adversely affect the start experience by making the content easier and easier until it becomes just as uninvolved)

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xydeth said:

this exactly. a CC-less, pseudo tanky frame only centered around damage needs....guess what, damage. if she didnt have enough damage people would just use another frame and then people complain about this frame after some time.

it I don't have a problem with the damage she is brainless and does not need LOS/another damage source like her alternatives.  also she has better base stats than some a tank frames.  she, mesa, and a few other frames need more tuning not full on nerfs but she is definitely over tuned.  i would prefer she gets a tune up knock the damage/range/brain-deadness down a peg and that is it.  (personally I would change miasma or spores to require LOS and have toxic lash buff allies as well or kill her self heal changing her tactics to require more support) over all I think that while she is over tuned a flat Nerf is not what she need but as she is she is cancer in any game mode where maximum KPS is required (so any thing that is not ESO and SO).  

as for Octavia she is the definition of a timer frame is dull as all heck to play while OP sure it is not as bad as some other frame but she is not killing every thing and is a support.  

I have yet to play mesa but I don't care for how tanky she is with her DPS output but it is understandable thanks to how her 4 works even if it could be a tad weaker than it is.  as far as kit goes she has 2 damage mitigation abilities (one is 95% DR and the other prevents enemies from shooting a minor annoyance for me because I main HA/rage frames but it is minor)  that is more DR than gara or trin can give but eh it is weaker than those forms of DR in other respects.  

as far as equinox goes she is less of a pain to work around unless there are 2 of them maim raiding thus letting me maintain buffs.

as far as bringing frames up I think that it would be better to make more Oberon tier frames than saryn or mesa tier frames and change the game so that CC has some meaning (IE rebalance enemy health armor and damage scaling sot that it is not a slog to deal with then tune some of the over preforming DPS frames down a tad (not a lot but a little bit) )  personally I would like more frames like zephyr than more inaros, chromas, or saryns.  

• Like 2

There's no one thing that can be changed or nerfed to improve game play experience from what it is now. Sorry to say Warframe will only get worse as time goes on. It has been and will continue too.

The core mechanics of the game are simply broken. They have been for a long time and the more DE builds on top of this creaking foundation the more unstable the game becomes. The more exceptions to the rule DE adds only accelerates this. Sadly. I'm not sure DE can correct this as they continue to make the same mistakes. Nerf this one day, Nerf that the other. It's a circle of Players Vs Devs in an ever devolving game play experience.

Never before have we had this many layers of mechanic and paths in front of us yet so little options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vortuna said:

People requesting nerfs in this thread never played in missions with more than level 40 enemies.

These people belong to Destiny 2.

Apparently you haven't or you'd know the difference is null. 

Also what does Destiny have to do with people wanting a more engaging experience in Warframe? Do you think the only difference between the two is their difficulty?

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Saryn I agree with op she’s too much. Cast your 1 once and everything in the level dies 3 times over. It makes the game boring for any one in the match. Her 4 clears the level if you get to the point things last more then 3 seconds from just your 1. 

Ill only use that frame in sortie exterminate if it’s bow only or something I don’t like. Otherwise too boring. And I don’t care what other damage frame is there if I’m not 85% of all damage with 95% of kills I’ll be shocked.

At lest volt cost mana, and is a slow moving ring of death that gives allies a chance to kill something before it dies from it.  

Yep. Saryn is the most braindead op frame that ruins the game for others.

She can solo even defence missions easily which not makes any sense

3 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

So others in a group have chance to actually kill stuff

Today in Arbs I ran a 30 min survival with me as Mesa P, had a Saryn P, Mirage P and Nova P in the squad. 20 min in I was the only one left standing. I was almost backed into a corner, had to figure out a way to parkour around 2 nullys, then kill 3 nullys, Operator dash twice to Magus lock 6 drones, kill 6 drones,  slam attack with my Redeemer p, and PM the area (20+ enemies?) only then to get enough tokens to revive 1 squad mate. 

That said what happens when your expected to nuke the room to revive your fallen comrades? Dps frames work as intended. And that's to kill S#&$. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

There's no one thing that can be changed or nerfed to improve game play experience from what it is now. Sorry to say Warframe will only get worse as time goes on. It has been and will continue too.

The core mechanics of the game are simply broken. They have been for a long time and the more DE builds on top of this creaking foundation the more unstable the game becomes. The more exceptions to the rule DE adds only accelerates this. Sadly. I'm not sure DE can correct this as they continue to make the same mistakes. Nerf this one day, Nerf that the other. It's a circle of Players Vs Devs in an ever devolving game play experience.

Never before have we had this many layers of mechanic and paths in front of us yet so little options.

This is also vary true and a hard pull to swallow for most. It would be a huge undertaking just to change to core mechanics of thus game. Would probably take way to long to do so. Time is money. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Apparently you haven't or you'd know the difference is null. 

Also what does Destiny have to do with people wanting a more engaging experience in Warframe? Do you think the only difference between the two is their difficulty?

No matter what guns you use in Destiny 2, there's no massive power creep from certain weapons like what we may have here, and "AoE" abilities are only once every couple of minutes or so, people can have their "engaging team experience" there.

If people wanna have an "engaging experience" using their Stugs then might as well move over.

24 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

No matter what guns you use in Destiny 2, there's no massive power creep from certain weapons like what we may have here, and "AoE" abilities are only once every couple of minutes or so, people can have their "engaging team experience" there.

If people wanna have an "engaging experience" using their Stugs then might as well move over.

Destiny has 0 engagement.

Most boring gameplay I ever played.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Literally everything, enemies, weapons, mods, warframes, armour and DR, bosses, focus, everything.

A complete rebuild of the game from the ground up, please and thank you.

You are getting your wish.

WARFRAME 2 is coming for next gen systems. Heard Steve says it.

Imma stick to Warframe unless I get a free next gen system. And that happening is as much as getting the woman I love to ask me to marry her.

Who else gonna get in WARFRAME 2 (or will it be II or TWO or....)

8 hours ago, lilWik said:

wisp, i think she does too much, even her first ability does this,that and that again 10 times, passivw invisibility in air, bla bla bla 

Wisp is fairly balanced (and nullifiers is a thing you know). But hey lets nerf everything, it worked great for ember didnt it? She currently is so bad you cant do the 3rd part sortie with her.

wisp is a support, shes not OP, shes not like how trinity used to be, so i dont know why you bash wisp when she actually is fairly balanced for what she is and is supposed to do.

• Like 1

Nerfs? Most melee. This is more for personal taste than me having hard evidence they actually deserve it, but the power creep in melee is just astonishing

Galatine Prime nerfed to become the Slash version of War. Gram Prime nerfed until it has the same average DPS as War (and nerfed Galatine Prime). Paracesis can stay as it is, in my new paradigm it would fit as basically "Gram Prime lite"

Ohma nerfed to same base damage as Telos Boltor. If I'm feeling really mean conservative both of them get nerfed to Kronen Prime's base damage, so they can be a triangle of Puncture/Slash/Electricity. If I'm feeling liberal generous, Kronen Prime gets a buff

Maiming Strike nerfed from +90% to just 90%. Blood Rush nerfed from +165% to +110%

Whips nerfed slightly to reward spacing: some sort of minor damage/crit chance/crit damage nerf to any attack that doesn't hit with the head of the whip. I'm not talking anything drastic here, I still want players to have the option to actually deal damage to enemies right up in their grill, while also making Memeing Strike spin attack chains less mindless and boring for the user

Then we have Wukong... I am REALLY hesitant to touch Wukong because his new rework is really fun and you can't just nerf everything regardless of how fun it is. But you've got to admit, they gave him SO many tools in this rework. Full self-heal for 50 energy, an absorb attack that's objectively better than Nyx's, and an exalted weapon that leaves Excalibur in the dust is already ridiculous. But on top of that he's the only frame that can damage enemies with a gun AND melee at the exact same time. Every other frame has to choose between Arca Plasmor or Maiming Atterax, but Wukong can have both. I don't know what, but he might need to take SOMEthing off his amazing kit

1 hour ago, Vortuna said:

So you think the only difference between Warframe and Destiny is gear balance and cooldowns on abilities? Otherwise it's the exact same experience? 

Edited by Cubewano

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

You are getting your wish.

WARFRAME 2 is coming for next gen systems. Heard Steve says it.

Imma stick to Warframe unless I get a free next gen system. And that happening is as much as getting the woman I love to ask me to marry her.

Who else gonna get in WARFRAME 2 (or will it be II or TWO or....)

Not sure if sarcasm...

I wouldn't say that I wish it would happen but I bet the Catchmoon eventually gets nerfed... Accumulating whipclaw will probably eventually get nerfed...I think it's not now because a lot of people don't know how op it actually can be.

Maiming strike will probably get nerfed again with melee 3.0 I wouldn't be sad to see that mod removed completely.

11 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Discuss.

I would love for DE to finally nerf Saryn for example

Saryn really doesn't need a nerf. She already got a massive nerf not too long ago. She used to instantly nuke an entire mission. 

Personally no frame really needs a nerf. I think at the current state of the game they need to stop nerfing cause the game is way too easy, they instead should buff missions so that they're harder and higher level and thus frames will balance out. 

Everything is so bloody easy right now. Especially as a team. I think enemies should be a lot tougher. I actually really like the direction DE are taking with the corpus cause it makes them a ligit challange. But Grineer and infested are way too easy

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

No sarcasm

I heard that and was not sure how I felt....but DE gotta do what DE gotta do.

I wonder what they gonna name it. Warframe 2, Warframe: The Reckoning, Warframe Prime.

I would suggest you view his comment as a joke, given they've joked about Warframe 2 in the past.