Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Kuva Liches / Parazon / Kuva Weapons / Etc. Feedback

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

The Parazon 'mercy' finisher is a good start, but I think we can take this further. Aside from looking cool, there are no noticeable bonuses from doing it. At the moment, I'm better off nuking, killing it with a weapon, or using an ability to finish off the enemy.

What I think you guys can do is take a book from Doom's glory kill. Give us health regeneration that scales with our loadout and warframe every time we complete a finisher, quadruple the common loot that comes off of that enemy, or replenish our energy bar to full. Give us an incentive to watch the epic animation the team did, not just for the sake of 'looking-good'. A function should not just appear pretty, it should function splendidly!

there are parazon mods that do that, but they are rare drops from bosses, so we have to farm our butts off to get that mechanic, theres a health one, an energy one and an ammo one. but because triggering them is so unreliable I'd say that its not really a functional feature now

Having taken down one lich I can say I'm not looking forward to spending this much time and effort having to grind out requiem and mods the dozen or more times it'll take to acquire other Kuva weapons (or to convert Liches). Could requiem acquisition learning speed perhaps be sped up after a lich is defeated, perhaps? I understand you don't want to remove all the work involved in hunting down a lich, but I feel that a Requiem XP bonus based on liches vanquished or recruited would help in making hunting them feel like less of a daunting task, and give us players more motivation to pursue lich content.

First of all, good job on the update. I didn't play that much Warframe in the last two to four months than this weekend.

Now to the important part. The Lich system is the incarnation of grind. Play Kuva Siphon missions for the RANDOM relics -> open them to get a RANDOM reward -> grind till you catch'em all -> create your personal bff (with hopefully a weapon you want) -> grind on his minions to annoy him -> get killed to unlock more missions to grind more minions -> repeat until you get your 3 hints -> die again to get the right combination. If you get it right the first time, congratulations! You should play lottery. If not rinse and repeat the last two steps.

You get what I am saying, right? So, now how to solve it. Either lower the amount for the enrage meter of the lich and increase the rate of the deciphering for the hints, or create an "easy to get" mod that does practically the same.

The next problem lies within his enrage meter. The reset after every "failed" attempt is way to annoying. It should stay at 50% if you have all the "murmur", or whatever it is called, and not reset back to 0. I find myself grinding the meter back to full for every kill attempt, after I didn't died once while deciphering the hints.

Which leads to the last part, the try and error method. After all the grind for the perfect preparation, you stand before your so called arch enemy, your nemesis, your bully who steals your lunch money, just to throw yourself again and again into his face and pray to rngsus to find the right combinations of mods. If that is not what you would call an epic battle, I don't know what else. Just show them in the correct order or get rid of it entirely, just plug and play.

Thats it for the the current mechanics. Now, how about a look into the future? I can NOT see myself grind for all the different weapons, with the systems as it is. There just simply must be an easy way to get rid of your lich. First option: pay the queen a kuva tax to get rid of him. The second more fancy way would be, to kill him in the larva stage. Him/her/it/blob would be equipped with him/her/it/attackhelicopter not yet kuva weapon, so you would know if you need it, and give the player the option to either kill or ascend the maggot.

That concludes my feedback for this new piece of content. Tl;dr Good content, but in dire need of fine tuning in the grind department. 

• Like 1

Um ... so the lich system RNG is making me almost physically sick. This sort of stuff doesn't normally bother me but the whole thing feels rotten. 

I understand the precedent of RNG for RNG, as it is another roll for relics situation and I can except that (even if siphon alerts are limited). But basically the whole 3 card monty or die thing (as your lich murders you instantly if you get it wrong) just feels like gambling really strongly to me. The fights with the liches don't even feel that challenging for the most part. If you choose not to try to roll the lich's RNG he will hound you the entire mission, basically trying to force it (even if there is not a good tactical reason to try, like if you know your missing a requiem mod you need). Worse yet if your in a squad, they will have to deal with lich too if you choose not to roll. I have already been in a situation where my squad was demanding I kill myself attempting to roll my lich, even though I knew it would fail. Gathering up murmurs from thralls is all but impossible without being hounded by your lich as well. Compounding all other issues again, rather then being a viable side track.

I am only going to mention the pack on the market that has a complete set requiem mod. I have to question the ethics of allowing that with these other elements. Even if they aren't consumed without use, the pressure of not know if or which you will need. Then pushing that into a slowly rolling out essentially "card flip" of what requiem you require, ... honestly.

I understand this is modeled after the nemesis system in shadows of mordor. I really strongly recommend you go and look closely at it again. There were no RNG or ordered card puzzle elements like these. Information on bosses could be gathered without encountering them directly easily. Even if you ran into your boss, you could disengage fairly easily. Information on there location was an element to be found as well. You could use it to avoid activities where they might randomly pop in, but further your general goals or you could use it to confront them directly. Bosses could be overwhelmed with shear force, the information part was optional but improved your odds. It swung between stealth and direct combat elements to give the player a sense of personal approach. While encounters could be unplanned, the opposite was true. You could stalk your boss, stake out his location, methodically wait for him to be in a vulnerable position.

The lich system feels like it took all that, and replaced it with a 3 card monty and allot of instant death. This adds nothing to the game, its not challenging, its not fun. Its not a test my aiming, parkour, armory, gear, tactics, nor stealth skills to be hounded to roll, then killed instantly for a bad guess. That's not content.

I do really think warframe has all the elements present to make this work, but this implementation falls far short. The precedent to throw some of these hard gambling mechanics in bothers me. Rolling and card games aren't a substitute for aiming and parkour.

Edited by ravik75
spelling
  • Like 1

Ok, took a bit of time off the game and the fragging kuva syphons farming (because they keep NOT dropping the goddamned kuva relics) and took a better look at the system...

Oh man it sucks...

1) godawful grind for requiem mods and kuva relics drop still bugged! 68 kuva syphons and only dropped occasionally from kuva floods!

2) the pay to win package in the market - really leaves a bad taste and feels kind of a d**k move like: "we know this sucks soo much so pay up!"

3) kuva lich system segregation outside of regular starchart but impact on regular missions and even sortie drops

4) insultingly stupid kuva lich requiem investigation: kill an obscene number of special mobs for marginal progress - we have an entirerange of mission that could have worked for this! Spy vaults, sabotage missions to reduce lich territory, assasin squads to maul for information, capture targets... all of this feels very low effort

5a) Kuva liches seem to have very limited interaction with players apart from taunts and occasional invasions

5b) Kuva lich fights: if you fail the requiem combo you die like a moron - reeeeally heroic, involved and satisfiing NOT! Lich fights seem so far the only chances we actually have to interact with our own personal nemesis and just boil down to a bugged leech krill assassination? Boooring! (in grustag three voices)

Insta kill from npcs is a failure on the developer side, because you guys got out of ideas! the fight should serve to know the capabilities of our enemy and get hints in how to trounce it, not for you guys to stroke your ego in putting another invincible design failure in the game - you keep invalidating player's agency instead of working with and around it when designing challenges.

6) sustainability and rewards: urgh, this is probably were development failed worse, the grind is a slog, every kuva lich will need the exact same approach and the end reward is a massive RNG trolling on the level of Rivens.

OK the guys at Digital Extremes did try to give us content before Empyrean, they had to cram together:

- melee rework, with weapons rebalance, stance rework etc.

- vauban and ember rework - low grade effort but still better than leaving both in the sorry state they were

- parazon... still don't see the need apart from kuva lich system

- kuva lich system - clearly incomplete and rushed out of the door to give players something to grind until Empyrean and the New War

- graphics and lightning revision - this worked quite nicely for tilesets, but I'd like to know why metallic textures on Khora still look like low resolution crap?!

Too much on the studio plate? definitely yes and overall quality suffered for it! But they tryed! (I hope)

What could be improved?

Kuva liches need a ton of fixes to be worthwhile and repeateable content:

- Kuva lich "birth/ascent" is very "random": accidentally murder larwling while obliterating rooms worth of mooks and voilà instant nemesi... makes no sense

Kuva fortress laks content, why not make it the "birthplace" of liches? have them start as lieutenat, heavy units, eximus or other "special" standard mob in the fortress, in kuva related missions as part of the garrison protecting it from us, let us leave them broken and/or, "finish" them with the parazon for a kuva drop - then the queen restores them as kuva liches

Now they have a damn good reason to want us dead after what we did to them and,  because the queen expended resources on them, they have to pay that debt as well! what better way than stealing from us and generally inconveniencing us at every turn before coming in for the kill? Revenge is a dish best tasted cold after all!

Overall this would make much more sense lorewise and mechanicallywise

- Investigating kuva lich requiem: multiple ways to do so, all starting from fighting the nemesi at least once - no instadeath or idiocy like that - we drop them, they get up again and hunt us down during the mission, multiple times, until we leave, just a way to have him/her say "hello" and rub in our faceplates that now we can't get rid of them so easily and they will be back to finish the job!

The more interactions, the more hints, not all true - now we have to sort those out right? We HUNT for clues, spy vaults in the lich territory should offer new information or confirm/confute what we already have, obvioulsy our rummaging around will get our nemesi attention, and that of it's death squads as well. Also the more the lich fights us the more it gets to "know" us and gets bonuses to stats, more abilities stolen from our frame and the like, so we have to balance fishing for hints with empowering our enemy against us!

Capture missions, survivals, spy could all mutate during their course into one another like: while doing spy vaults we find  the last one purged and a thrall's got the info we need or a capture mission was a false lead that led us right into a surival or exterminate and we have to outlast the troops of the lich as they try to corner us and stop us from gaining intel.

Being defeated in intel missions should give the lich advantages against the frames we used, until simply trying to cheese things always in the same manner stops working.

We could pay resourches for info from allied syndacates, Maroo and Symaris, while hostile syndacates might be working against us sending death squads to harrass us while gathering information.

The nearer we get to the complete requiem, the worse the enemy harrasment and hazardous the traps, a perfect sequence or all thre mods unlocked should ramp up exponentially the chance that the lich comes challenging us or sends a lieutenant, some kind of miniboss to hinder us.

Info obtained could also be related to the organization of the lich, leading into:

- starmap grab and control: our dear nemesis has another thorn in the side beside us, he's on loaned time because now that he survived us, and got empowered, the queen expects so much more in return - this would generate frequent invasion missions and resources taxation on the starmap under the lich thrall.

Partecipating in invasions against the lich would prevent it from claiming nodes, partecipating on his side would give good chances at good intel on his requiem or the location of his base of operations, the location of his liutenants etc to hunt for information - thralls could appear in both cases for us to "interrogate" via murder, obvioulsy alerting the lich to our plans.

We could have missions dedicated to raiding the lich treasure ships or storage depots, bot for profit or pure vandalism! Sabotaging a ship for meltdown or vent it's atmosphere and survive until our allies emptied its berth?

- optional bossess: instead of creating one lich, the queen could empower and send after us a squad of them, with one commander, our actual assassination target, and multiple lieutenants with aspects of its capabilities and hints on its requiem - liberating a control zone from their influence and cornering them for assassination progresses our hunt for the nemesi by leaps and bounds but drastically ups the ante, with grineer forces systematically starting to hound us for termination!

Ok much more complex than what we got but implementable with existing assets and more engaging, at the same time we get back control in how to deal with our personal nemesi, and we could even decide to give rise to a group of them for added "fun"

Edited by Ikusias
minor errors editing

Getting all of the Kuva weapons will take a while, even if you have some stacks of Requiem mods. Some things to help alleviate that (aside from making them tradeable):

• Unsuccessful Mercy strike on the Lich should give progress to the next Requiem Murmur (around 5-10%)
  • If you had a successful Mercy strike with one of the Requiem mods before a Murmur is fully revealed, make that current Murmur revealed while retaining the progress of the current Murmur to the next.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about which weapon the Lich will appear with. 

Expectations: a developed system where you and your lich would hunt each other while doing different missions.

Example: go into a capture mission, capture the target just to realise it was a trap and his henchmen are now trying to kill you; him showing up in survival missions with the intention to sabotage your life support therefore trying to make you fail the mission in a genuine way etc;

After defeating him a couple of times he "decides" to find new allies and the next time you encounter him he'll have some corpus or sentient tech giving him new buffs or new allies. Similar thing with the infested and he becomes like old Alad V. 

Reality: The same missions you did in 2017 with the same exact enemies you faced back then. Rising enemy levels was the only good thing but it's nothing compared to the grind to see what mods you need, farm them and equipping them in the right order. Same old content nothing new here.

Kuva liches: why do we have to die if we stab him with the wrong mods equipped? that,to me, makes 0 sense. If they spawn in a mission, and we don' have the right parazon mods equipped, the only thing that can make them leave is us dying. To make it simple; I punch you, you run. And not: I punch you, I die. 

Why would we ever choose to actually convert any lich? They show at random places for 1 or 2 minutes, they do little to no damage (mine couldn't bring a lvl 55 bombard to half in a decent time) and if we choose to do so we don't get his weapon. Maybe let us use them in Framefighter or make an arena mode in our clans where we can make them fight other liches  . Or send them back to the Kuva fortress and boost our kuva gains. I get that we'll be able to recruit them on our railjack but, as of now, this mechanic is useless.

A couple more weapons or the chance to get some new cosmetics from them would have been nice. Having 7 recoloured weapons and 3 or 4 new can't be called good rewards.

After this Ima go cry in a corner alongside all melee frames that could've been changed with the new parazon system and melee 3.0. 

Edit: Scale down the damage of the grab attacks. Make it %hp maybe. I got oneshotted playing as a full hp with full vex armor ice Chroma with 385 strength. Same thing with Oberon with 1600 armor.

Edited by Khantico

After playing with it a little more, I have more feedback.

1. Murmurs definitely need to be sped up. I've never seen all three murmurs before solving the lich. Usually, I solve it before getting the 2nd one unlocked. 
2. If you already know a rune, the murmur should show a rune you don't know. It's just a complete waste of time if you already know Jahu and get Jahu, for example.
3. It's a lot of forma for the mastery. With 12 weapons, that's 60 forma to max. They should probably give 4 levels each instead. 

First off, thanks for all your hard work. It is appreciated and welcomed by all of us that love to take part in your product. As for the update itself, you, "as in everyone who had a hand in this update and its ideas" have a great update that could use some work. This update includes true life giving content that will excite and enrich your players, however there are a few misplaced judgements that were made in the update, and there are several people pointing those out all over the place, so I wont go into it considering I know you have read a lot of the feedback already, my point in this post is to say that with some work, this update could be golden. Please listen to your player base, give your thoughts on the feedback you are receiving, be honest and upfront with us on your decisions, and keep your heads up. I know criticism can be painful and sometimes make you loose heart, but keep in mind that we the players love your game, otherwise you wouldn't be getting any feedback at all.

What follows area couple helpful points I can give you, but I do not expect to be implemented exactly. Please follow your own hearts, but consider these points in a logical assessment on behalf of your business and your clients. (The players)

I as a player love the lich mechanic. It is an awesome addition by itself, but my request is that you bump up the uses for the requiem mods from three to five. Let us get a bit more use out of them to increase their longevity, or re-implement a retired mechanic from your old mod fusion system and allow us to fuse our "dead" requiem mods together to replenish their "charge" Example of dead mods, [once a requiem mod burns out all of its charges, it is useless, but remains in the players inventory. The player can then fuse other "dead" requiem mods to recharge the requiem mod they wish to use.]

Selling relic packs in the market as it stands looks like a "cash grab" effort on your part. There is nothing wrong with selling relic packs however. A solution to this appearing to be a loot box mechanic would be to add the relics to a game mode drop table in the kuva survival, or kuva disruption nodes found on the kuva fortress. This would give players an intensive to play these nodes to get what they want, or allow them the choice to purchase the relics from the market if they dont want to "grind". If you add this in the game, make it so that no lich can steal the relics from these locations to guarantee the player a means of defeating their own lich in a reasonable time frame. This kind of goes against the reasoning of a lich, but I feel it is a necessary sacrifice for the progression of the player as it will cut down the frustration levels they may be facing due to the lich stealing their hard earned resources.

To keep my post as short as possible, I will stop it here, but if you would like more advice, or ideas, your players are the best sources of information available. Use them, as they know your game better than you do in some cases. Thank you for your time, hard work, continued support, and dedication, and have a good week/weekend. Cheers.

I still need to use melee more to get a feel for it but overall it's been a fun experience.

What hasn't been so fun is the multi layered RNG grind to obtaining the CONSUMABLE mods for killling kuva liches. The worst part is that before the final RNG roll I also have to cope with the possibility of the lich stealing the very resource I needed in order to kill the lich. All of this is made EVEN WORSE by the fact you can almost immediately get a new lich.

What this system needs right now is some way to avoid getting a lich that's not just avoiding the spiked enemies when they spawn. Perhaps limit them to the non-endless kuva fortress missions or maybe make the liches manifest only if they were affected by warframe powers at one point before getting killed. Either of these could add a at least some pause between liches without having to constantly avoid the one spiked enemy in every high enough level mission.

I can stomach the grind for a lich, it could use some less RNG but I can take it. What I can't handle is having it forced upon me because I accidentally killed a marked enemy. This should have some opt-in system so we can have a break between liches.

I was super hyped for the new update where you guys DE bring us new content, but if you call this content you really need to stop developing games... 

This is literally opposite of content this is just a placeholder to give us to chew on until any "content" is realeased please reduce the grind on the S#&$ty Kuva liches because they are annoying AF, 3 murmurs should be good enough to give you a tip on how 2 kill the lich not 30k 

• Like 1

Okay, the teleport ability on liches and thralls needs ten times the cooldown it has now - I just had a fight with my lich that went like, find her in the crowd (not helped by her inexplicably having no name above her head when targeted!), shoot her ONCE, teleport. Find her (sometimes in another room, one time in an air vent lol), shoot her once, teleport again. I could scream, seriously. Every thrall is like this, too - the first thing they do on being seen is teleport, often miles away, you find them and they're off again. It's ridiculous, and makes everything take five times as long as it needs to, in an update that's already full of time sinks.

Did i just read that the requiem mods ARE 1 TIME USE? That after you kill your lich YOU HAVE TO FARM THEM AGAIN??????? Boy, talk about grind on grin on grind. Yall at DE rally really cant come up with something fun, or remotely challenging without 4 layers of RNG?

Parazon kills do not happen enough because everything dies too quickly.

I think a way to solve this would be enemies having a small chance (if they are within a few meters of a player) to survive lethal damage and go into a downed state, like the thralls. This way parazon kills can be pulled off more regularly, mods can be triggered more often, and the system is better worked into the combat loop.

I'm in Navigation and decide to change the Requiem Mods from the Lich Screen. It takes me ALL the Way to the Arsenal to do that and when I go back... I have to walk to navigation again.

Allow us to change the Mods from the Lich Screen, without having us being send to the Arsenal again and again.

Hello dear DE

First I want to thank you for that Update that is really really awesome. No more brainless farming or sleeping in the orbiter. Lot of things to do. I LUV IT !

But I want to talk about that epidemy of people who dont want to try to kill theyr lich when they spawn.
Because

- "It spawn more ennemy to farm requiem murmur"

- "I dont want my lich to rank up, I cant kill it"

Because of that we cant have our own lich to spawn and we have an immortal ennemy in our legs.

So please, if you can push the lich to follow and attack theyr target. Or left considering theyr target is a coward and rank up anyway.
Would be a lot more appreciated.

Thank you for the time you take to read me.
Have an happy week ! ^_^

Edited by AnuKaneDai

48 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

Did i just read that the requiem mods ARE 1 TIME USE? That after you kill your lich YOU HAVE TO FARM THEM AGAIN??????? Boy, talk about grind on grin on grind. Yall at DE rally really cant come up with something fun, or remotely challenging without 4 layers of RNG?

3 time use technically. But yes, they are eventually consumed and need replacing. Honestly would prefer to see them made permanent and maybe let duplicates be traded in to Palladino for murmur boosts or something? Would solve two things players don't like about this system.

Hi! I've been playing Warframe for a while now. When on thursday the 19th of december 2013 I launched the game the first time I knew I had something with great potential in my hands, and I'm glad I never stopped believing in this. After this much time I couldn't help but notice that, rather than releasing something so broken it has to be nerfed for the sake of fun, you usually ship content flawed from the start so that proper fixes can be made in a second moment after fedback, and making something that works fine in the long run is more manageable.

With that in mind, rather than being mad about the things I'll expand later on, I'm confident you're already reading through here and taking notes about what to do next monday when you start making big boy fixes. Alright, so here's my personal thoughts on the lich system.

1: Before the fight

It's been said many times already, one more won't hurt: farming requien relics and the mods isn't really fun at the moment. The regular kuva missions might still be bugged, but they definitely don't feel at all like having a 30% drop rate for relics. Floods happen once an hour and still net more relics compared to all the other missions together. This wouldn't even be that much of a problem if requiem mods were not limited in uses like this. I get you don't want people doing relics once and forgetting about them if you don't need riven pieces, but with the amount of times you will have to hunt liches for their weapons, 3 uses feels really tight. Make the mods unlimited in uses and rarer if needed, or boost amount of uses (5 or more?) and improve relic acquisition overall. Like, 50-70% on a normal kuva mission, as well as somewhere among the kuva disruption/survival/defense droptables. Another solution could be to make them rechargeable with kuva/focus points or something like that, whatever works the best.

Requiem murmurs feel like they're only here to artificially prolong the time it takes to kill the lich. Killing 50 thralls isn't a challenge, it's just a chore. Anything less than 50 is an improvement, but I would have personally made it so that the first and second mods take less to discover compared to the last one. I was thinking 10, 20 and 30 for a total of 60 thralls, unless you feel like taking a guess after the first ones.

On a positive note, I actually like the stealing rewards part! You make a lich on purpose and then come step in its territory, time to pay the idiot tax. Now you have an incentive to go deal with it as soon as possible. I would like it if thralls and the lich were not limited to the specific missions though. Do their missions to clear the node and have a much higher chance to get thralls and the lich to spawn, but still have a chance to find both in regular missions. It doesn't really feel like I'm in danger if I can mostly pretend it's not there.

2: During the fight

I don't know how it made it to the final release, but an instakill mechanic to punish one mistake is rarely a good idea, and when said mistake is "I tried a combination and RNG said NO" it's a very unfair design choice that doesn't fit at all with the rest of the game. I don't think the mod order should be this important, but if you want to keep it at least make it so that mods uncovered by the thrall farm are given in the right position right away. Obviously, also remove the instakill, that's just below invulnerability phases in "ways to make things look harder than what they are".

3: After the fight

I'm grateful that you can choose the damage buff with the frame you use to kill the larvling, I'm not grateful about the fact that the actual damage buff is random. I'm not counting too much on this part being changed, but I'll try anyway. Here's two neat ideas: make the bonus increase as the lich rank gets higher, like 5% every rank, so that there's a reason to face a stronger enemy, or make the bonus not a number and have it start at 0% when you get the weapon, rising up to 50% when the weapon has 5 forma in it. I don't really feel motivated to invest this many resources in a weapon if I get unlucky with a low bonus roll, and the hope of getting something strong *eventually* doesn't really make me feel like farming liches over and over again. If you don't want the buff potency to be this predictable at least please consider giving us some sort of control, such as a higher chance of a high bonus when the birthplace is a high level mission, or maybe have the specific weapon tied to a specific planet/mission/mission type. I don't know if the lich system was being developed with the intention of being the new endgame but being limited like that by simple RNG doesn't feel rewarding at all.

On a separate note, is it possible to have more clarity in-game about what happens when you convert a lich? It sounds like they have a random chance to spawn in any given mission to help you. but it's pretty vague. It also wouln't hurt to know if this chance rises the more liches you have, or the % is always the same but the pool of friends that can come over gets diluted the more you convert.

That's about it! Thank you for reading and thank you for your commitment and patience. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next fixes.

Just killed my first lich, absolutely liked the idea, and here are some of my thoughts.

1. I feel the number of murmur you need to obtain one requiem mod info is too many.

2. Should give players a choice wether the lich will steal or not. Maybe let them only steal in Thrall missions, or at least let them steal less in normal none thrall missions. And probably a good idea to limit what they can steal. I can Imagine the rage people will feel if some 0.1% rare mod got stolen and you have to go all the way to kill the lich to get it back. Another idea is make a special "Retrieve stolen goods" mission , so they can get them back without having to deal with the lich itself.

3. I´d like to see some dynamic interaction between the Lich´s army and the other factions. For example if a Lich take over Neptune, maybe when you enter a Thrall mission you see Corpus fighting them.

Edited by Horaciozhao