Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

DE released them with a "Safe" amount of Standing gain so that they were not Instantly broken in unforeseen ways by the Community, as DE wanted to test the waters, without needing to back track and nerf something the Community is enjoying in a broken state.

If anything, I'd kindly ask you to shut your mouth, because this is literally DE testing the waters for a potential "Token Reward System" that Players have been BEGGING for for ages.
(Today, Syndicate Standing. Tomorrow, Sortie Tokens, etc.)

10 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

the mods don't work outside of conclave,

Some mods do work outside conclave but those that do also have PvE sources such as dropping from Sentient Conculysts and Battalysts or, in the case of Augments, being purchaseable from the main 6 Syndicates.

When I first heard about the Universal Medallions my immediate thought was that I might actually try to get some of the Conclave skins.  Then I that they cost 50,000 Standing each and I didn't fancy farming 50 Medallions per skin BUT what I might have done would be farm a few medallions to take the edge off and then play some Conclave to get the rest of the Standing.  I've tried Conclave, CtC was okay, Lunaro was okay, Deathmatch has never been my thing, I'm already Rank 5 but I didn't fancy keeping at it to get some skins.  The mix of some Conclave and some Medallion farming though, that was tempting.  As it is the decision not to allow Universal Medallions has now set me back to not wanting to play Conclave. 

Assuming I'm not the only person who thinks this way, this means the decision to "respect the Conclave grind" has just prevented the potential growth of the Conclave community.  I'm sure people are now thinking "But you could just play Conclave if you want those skins." and I could, I always could have, but I didn't and I wont because I don't want the skins enough to warrant that much Conclave.  The addition of Universal Medallions made me re-evaluate that decision, it was something new that changed the balance of pros and cons and made me think some Conclave mixed with some Disruption might be worth doing for a skin, until that option was vetoed and set me back to my original decision.  The irony to me is that the gatekeeping of those skins by the Conclave community has not encouraged me to play Conclave while allowing a mix of Disruption and Conclave probably would have seen me play Conclave.

5 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The mix of some Conclave and some Medallion farming though, that was tempting.  As it is the decision not to allow Universal Medallions has now set me back to not wanting to play Conclave. 

If I understand this right you were using the medallion farm as a break from conclave but if we're being real you can just take a break no one has set a time limit on you getting stuff in conclave. Also people can use the medallions as an excuse saying they were gonna play conclave and grow but if they were truly going to play they would be playing already the medallions is just a tool being used to argue. If the medallions are so minor as many of you have been arguing (I have already said why it doesn't matter above) then you mixing the two would have near no affect on your growth and in fact only slow you down, you are clearly just using the lack of the medallion to justify your lack of desire to play the mode.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 1

I already had a lack of desire to play the mode, I freely admit that.  The thing is that if I had, say, 35 Universal Medallions that I have no other use for then I might have thought what the hell, I'll try Lunaro again and see if I can get 15k from that.  I guess it's a bit like how a log-in discount encourages people to buy Platinum.  I can buy Platinum whenever I want, I'm lucky enough to have the disposable income to do that, but I don't because I don't particularly need Platinum right now.  Then I get a 50% discount and that changes things, I might as well buy a bit while it's cheap, then I end up buying a colour palette I'd had on my wishlist for months because, hey, I just got that Platinum half price so I might as well use it.  Similarly I look a Conclave skin and I think it's cool but I don't really need it and don't want to farm it, but give me Medallions to make up a chunk of the cost and I might then play some Conclave to make up the rest.

4 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I would like to see Conclave split like how it's split with Lunaro and normal PVP...It needs another PVE/PVP game mode and racing sounds as if that's where they are going..but,... this is Warframe and De will somehow take a good idea and make it not a good idea and it will die much like how Lunaro died...

Okay, how about a game mode where players compete to complete objectives efficiently. Not necessarily kill enemies but more like a mix of different game modes, an obstacle course where competing an objective can delay your competitors or being inefficient can cause objectives to take longer to complete. 

Your playing against competition, just not in a player kill mechanism. An interception point you're taking might override a terminal someone else is hacking, hacking a terminal might release drones that someone has to point defense on, it could be team vs team where you never actually have to see the competitor team... it's more modern warfare where you have to try to sabotage your enemy's systems and situation, compromising them,  while also trying to secure your self from being sabotaged, reflecting situations in combat where your enemy will be actively trying to use security systems or other available mechanisms as improvised defense. 

Not all combat is shooting. Often in the modern world it relies on being able to outpace your enemy being able to bring defenses online against you. 

18 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

For me Medallions represented a way to activly get mods that would have maybe helped even the fild with conclave without having to spend precious hard won standing on those mods, because 'spend money that you earned getting your face punched in then getting sneered at YOU being the problem' is unappealing.

Imo, even if most of the mods don't make big changes, it would be neat if Teshin gave most if not all of them to players for free when they either go to see him in the relay or after taking a first look at the conclave console, idk, anytime. I don't even mind giving those mods away since i have nothíng left to buy than relic packs i won't even crack anyways.

23 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Another thread offers plenty of suggestions on ways to improve conclave standing, some even suggesting 'indirect' PvP in the form of restoring the solar rails, time trials, etc etc in addition to 'minor' gains for this that and the other. I liked that the person made a lot of suggestions. Not all would be practical, but at the same time 'the idea is to provide options.'

A lot of options to fix different of the conclave issues have been provided over time but not much has been done. It's also not rare for conclave related threads to get derailed by PvE players calling for its removal or openly trying to discourage DE from putting any work on it even if these are features that could help them get the skins in an easier way through PvP gameplay.

35 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Also what I'm seeing is a lotof 'CONCLAVE FOR CONCLAVE ONLY!' and shouting down throwing hate at people who aren't happy with how thigns are then hiding behind' yea now go haead and be spiteful and hateful at me.'

On one hand, nobody has said that "conclave for the conclave only", on the other, we're already used to deal with the "Warframe for PvE players only" that will most likely be validated using "the majority" as an argument.

Either way, feel free to at least quote the part of the message that makes you feel like that so things can be clarified. It's far more constructive than leaving some baits.

44 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

The fact people aren't happy with the thigns you say IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.

With what things said by who? Quotes make discussion much easier to follow, feel free to use them.

and Yes, the guy's rank does matter when he's *@##$ing about being 'the last conclave player.

It doesn't. What matters is that he's an active player regarless of his rank. Let's agree to disagree since that won't change anything in the discussion.

especially when you have a lot of people, founders included, that have made the full climb. rank 3?

Founder status means as much as syndicate rank. It only means that the player threw some money ($20-$250) before Nov-1-2013 while disregarding the monetary support provided by other players who don't have that stats (yes, that's beside the point).

Even I can manage that by getting facerolled constantly getting maybe a few hundred at best standing per match and a dozen or so being more realistic

Well, anyone can since there isn't any arbitrary requirement saying "only the chosen ones can rank up".

1 hour ago, MarrikBroom said:

Add on to it the skill gap

There isn't much DE can do about it unless the playerbase magically changed their stance against any sort of challenge. And yeah, it includes PvE since every single time a mildly challenging enemy is added then the forums are flooded by people asking for a nerf to them.

THen you, you know who you are, come screaming in throwing fire damndnation, and sheer spite at anyone that isn't of the opinion that conclave is roses and sunshine.

Nobody has ever said that conclave is roses and sunshine, otherwise feedback about how to improve it would not exist. 

So please, give me some constructive behavior. Give me a reason to feel welcome. Give me a reason to not feel like I got slapped in the face. I am not alone. 

It's hard to give "you" constructive behavior when it immediately goes through your own biased view and makes you come screaming in throwing fire damndnation, and sheer spite start tossing blatant exaggerations around. 

Discussion is always welcome, btw.

Except I'm not seeing discussion. I'm seeing you chewing apart everything I'm saying as excuse to dismiss me.

So you'll dismiss everything i said above to discuss your points... as "not discussion". 

So. Instead of us going around circling because to be blunt? You and S.whoever both come off as antagonistic (same could probably be said for me. Let's not try picking favorites here.)

Could've gone straight to the point and save us all quite a read.

Since you feel unimedallions working for conclave is apparently a sin against God and Nature?

No need to add words i never said. I'm neutral to the whole UniMeds thing but seeing how negative is a lot of the playerbase when it comes to conclave additions, improvements and the unreasonable hate towards its players has me agreeing with DE's decision and even see it as a way to say "you reap what you sought" to the community.

How do you propose conclave get made more inviting so it doesn't feel like 'oh boy i get to be somebody's free point drone while i get a hand full of pity points'?

I wouldn't mind boosts to standing gains, some way to make players with more kills in a lobby become worth more standing for whoever kills him, etc.

I'd even say that some sort of skill based matchmaking could improve things a lot, but it requires player numbers to be supported, but given the current stance of many wf players when it comes to PvP it would also require a miracle to change enough minds to make it work.

I'd also be happy to see some more casual friendly modes like Opticor Variant (Instagib using modified opticors where all frames shared the same EHP, mobility, and were stripped of their powers and passives) so people can just jump in with their best looking frame and get some kills despite these being lucky or not.

I have even started to rethink my stance about adding bots to conclave and would like it as long as players are still required to be on a public lobby to get small amounts of standing from them while leaving room for other players who try matchmaking to join their lobby and fight each other as well.

There's a lot of possibilites, but providing feedback and ideas feels worthless when DE doesn't make much with PvP and the community goes "REEEEEEE..." when they do something as small as tweaking a PvPDamageMultiplier=0.X or AvailableInPvP=[0/1] value in the code.

-----------------------------

PS: Since i think we are understanding better now: How would you feel about a conclave syndicate weapon set if UniMeds could be used to progress in conclave?

How about letting PvP players progress in NightWave through conclave gameplay?

Edited by Stormdragon
  • Like 1

Since you feel unimedallions working for conclave is apparently a sin against God and Nature? How do you propose conclave get made more inviting so it doesn't feel like 'oh boy i get to be somebody's free point drone while i get a hand full of pity points'?

S.Whoever here, I have made post on what they can add to conclave and on how they should advertise the mode and add controls to make it more enjoyable, I've encouraged them to add frame fighter or even Komi to conclave so saying there is no discussion is a little wrong, you should be saying you haven't seen discussion because guess what you and many other people have only just joined the conversation while some of us have been here since before the universal medallion. There is a community that has suggested how to get conclave to grow and guess what the same PVE players that are complaining are the ones saying they wouldn't like to see the devs put time into improving it. So sorry if all thats left is give reasons why you shouldn't just get what you want because you want it. We've tried myself and storm dragon I have seen him in some of my long ago post on conclave and can say even though we dont always agree with each other at least we were here before we got teased by a little medallion.

TLDR: I know what I've said and I know I've given ways to improve conclave, I can only repeat myself so many times.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Going to have to agree with you there. 'Why make changes when the diehards scream murder

not the conclave players screaming I believe many of us are pretty happy to see DE even acknowledge we exist. De works very slowly this has lead to players who understandably want them to focus on the main things in the game since we get like 2 content drops a year at this point. I've tried giving suggestions that take near no development time and play towards the social view of conclave but more PVE players than conclave players had a problem with that so I honestly again don't know what to say. 

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

My biggest problmem is you quote spamming. It comes across as 'i will bury you in my textwall.'

It's mostly so you (and anyone else reading) has an easier time following instead of needing to go back above to read why did i write something.

No, you aren't neutrl. Neither is S.whatever. Youv'etaken a very antagonistic stance to the whole thing while trying to look impartial, which has me very.. .not wanting to play ball since 'oh i'm soooo impartial' and no. 

I'm actually neutral and wouldn't care at all, but as pointed above and perhaps on other threads, it's the negativity of the playerbase towards the mode what gets me to agree with DE's decision. If you can't believe something as simple as that, let's agree to disagree and move on.

So yea. I like your idea of more 'level the field' modes. I was never good at shock rifle only in UT, but I had more fun there than in 'unrestricted.' Plus there's the 'gimmick' oro/holiday modes with limited weapons. So That at least helped. I had fun in that it wasn't just me getting torn apart by the vets. It was me, a bunch of other people, all flailing around.

It has been requested more than once, same for bringimg back the conclave events since player dillution in these made having old players much harder than on regular gameplay.

I guess it hasn't happened mostly because of the negative feedback [first link i could find] from the playerbase back when these went live, even Steve used that word (force) on twitter when replying to the controversial tweet that nearly everyone blames for DE's decision.

So I'm with you on getting matchmaking. Also giving more or less worth based on how they're performing. I'm not sure wo well that will work in practice, but in theory itwould give incentive to stop bullying the guy that's just flailing around and go after the guy ripping everyone to shreds. That is a good idea.

It should have to be an automatic system (unlike Recruit Conditioning since it fails miserably at keeping new and old players apart) to prevent exploitation, the biggest issue might be getting enough players to support some sort of skill based matchmaking since without numbers it only achieves to split the playerbase even further (not sure if it's worth mentioning a comparison woth of 2 other games i play and have similar systems).

I'd love an operator only mode too. No focus trees. No arcanes. No amps, and no invisibility. I don't know how well that mode would go over, but I'd be up for trying it.

My biggest issue with operator PvP is that it would need to be gated behind The War Within, which could require quite some grind for a new player to get there and specially if it's someone who got into warframe because of that PvP mode. Other than that, why not?

And well, i'm glad to see we're understanding better now, so i'm gonna take the chance to repeat a few questions i added to the previous message (might have made the edit while you were replying so these didn't load in a proper moment:

If Teshin got changed to accept UniMeds, how would you (anyone reading) feel about conclave getting its own set of syndicate weapons?

What about allowing Nightwave progress through conclave gameplay (for instance, not even the "bullet jump X times daily counts) or an alternative PvP route for it?

How about Teshin selling some of the annoying resources (like Nitain, Vitus, Argon, etc) at decently high costs?

Or how about returning Potatoes as conclave rewards? These used to be there but got removed because of negative feedback from (surprise!) PvE players?

Similar thing with letting Teshin basically sell any frame and weapon that can be used in PvP just like he currently sells the starter ones since, as many PvE players say, "if anything from PvP gets enabled for PvE use, it has to be made available through PvE too" without even thinking about it working backwards as well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

1. If Conclave is made more fun? as in I'll actually show up for weekly things without being terrified 'you're playing with friends that must mean you're win trading! Report! Ban! BAAAAAN! BAAAAAN!' will happen and I'm going in feeling like I"m roughly the same skill level everyone else is so I'm not either stomping someone who doens't know how the controls function, or a mobile target balloon? Hell yea. Bring the Dax Nikana/daikyu/whatever.

Just going to comment on this one for now.

That's not a thing that happens. But it's being brought up so often, it's pretty clearly a very convenient Strawman argument for those with an axe to grind.

People can get reported for kill/challenge/win trading, that's true. The same is true for e.g. afk-ing in Cetus/Fortuna bounties. There's a very clear difference between playing a game mode and trying to abuse the system just to get their hands on some form of reward.

These players are disruptive to others who simply want to play a mode for what it is, just like a guy who wants to explicitely disrupt e.g. a Mobile Defence by blocking the console with a Cataclysm. Reports are manual and proof has to be provided, just like everywhere else.

Get your friends together and play how you like, try to have fun. That's all there is to it. Put guys who're saying they're going to report you when you were just playing on your ignore list. You don't have to be a 420 MLG no-scope player, play at your own pace, have fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

The thing is PvP on P2P basis is not fun at all except for the host.. I can't tell you how many times I got wrecked because doors refused to open..

There are REASONS people don't like conclave, which is gently ignored by DE for literal years..

THAT'S why we were hoping for the universal medallion. That's why we (mostly vets) were excited to progress through the final syndicate we have left.. 

Not to mention DE themselves brought it up and gave us hope, that's why we're mad about it..

And no, for me personally which can be PUBLICALLY checked, it is NOT for the cosmetics, but purely to finish the last syndicate. 

And I, from the bottom of my heart refuse to cheat my way through it how the majority of conclave players have done it with friends and such.

I don't cheat in this game, and NEVER will. Yes, I'd rather play disruption thousands of times than either cheat or play that buggy mess that is conclave.

And believe me, I tried, I'm 10k points away from rank 3. I did try, and it wasn't neither fun nor fair, especially thanks to P2P. 

And yes, in my opinion, there's no need to upkeep it. I mean they dropped raids.

I'm done with this mode. 

All of them are crooks, but I won't cheat..which is basically saying they are all cheats so that can allow PVE to justify itself in mistreating them and their time in game....

No..Move along and put up with whatever Conclave throws at you if you want to max it out like they did....Honestly... if at all possible...If not... I don't care even if you tossed yourself off a cliff a thousand times to throw a match...at least you did it in PVP Conclave and not in PVE...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

I’ll let this video and the comments in the comment section speak for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sM8hm_GFI

Just to add to this, I’m upset about the UM also, the one thing in the update I was looking forward to and DE nerfs the heck out of it and the 1% of players complaining about it. How I see it if you don`t want to use the UM then don`t bloody use them, why would you make it for the ppl that want to use the UM on pvp not possible? It`s literally like presenting food to someone that hasn’t eaten for 3 days and then saying “nah you ant getting it” DE you listen to the 1% of ppl saying the UM for pvp is bad, you listen to the 1% of ppl that wanted rivens for sentinels but the 1% of ppl or more (like me) that are telling you time after time that Ash`s bs is too slow, boring and useless in a team and show you proof of this, you don`t listen one bit. 

If I have to give some solutions to both the UM and a new pvp game mode, for the UM, you find 6 UMs in disruption missions only and they costing 10 standing each.

The only way I will EVER play conclave is if they add this type of game mode. 

Spoiler

K-drives in conclave

Since DE is setting up a race track in fortuna why not also put this as a game mode in conclave. Now before you say it yes it won`t fix conclave but it will be a fun game mode where it will bring a new audience to conclave. Here are some ideas of what this game mode will have.

Inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUkNLZ9oqU

·        K-drives will be ridden by warframes or operators.

·        If you choose warframe you get 1 extra second on pickup duration ability.

·        If you choose operator you will get 20% control.

·        K-drives have 3 health bars.

·        If you have 0 health, you will stop moving and you must rapidly press a button (X or A on controllers) to repair k-drive to get back into the race.

·        The race track levels can use existing tilesets e.g. infested ship.

·        Doing tricks, grinding and taking short cuts will reward you with conclave standing.

·        Doing tricks and drifting will give you a short boost of speed

·        If you come last place you will still get a decent amount of conclave standing.

·        If you come 1st place you will get some sort of advantage in the next game.

·        You will be able to pick up items to use for yourself or against opponents.

·        There are 2 difficulty modes, easy and hard. The hard difficulty will have obstacles and hazards e.g falling debris.

·        In the hard difficulty, it will reward the racers that come 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with even more standing.

·        Pickups will be warframe abilities.

Warframe ability pickups;

Excalibur 2nd ability - can blind opponents for 3 seconds

Ash 1st ability – will do damage over time taking 2 health bars homing on opponents

Volt 2nd ability - gives you 30% speed for 7 seconds

Loki 3rd ability – allows you to switch with someone in front of you

Frost 1st ability – will slow your opponent for 2 seconds and deal damage taking 1 health bar

Trinity 4th ability - will restore 3 health bars

Nezha 2nd ability – can hit up to 3 opponents and will damage 1 health bar

Nova 3rd ability – if anyone goes through the portal it will send the 3 places back

Vauban 1st ability – can shock up to 2 players when going near them

Nyx 1st ability – can be used on opponents to convert their controls for 5 seconds

Mag 2nd ability – will put a bubble on an opponent for 30 seconds which anyone that uses a projectile pickup will go straight to the person with the bubble no matter the distance.

Saryn 1st ability – does damage over time which will take all health unless you're slow down to cancel the toxin, moving faster will accelerate the health drain.

Rhino 2nd ability -  can absorb damage done by an opponent 1 time.

Rare ultimate abilities;

Mirage 4th ability – can blind every opponent making there screen all white for 5 seconds and does damage taking 2 health bars.

Nekros 3rd ability – can give you double standing points throughout the duration of the race.

Octavia 4th ability – will give everyone uncontrollable acceleration speed for 10 seconds (double edged sword) and will play config a music for 20 seconds.

Harrow 4th ability – you will not be affected by opponents’ pickups or pickup buffs for the duration of the race.

Operator dash: whenever you boost you are able to stagger opponents for the duration of the race. stagger will last 1 second.

Ultra-rare pickup

This ability will give you the ability to move 2 space on the leaderbord e.g. 8th place to 6th place OR gives you 5 times the standing you get.

Bonuses;

If you go the first lap without taking damage or getting a negative effect by an opponent with a pickup, you will get 10% acceleration speed.

K-drive related rewards in conclave;

·        K-drive parts (for a visual change)

·        K-drive skin.

·        Warframe related k-drive skins (ash ninja k-drive skin)

·        Mod buffs for k-drives.

Hopefully this will be a thing since on a devstream they said they were developing something close to my idea. But seriously for the people that want to use the UM for pvp just let them for peaks sake.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

How about a compromise to the whole Conclave issue:

1) Make the standing rewards for main Conclave events higher and scaled by rank (100-400 for losing, 200-800 for Victory, Initiation and Mistral both earn same rewards), plus players can get a bonus 25 standing per successful player takedown.

2) Frame Fighter can count as Conclave, but will give 75% less standing than default and won't scale with rank (25 for losing, 50 for winning)

3) Any sparring room matches in the Dojos can also count as conclave, but at 25% less standing than default and won't scale with rank (75 for losing, 150 for winning)

4) Universal Medallions can count for Conclave, but at 50% capacity (+500 standing, instead of +1000) and requires Hurricane (Rank 4) or higher to spend them

This would allow for easier ways to get conclave standing and please both the PvP and PvE parties. Conclave standing will be easier to farm and the universal medallions can be used, but it requires some hard work in the conclave to actually start using the medallions there and yet those medallions would be less effective there. This is just a suggestion, but maybe it could be an acceptable compromise.

Edited by --Gear_Shifter_Eleven--
  • Like 1

Im all UP for trading UM for conclave standing i have no use for them anyway. Not like you going to gain tons of standing anyway, but atleast some standing would be nice...

And yes conclave is empty most of time. And i dont think PvPers will care that i traded like 10 UM per week... 😁

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Care to explain the difference between "crying about the medallions to prevent them from working in conclave" and "crying about the medallions not working in conclave"?

Why is this PvE community hypocrite enough to condemn one and justify the other refusing to se that both are exactly the same thing? Get over yourselves, grow up and move on.

Most people want the Syandana which only gets to its full potential in conclave(during gameplay completing missions ) 

and the sigils and skins are-B-A tier all don’t effect gameplay at all. I don’t understand why people care this much about the decision DE made. It’s nothing that people need and if so it’s optional. Lobby for a better PvP mode and experience instead of whining about the gamemode and vets n pvpers you don’t gotta harass someone over this decision. I’m against UMs being used on the cosmetics because it’s not like nobody has access to conclave. Everyone does. Nobodies lock out of or kept from this content. That again is purely cosmetic