Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't like being forced to use the Siphon Trap

General_Durandal

4 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Once you get the hang of it, especially when they run in a straight line, you can scan each point rapidly. Progress is not immediately lost when your aim breaks so if you can keep wiggling you mouse around those points while tracking their center of mass, you will tag a few surprisingly fast. Funny enough, once you get used to it, you can even scan the points through those with invisibility.

Or you just map Kinetic Siphon Trap to a key that you can pretty much cast almost instantly after bringing out Synthesis Scanner upon meeting the target, because some of them can teleport or Riftwalk.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

"Do not damage it further hunter, I need you to perform synthesis on this creature. No noooo! Dead specimens are useless, have you heard nothing that I say?"

"Hunter... I REALLY hate your cat..."

I run 2 cats with my Khora build.  Just two space lions, #*!%ing up my synthesis target, with or without CC.  

Also, I forgot to mention to the OP, that siphons are cheap as hell.  Just buy a bunch of them, pull scanner, hit siphon, scan.  That's what I do because I AM too lazy to aim like someone else accused people of.  It's me.  I'm the lazy one.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I run 2 cats with my Khora build.  Just two space lions, #*!%ing up my synthesis target, with or without CC.  

Also, I forgot to mention to the OP, that siphons are cheap as hell.  Just buy a bunch of them, pull scanner, hit siphon, scan.  That's what I do because I AM too lazy to aim like someone else accused people of.  It's me.  I'm the lazy one.

Yeh they wouldn't stand a chance lol. Basically just a fun chew toy.

On the few occasions I EVER need to scan a target I just use Loki and they don't even move.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

i usually knock them down with melee slam and scan. But nowadays they die in a single slam attack. ;/ Removing all mods may help a little.

The worst part about them is how low their HP is. They often die before the game tells me it's the synth target.

Nezha's 3 can stagger spam it which is how I usually do the Rivens unless it's a take no damage one. His 4 works on them too.

33 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Or you just map Kinetic Siphon Trap to a key that you can pretty much cast almost instantly after bringing out Synthesis Scanner upon meeting the target, because some of them can teleport or Riftwalk.

The point is to not use the Siphon Traps. I've probably only used it once in my entire life. I used to use Frost with Ice Wave Impedance for a bit then Freeze but I eventually found it quite troubling when I'm not using Frost. So I just got used to tracking the target with my mouse with the scanner to save myself the trouble when I don't have a reliable ability to slow them down.

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Why can't Limbo just stasis them then scan them in the rift?

I thought this worked before. I remembered I can stasis them before scanning, and they do stop. They got out of the rift, yes, but the stasis still applied. Did something change in the last update?

Just now, RX-3DR said:

The point is to not use the Siphon Traps. I've probably only used it once in my entire life. I used to use Frost with Ice Wave Impedance for a bit then Freeze but I eventually found it quite troubling when I'm not using Frost. So I just got used to tracking the target with my mouse with the scanner to save myself the trouble when I don't have a reliable ability to slow them down.

Except there are two problems with that (we're ignoring Rivens with this, I have my methods to do it):

1. Possibility of you being stalled by your target for a moment (to a bit of a while) due to it using abilities to hard stop you from scanning its points
  2. Forgetting you're trying to clear the enemies around the synthesis target in the case that it's surrounded by its allies and accidentally kill it

I use Kinetic Siphon Traps so I can isolate the target and keep it from doing anything while I clear out the area so I can scan in relative peace afterwards. It's not like I'm breaking the bank or time to get them, since I have to go back to Simaris to turn in my scans anyway.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

They don't run if you're invisible.  Also, I know Khora's 2 works to CC them because my Venari straight murders them when I've tried to use it to CC them in the past.  So it works, but uh...  maybe don't use it.

Oof. *Gets flashbacks of the time I tried synthesis when running Wukong at the time. Never saw a synthesis target get one shot before then and now have an appreciation as to how powerful Celestial Twin  really is* 😱🤣

4 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Why doesn't X frame's CC power work?

Not sure why Frost is so underrated for synthesis target...

Max range and duration frost with 1 or 4 skill works perfectly for me.

2minutes per capture mission plus scanning without using any trap.

Frost's 4 also freeze the enemies nearby so I could scan the synthesis in peace.

On a side note, only the teleportation of target would affect frost's 4, but it's just displacement with the freeze still up. Other than that the target would always freeze at the same place no matter what, including invisibility caused by using decoy.

Also, if you are too slow to scan all spots in one freeze, just cast 4 again to reset the freeze time. 

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Don't really use it commonly, I believe there is also a riven condition where you have to do it without the trap. 

A face kick or slam that knocks them down is good enough, 

And these are special enemies, I assume they are in a permanent state of paranoia because they are so special and everyone is out to get them. 

Honestly, it's quite interesting to see all the different methods people come up with for this. I just scan them. No traps. No tricks. No knockdowns. No sleeps. Just.... scan them. Perhaps there's a delay for older hardware or poor internet connection that makes people have to come up with alternate means to scan targets?

If you're really bothered by using a kinetic trap just get Magus Lockdown.  That thing works on pretty much everything, including the scan targets.

Also IIRC don't scan targets only become ability immune after you scan a point?  I remember using Rhino or Ivara to stomp or sleep them and then scan them before it wore off.  After the first point was scanned though then they became immune.
So unless they changed that you can try that.

Also get yourself the fast scan widget.

18 hours ago, Toppien said:

i guess im the only one that uses them cuz they make it easier to scan them...

Nope, I usually need to use 2 per target because I'm slow and can't aim. 🙂 There are exceptions of course, some targets are easy to scan without them.

I don't enjoy playing the invisible frames, siphon traps are cheap and easy to use, so why not.

Just wish Helios would stop murdering the target when I forget to remove it's weapon; that's the change to Simaris scanning I want!

On 2019-11-24 at 9:12 PM, General_Durandal said:

Why are all Synthesis targets immune to all CC?

Why can't I CC them to make them stop running around in circles?

The only reason I can think of them running around so randomly,
is that they know you are trying to scan them,
and that doing so will technically kill them.

Why do they know i'm trying to scan them?

Why do they know it would turn them into data?

Why can't Limbo just stasis them then scan them in the rift?

Why can't Nova Prime slow them to make them easier to scan?

Why doesn't X frame's CC power work?

I can understand Atlas's Petrify getting in the way of scanning them,
since you coat them in stone,
but what about the others?

They're not that hard to scan even without them. Most scan targets, with the exception of Manics and such. I just go in with a scanner, and if you even have some sort of tracing skill, you can scan them no problem.