Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapon Rivens + Disposition Process Changes

[DE]Connor

You get a karak riven with +100 on it, you put it on a karak wraith and it turns to +70. You put it on kuva karak it actually only +40.

What are you even thinking? I 110% understand why this is being done. However that doesn't make me think it is any less stupid and will end up INSANELY convoluted in terms of comprehension and UI.

You'll see people running rubico instead of rubico prime for eidolons (this is how bad this idea is). This will switch the meta to base weapons and then those rivens will get nerfed. Then the noobies will get nothing but crap when they start their riven collection. You'll be furthering the divide between new players and veterans. This won't crash the riven market, this will make it worse with more people hunting the same rivens for basic weapons instead of searching for new ones. How about capping rivens and getting rid of the rng rolls on them and letting us toy with them to find our own niches instead of nerfing primes and other variants across the board and making it hell for anyone who likes a certain weapon that becomes popular out of nowhere b/c some meta boi made a video showing how broken it is?

Can we please remove the system of balancing weapons off of popularity?

This system makes average weapons suffer because people like to use them. This just leads to people not enjoying their favorite weapons when the bandwagon hops on and destroys their stats.

I retract my previous statement, and deliver this instead:

It seems like people have forgotten the original idea of Rivens in the first place: "Give new life to old weapons." I know I'll get endless flak from A******s and salt miners, but I really think this change is for the better. The system still has a ton of issues that are too deep-rooted now to fix, but this is a step in the right direction.

However, I agree with the criticism of others that this change could make mundane variants superior to primes, which doesn't fit the power curve of the game, and may result in big shifts in the market (which is volatile enough as is).

Edit: Also, saw this coming a mile away as soon as I saw my Kuva karak didn't have as strong a riven.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Greetings Tenno!

We hope you’re having fun Vanquishing Kuva Liches left and right on PC (update coming to consoles in the near future, stay tuned for updates!)

No, we are not. There is still no use for duplicates that have lower stats than the one you already have.
I got 4 Chakkhurrs and my first one was a 59% one, I cannot do anything with those duplicates.
All the current system (and your small duplicate bonus transfer update) does is being frustrating for players.
Every day I gather all my resolve to farm for 2-3h for a duplicate weapon I have no use for, just to get another useless duplicate in the end.
Honestly, this is easily the most frustrating and burnout inducing update in my 6 years of playing Warframe.

So when someone advertises a riven with X stats and the buyer puts it on their weapon only to find it has Y stats and pitches a fit will you come mediate the issue?

This is an absolutely horrible idea. It's slapping a new bandage on top of an old dirty bandage and hoping the infection will just go away.

Just suck it up and deal with the problem of the few "untouchable" rivens like the Kohm and not break everything else in the process. The riven market fully understands and deals with hyper tuned rivens on new primes and their decreasing dispo as it balances out and has more or less accepted that dispo changes are now regular again.

You want to completely upturn the system all over?

11 minutes ago, Totterson said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Which weapon would y'all use? [Pay no attention to the builds, pay attention to the differences]

Here's 4 mods for additional comparison

unknown.png

unknown.png

More tempted by the Kuva Drakgoon, I can amp that up to a good 100% status with sweet extra crits too.

As a Grandmaster that spent a lotta plat on a Lato riven, I'm very curious how the Founder items. Lato Prime, and Skana Prime will be tweaked. Both are my go to weapons since I got the riven, and for Skana Prime since Melee3.0 phase2.  Technically speaking these both will have 'low' usage relative to players seeing as only founders have them. So what is the stance on that?

I understand that it's time invested in the game, and it hurts when something we love gets nerfed, changed, or maybe feels unbalanced.  But some of the comments here aren't going to help anything to be quite honest.

All I'm asking is that we keep the feedback / thoughts respectful  (Pretty please with an OP melee riven and Prime Reach with a Maiming strike on top!)  There is no need to include sarcasm or bash one another over riven changes.  ❤️

Thanks in advance guys!

These changes aren't too bad, but the system would benefit way more in the long run if Dispositions were entirely removed and all weapons were sitting at around 1.1/1.2 disposition. If something is overpowered like the Rubico Prime, Tiberon Prime, Plague Kripath, Scoliac, etc, treat it like the Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, or Catchmoon. There is no reason for Riven mods to even be close to how a weapon is balanced, and the entire disposition system from day one has been hurting some player investments. This also works in reverse. If a weapon is bad, just buff it...

Interesting. This means I'll brace myself for my Mara Detron, Synoid Gammacor, Telos Boltor, Glaxion Vandal, and Imperator Vandal to take a hit when Ivara Prime drops, and then my Redeemer Prime, Galatine Prime and Venka Prime in March with Titania (Alongside my other melee weapons I'm expecting will take a hit).

Seems like DE has finally realized that they can't "prop up" old weapons via Rivens when they are being held back in disposition by their Prime variants.

4 hours ago, kpa732 said:

I retract my previous statement, and deliver this instead:

It seems like people have forgotten the original idea of Rivens in the first place: "Give new life to old weapons." I know I'll get endless flak from A******s and salt miners, but I really think this change is for the better. The system still has a ton of issues that are too deep-rooted now to fix, but this is a step in the right direction.

However, I agree with the criticism of others that this change could make mundane variants superior to primes, which doesn't fit the power curve of the game, and may result in big shifts in the market (which is volatile enough as is).

Edit: Also, saw this coming a mile away as soon as I saw my Kuva karak didn't have as strong a riven.

Indeed. That's this is DE getting closer to that.

4 hours ago, Akula_Rose said:

Scratch that mildly sarcastic response b/c this is such a BRILLIANT idea I don't know if you guys would understand that I'm being a snarky *@##$. This is a braindead, stupid idea. On the same level as impact flinging enemies around. You'll see people running rubico instead of rubico prime for eidolons (this is how bad this idea is). This will switch the meta to base weapons and then those rivens will get nerfed. Then the noobies will get nothing but crap when they start their riven collection. You'll be furthering the divide between new players and veterans. This won't crash the riven market, this will make it worse with more people hunting the same rivens for basic weapons instead of searching for new ones. How about capping rivens and getting rid of the rng rolls on them and letting us toy with them to find our own niches instead of nerfing primes and other variants across the board and making it hell for anyone who likes a certain weapon that becomes popular out of nowhere b/c some meta fkboi made a video showing how broken it is?

3 hours ago, Totterson said:

Which weapon would y'all use? [Pay no attention to the builds, pay attention to the differences]

Here's 4 mods for additional comparison

They said that they intend for the differences to not be so drastic, so expect disposition changes (Both nerfs and buffs) for all weapons so they can get closer.

The Kuva Drakgoon for example is using its intended disposition while the regular Drakgoon is using early October disposition, and depending on when DE decided to make the change, October's update may not have future-proofed disposition and all weapons with variants will need a revision.

Your regular Drakgoon could take a nerf, or the Kuva Drakgoon could take a buff, or both.

Same goes for Rubico vs. Rubico Prime.

Wait and see.

4 hours ago, Jigoogly said:

What are you even thinking? I 110% understand why this is being done. However that doesn't make me think it is any less stupid and will end up INSANELY convoluted in terms of comprehension and UI.

They have added compatible weapons including all variants to the Riven stats screen when rolling them. No reason why this can't be added to the Riven preview screen when linking them via chat.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

They have added compatible weapons including all variants to the Riven stats screen when rolling them. No reason why this can't be added to the Riven preview screen when linking them via chat.

The general community as is can barely pay attention to giant flashing lights and huge letters saying in very small and easy words what to do. I think seeing how many people flip over shelling out for a riven for their Kuva weapon on to get burned by the displayed stats is going to be a huge aspect of seeing how well this will go over.

Maybe instead of dynamic dispos the variants should be less about "I'm a strict upgrade" and maybe focus more on how the Opticor did a sidegrade? It would be a hell of a lot better for the dispo issues than the stunt with Gram to Gram Prime and having a 5/5 dispo on that monster of stats.

38 minutes ago, Totterson said:

Notice the crit potential differences. I would probably use the kuva drakgoon. With higher crit potential, as it is a crit/status hybrid, I believe modding properly (primed ravage, blunderbuss) the kuva drakgoon is still higher end.

1 hour ago, Totterson said:

So you guys will be able to ensure all of the newest equipment comes pre-nerfed on disposition. Great. It's exciting alright.

imo... we already had ENOUGH nerfs. stop touching the weapons mods etc. if prime weapons get lower riven stats etc then you take away our ways of killing mobs the most efficient way. if i was in charge, everyone who come up wich such ideas for more nerfs would be FIRED !

While the idea of this change seems very good, I feel like the actual implementation won't be. The difference between every variant of a weapon varies quite a bit from weapon to weapon, there will be at least a few situations where the "weaker" weapon is actually stronger because of a riven, which may cause more use of the weapon only for it to be nerfed, for people to move on to a variation of it (because it has less use) only for that to be nerfed and the normal one to be buffed and so on...

Of course, if DE can completely prevent this issue, this is a good change for rivens (even though I don't like the system at all.) Just make sure none of them end up in a endless cycle of nerf/buff to dispo.

I still don't understand why people bother with rivens. Riven RNG is completely wrong for this game.  It wouldn't be a problem if we as players had some way of locking a stat and in doing so it restricts it being traded.

Its disheartening to spend time rolling a riven only to have its disposition get changed because of a meta shift or just popularity. Or the fact you can roll 50+ times and never get a good roll and then see someone in trade chat with a "groll" on it being unveiled. 

The Riven sliver things, don't know what they are called since I'm on console and wont see them for awhile, would have been a perfect locking mechanic for rivens. But instead they allow you to get another slot machine riven. Having more rivens isn't what I want but I might be in the minority.

Archived