The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem Mods will supposedly have 'charges' and will be consumed after a few uses. What is your opinion on that?

AnOldAlias

In this topic:

There has been a post-edit, mentioning(on the #4 area, Requiem Mods): "Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!"

Which, from what I am taking from that, means that Requiem mods will come with 'charges' and each kill of a Kuva Lich depletes the charge of all of the used requiem mods by 1 that were used to kill the Lich, until it reaches 0, to which they'll disappear.

What is the communities reaction to this?

It seems that their intent is to have more incentive to do the 'Kuva Relics' more often instead of just doing them, getting the mods, and not doing them anymore.

Do you think that's an appropriate thought process for making the Requiem mods 'consumable' charge-based, or not?

Personally, whilst I don't really care much for the idea of 'charge' based mods, and what it may bring later if they decide to advance on it, I think it's an interesting mechanic / incentive to continue doing the Kuva Relics.

Doesn't mean I still don't like it much, though, could've just made it so getting duplicates of the Requiem mod did something else, idk.

• Like 2

I'm responding to my own topic right after it's made to mention that, whilst we don't yet have access to this system, remember to not judge it TO hard until we try it for ourselves, as DE themselves said. Give your opinion, but don't flip out hardcore juuuust yet, lol.

There could be platinum to be had if the requiem mods can be traded for, or the relics at the very least. By making the requiem mods consumable, it ensures players will have reason to farm for relics and run T5 fissures since there's no primes to grind for. I can see why they're doing this.

• Like 4

Just now, Saravind said:

inb4 new mods drop from enemies with charges making us need to buy a certain booster... but will wait and see how the charges work

You do realise that Requiem mods are obtained from Relics, right?

I guess that depends on what "successfully banish" means. 

Are they talking you have actually killed/converted your "nemesis" once and for all so your mods tick down a notch OR are they talking you just had a successful encounter with you litche, didn't actually kill them for goodsies BUT because you had said encounter all your whoozle mods tick down a notch.

Cause I could live with them ticking down once it's dead dead but if it's every heccin time you look at your litche cross eyed, then that just sounds SUUUUUUPER tedious. 

Edit:

Also if they are going to be consumed either way, for the love of heccin god DE, DO NOT CALL THEM MODS, call them something else to differentiate them from Mods. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2

I think they do need to find ways to step away from one and done rewards such as our normal mods. I respect them for trying and we'll see how this pans out. If it's terrible, we'll let them know.

I'm however less excited about needing to play Kuva missions to get the T5 relics. I like to stay well away from the bottomless pit Kuva grinding is.

I'm fine with them having charges, as long as its a nice amount. 2-3 per would be annoying unless we rarely use the same mod. also, it would be nice if there was some way of "recharging" the mod instead of having to just replace it with a new mod when it runs out.

Depends on how difficult/grindy they are to acquire and how frequently we need to use them on Liches.

If they all drop from the same sources then getting a replacement for a specific one is going to be a pain, especially if you exhaust the one you needed the attempt before finding the correct combination.

Beyond that it doesn't seem like a big deal. More reasons to play/grind for those who want to use the system. Plus just like Nav Beacons in the past I expect people to complain about needing to grind for them and end up with a massive stockpile within a month or two.

• Like 1

Not sure I like the sound of it as of right now. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of actually having a use for duplicate stuff that one would generally see a disappointing junk once they had it, but with all the variables involved right now, I just don't like it. But right now, we have to struggle with a triple RNG roll to get it? Less than 1 in 3 chance to get a relic in most cases, hoping that we get the relic we are after for the mod we need, then hoping we actually get the mod out of that relic? Naw, that's too much RNG involved unless we can take down like 10 or 20 liches with each mod before it expires.

Personally, I think they should just give use the mods automatically and then make it require a "currency" that can come out of the relics in order to have it be functional. Get rid of the whole requiem mods dropping thing entirely.

• Like 1

From what I know of the Lich system, isn't it the case we have to venture through a few nodes on the planet the Lich is nearby so that we can kill their underlings and figure out the code?

If that's the case, I don't think this extra "refreshing" is really necessary. It's good to have Lich runs broken up some so that it's not just "rinse and repeat the same boss run", which is what the Zealot Prelate boss kind of did (even though you could stockpile keys). Breaking up the monotony is usually good. But that "breaking up the monotony" already comes around with figuring out the keyword.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem detrimental in any sense. I do think the concept could be used better elsewhere, and it's a little extra fluff-work, but nothing that I'd think would kill the system outright.

Edited by Tyreaus

I think it sounds like it's probably needed to make liches have a continued grind long-term, but also like having a continued grind long-term for the "new" thing being almost entirely regrinding old content rolled into this system will be tedious.

But I also don't think that's a problem inherently, so much as that being the gate to get a randomly selected weapon with a random element that may or may not have a random value range ON that element. You can find out what it is in advance, I guess! But it sounds like the only way to discard a "roll" that you don't want is to... get someone else in your clan to take it? Or possibly to convert them, if that doesn't take charges. If converting doesn't take charges, then I guess I'm fine with it! The mods having charges part, I mean, the potential three-tiered-RNG on the weapon itself I still dislike.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I dont mind personally. If it was a consumed charge for every attempt and youd have to keep cycling it out? Yeah thatd get annoying. But depending on how frequently and quickly you get to succesfully eliminate a lich, unless its like 3 or less charges i doubt itll be that bad.

So long as its not close to path of exiles league stones where you had to swap them out ever 3 zones you entered which was an absoute nightmare.

I hate it and it makes me want to not even bother with the Kuva Lich system. What’s the point of having them in the game if we’re going to be spending most of our time not engaging with them and instead grind more relics to mods that have a chance to drop from those relics. 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 4