Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: is it worth the dev time to fix/polish?

IIDMOII

Il y a 8 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Oh yeah because they’re totally going to just stop working on this system after they literally just released.

Isn't it what they have done with almost everything else in the game until today ?

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

6 minutes ago, DeerioJim said:

this saddens me. I didnt start playing Warframe to have a guns of icarus style of game. if the railjacks had been the first thing DE had shown years ago I most likely would have never started to play the game. 

This is a game that decided one day to step beyond its instanced procedurally generated maps comfort zone and dabble in open worlds, added a hoverboard that you can do tricks on, already made one attempt at space combat before this one, and has a Guitar Hero-style rhythm minigame. I said it myself a while back; Warframe often feels more like a mad science experiment than a focused, polished experience. There were always going to be pros and cons to this approach.

If you came in expecting a game that just sticks religiously to its core gameplay, doesn't change, doesn't experiment and don't take risks, you're going to be disappointed. This might not be the game for you.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You might want to save time and pull your hair out right now, because that is EXACTLY what they are going to do

And then leave it behind, due to it's not "attracting enough attention" like most of the things they did and promised, remaber when they said the same about the open world on how massive and big it's gonna be?, how much cool content it's gonna have, that's gonna keep going on and on.

Locked Frames behind it, no one plays it, move onto next content.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Isn't it what they have done with almost everything else in the game until today ?

They've gone back to make additions and revisions to previous content (including the Open Worlds that everyone says they abandoned), it's just that this community seems to have the collective memory of a goldfish.

• Like 2

It's the equivalent of the e3 Halo 2 demo.

Everything they showed is >mechanically< present except liches are for now separate.

Is railjack ever going to be as dramatically awesome as that demo?  lol.

They didn't lie, but the truth isn't nearly as neato-keen as the demo presented itself as, and it won't be tomorrow either.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Railjacks supposed to be different.

But people still want it to be the same as everything those mechanics that were left alone for years.

I wonder if OP knows what he is asking, for DE to leave a gamemode unpolished and unfinished like others before it and jump on the next big thing and then we have people complain about this exact thing.

I think he does, he made one of those "change my mind" threads and didnt even stick around to see the results.

• Like 1

il y a 20 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Railjacks supposed to be different.

Because all the content until Railjack was supposed to be abandoned on purpose after release ?

@corvid, I think the player have a better memory than DE and that's why they are angry at them and the mountain of unfinished business they have from lunch to 2020.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Because all the content until Railjack was supposed to be abandoned on purpose after release ?

@corvid, I think the player have a better memory than DE and that's why they are angry at them and the mountain of unfinished business they have from lunch to 2020.

I know it’s ironic coming from me. But would it kill you to be a little optimistic?

Ummmm like what world do you live in?

they don’t have it finished and they show you a clip.... now tell me what something not done is?

Is it a full working game mode, or is it something to show an idea of a game mode?

think long and hard then never ask this again...... my god.

Edited by BDMblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Compaired to what was showed of Railjack and the Lichers, and what we got.  Did DE pull an Anthem and fake their live demo?     Why is it all so different?

We don't know, things could have been cut, things could have been faked, going by how things were breaking during the demo and the advertised anxiety the testers had going up to the demo I want to believe it was authentic and things got axed later but we genuinely can't say one way or the other without input from the people in de who knew what was going on behind the scenes whether behind the scenes was real or not.  

They spent more than 2 years anouncing and developing Railjack as their next milestone. Empyrean is a 3 step update, which we have 2 of right now.

They better polish this system until the last tiny scratch is gone. And they will.

Railjack offers a base for much larger updates and completely new ideas, that merge the core gameplay into something bigger. When RJ is finally done and bug-free, they could quite easily add new content on a much larger scale. Huge spacefights with several Railjacks and dozens of enemy motherships, planetary & orbital missions that require teams to work together etc.

It could all start with a simple rescue mission of a special POI, which seamlessly transfers into a space rescue and then a much larger sabotage mission, that again transfers from space gameplay to stationary core gameplay on enemy motherships - etc.etc.

This will take some time, for sure. But wasn´t this the big picture they already revealed 2 years ago?

Yes. What we got is not what was shown in the Tennocon 2018 and 2019 demo.

There is no Power Alocation System.

There is no turrets handing out of the ship's extremities.

There is no lower textures ship.

There is no going out of the Valis to Space. (yet)

There is no Ordis commanding the ship.

There is no many separate beams to hit a single target.

There is no enable/disable guns, shields, engines and powers with an energy slot system with limited slots.

There is no Lich in the RJ missions (yet)

In conclusion: Nothing was changed since the demos. They likely lied and it was all fake. Because things changing from demos shown to full build is impossible.

Even God of War 4 lied. See the graphics when they showed it at E3? It looks nothing like the one of the full game. The demo had lower quality graphics than the full game. And it didnt have Atreus playing with toys. No BOI playing with TOIS! Santa Monica is also a faker.

1 minute ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

As long as both Lich and RJ not finished, that demo is fake as hell, and I say it is the Anthem level of fake.

It's a good thing you could try the game for free, see that it is fake and not have lost a single dollar...

It depends entirely on what they mean by it being the future of Warframe.

As it stands it’s still an entirely firewalled game mode. There’s no reason to return to it once you have the three big rewards:  Pennant, Quellor, Shedu—all of which you can trade for (and get taxied to the questlet, where applicable).

If it remains firewalled - its own star chart, own matchmaking, own levels, rewards that are only internally relevant, etc - then there’s no real point fixing it because once you’re done, you return to normal Warframe play.

If they’re serious about it being the future, then it’s a different ballgame.

This is the thing: Railjack is something you can finish, right now. To be a Big Deal, they gotta make it feel like there’s always some other stuff to do.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

The Anthem "demo" was a cutscene, literally. There was 0 gameplay in that, all of it was rendered in some video engine. The game "Anthem" didn't even exist until after that E3 showcase.

The Tennocon demo was gameplay. It was a single mission, with one specific situation but everything was hand placed, setup and scripted. The enemies did not fly a random AI path, they flew the exact path they were told to do by the designers, using the game's engine. All events that happened at Tennocon were all completely known and practiced by the people who played, it was more like a performance with actors.

Basically, no Tennocon wasn't fake. It was just performed following a script. Rebecca pressed buttons and things happened because she pressed those buttons, it was not a pre-rendered cutscene.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

They have a decent foundation to build on with railjack. Though I'm concerned if it's worth it.

While I had fun for about a week, the novelty has worn off and I'm starting to question the amount of work involved fine tuning and adding on to it. I would hate to see the core game be ignored for this.

I'm just not sure the railjack loop is exciting enough to sustain itself long term. I'm already tired of it and have gone back to the core game. It's repetative, exhausting, unbalanced and ultimately unrewarding. That micromanagement loop can't compete with the ground game, no way. 

The amount of fixes, changes and total reworks necessary to make railjack not suck 6 months from now is staggering. I'm not convinced it's worth it when there are so many other issues. 

My biggest concern though, is that DE is stubborn about it because it's their baby and force railjack all year long by locking stuff behind it.

Core game is fine, not sure what needs to be taken care of there apart from some frame and weapon reworks.

Railjack is a great success, finally something to do in game other than running in mazes...

Since I basically started playing  the game because I saw the railjack demos... Yes, of course.

There is an audience for a "ship crew" game mode, and DE is on a very right path with it, closer than anyone have been so far to getting it right. What we have right now is very bare bones and very buggy, but it's not fundamentally flawed, at least not in any way I saw other similar games to be. It can and I'm sure with some more dev effort it will be something space games crowd idly mused about for decades, finally working.

Hopefully they will fix it.

Most of Rj's problems come from the bugs and dropchances. And sometimes I hear some ppl talking about balance issues whatever that means.

I'm completely fine with Rj as is and I think it just needs this bit of polishing. 

The other stuff they talked about, like connecting it to other game modes is important and whatnot but don't forget that Rj will come out in phases and we are in the 2nd phase I think. And the later updates should bring more maps and enemies (and I guess weapons).