Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: is it worth the dev time to fix/polish?

IIDMOII

1 hour ago, yarl5000 said:

I think the plan is for railjack to slowly become the main game play loop.  They said they want it to be the connective tissue for the game and for it to be more important.

Then they absolutely must do something about those bullet sponge enemies. If that is the intended experience for everything going forward, then I am very worried about the future of this game.

Don't know how it is going to work out. I look at little thing that get in the way of the experience as they slowly needle away at you and become annoying.

Take the auto scrap mechanic for example, so now you have to do a few missions.. go back to your clan and very slowly sort things out to avoid missing out on equipment and jump back into the game. This is dumb, it makes the overall experience annoying.

A lot of people probably don't have a railjack and jumping into a random game can be very hit or miss because a lot of railjacks that are ill equipped and often times to no fault of the player because how upgrades are handled are handled very very badly in this mode, you're rewarded for waiting until you gain access to III equipment.

Can they fix above which is just the beginning of it? Sure. In the end, do people really care that they do? Who was asking for archwing 2.0? 

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays
  • Like 1

I can see more fixing than Polishing, especially with Bugs like Unsealable Hole Ruptures, Portals in the Anomaly that don’t make you float to the other side of the Map, Shedu jamming, Railjack being default after Host Migration, and playing Public in Railjack from Orbiter while having Friends/Invite only active. I know about the amount of balance passes this Game mode needs (especially with the current Anomaly time gate and Reactors in the Game) but the Bugs is the real experience killer because without them, Railjack would be nice to play in everyday with less frustration.

Yes because, as was discussed by Steve, what we have now is the tutorial level of Railjack. I just finished Saturn and love every bit of what I'm playing. Playing solo, just looking at the Grineer's attack methods, the powerful but resource limited Railjack abilities, how the railjack's speed and maneuverability plays a strong tactical role, how different the weaopns behave, the flexibility that comes with upgrades, the absolutely insane audio, the realistic view of the planets and the scaling changes to the troops all make for a really nice initial offering.

- Each planet has space combat potential.

- Each Corpus corporation has a say in the battles. Nef Anyo's demo is still a thing.

- Derelicts and abandoned space stations could use some clean-up...and I still have issues with Arlo.

The taste of the lich system can still expand to different Grineer factions now.

- The sentients and other yet discovered people.

I think DE should go as far as they can imagine. The community will do what it does but, this year, I really hope DE just block out everyone for a few months and silently gives us what they're imagining. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Can they, though? I'm skeptical. The indoor maps in railjack are smaller, with fixed layouts and a smaller number and variety of enemies than standard missions

I thought that too. Cept sentient ships are random generated layouts... 

I found it so odd to have static layouts on the galleons and objectives (except the missile base? It has barely random generated layouts)

Edited by Skaleek

37 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I thought that too. Cept sentient ships are random generated layouts... 

I found it so odd to have static layouts on the galleons and objectives (except the missile base? It has barely random generated layouts)

Oh yeah, that's true, that one is randomized. But still quite small and with very few enemies by WF standards. I suspect the static layouts may have been done to rush the update out. "We can't get random generation to work properly in this, so f*ck it, just kludge in a bunch of static maps for now, we'll fix it later." I still think whether or not they will in fact be able to fix it later is a big question mark.

And I also still think the big ship was a misstep. Flying around in a fast and agile archwing, rather than piloting a lumbering gunship, is what I imagine a space ninja would do. But I guess hyping Archwing 2: Electric Booga We Finally Made It Playable After Five Years would've been difficult, they needed An Exciting New Thing to show off.

Edited by SordidDreams

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

And I also still think the big ship was a misstep. Flying around in a fast and agile archwing, rather than piloting a lumbering gunship, is what I imagine a space ninja would do. But I guess hyping Archwing 2: Electric Booga We Finally Made It Playable After Five Years would've been difficult, they needed An Exciting New Thing to show off

I've got a super pimped out RJ now, I let my pubs use it. I should really remove my void hole because it's constantly draining my resources to refill my Flux. I spend all my time in AW because I like that style of play. Interceptor is fun. I feel somewhat confined and clunky in a RJ, even though with drifting my speed is ridiculous. 

Dunno. I think you're right about space ninja AW. It probably doesn't help that my cyngas is broken and outdps's top % vidar guns though. Bracing for that nerf.

21 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

with drifting my speed is ridiculous

Did you know the Winged series of avionics affects not only nearby archwings as per the description but the railjack as well? With Conic Nozzle, whatever the boost speed one is called, and Winged Cyclone, you can easily reach ludicrous speed and go to plaid.

• Like 1

I am more interested in playing Railjack than the regular content. I brought a friend who only came back to Warframe for Railjack (doesnt play anything else).

If they suddenly decide to abandon or remove it, I will be extremely dissapointed. Because yes, I can forgive the bugs and balancing issues for it now, but this thing needs at least a month of concentrated bug fixing and rebalancing, and if on the next devstream they say "ok, Empyrean is mostly alright, let's move on to New War and Duviri", I will change my opinion of DE for the worst big time.

Honestly, I want more polish and content here. I don't want another horde mode mission like disruption was (even though I think disruption is a cool mission), I don't want another empty open world with reputation grinds. I had hopes for the Lich system, but it seems my view and the developers' view on what a nemesis system should actually be are drastically different, so I am not looking forward to corpus and infested RNG gun farms with extra loops either.

But my own spaceship, space combat with separate balance (that actually allows them to make sort of challenging missions)? This interests me, and it's not something offered on the market elsewhere (there are space sims, but they lack other aspects of Warframe such as amazing non-ship combat).

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

They already stated multiple times before any tennocon that what's shown on stage are handmade demo with scripted triggers. They are a lot of placeholder too. That said, the answer to this post is : No it's not FAKE because it's not said that's it's what you'll exactly get in game --> that's the exact reason why it's called dev demo

• Like 2

I don't think it was so much "fake" as a "made for purpose" build; something just stable enough to demo live, but not enough to release to general public.

Plus, Steve did mention in a Devstream that they hit a big of snag during development and had to throw a large chunk of what they had out, such as the power management mechanic.

Anthem's 2017 reveal was staged from the ground up; they didn't even have a game at the time. BioWare devs were literally going; "oh, so that's what we're making." I don't think the Tennocon 2019 demo was that.

10 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

We only got 2/3 of the whole Empyrean

The mode Is not complete

2/3 of phase 1. Empyrean is something ongoing that DE look like they will be doubling down on throughout the year, probably beyond.

Edited by KnossosTNC

9 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

I think the plan is for railjack to slowly become the main game play loop.  They said they want it to be the connective tissue for the game and for it to be more important.

9 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

All indications are that DE are planning to double down on Empyrean for 2020. It's not so much that it's "their baby" as "what Warframe was originally meant to be." They pretty much admitted it in the last Devstream.

So yeah, I don't think this is a relevant question.

this saddens me. I didnt start playing Warframe to have a guns of icarus style of game. if the railjacks had been the first thing DE had shown years ago I most likely would have never started to play the game. 

• Like 2