Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

17 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

"Despite its name, Primed Chamber is not related to Primed Mods, and was in fact added in the game long before the first Primed Mods." - Warframe Wiki

There is no mod named "Chamber", so the "Primed Chamber" isn't a primed version of any mod.

In this case "Primed Chamber" means "Prepared Chamber".

Yeah that's more or less what I said earlier in the thread.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years...The mod just lost all of its collection value and interest in 30 seconds.

Good.

If you spent enough platinum to buy a car IRL on a mod DE said would be coming back, based on the assumption that it would never come back, you are a fool. Tearing off this bandaid was a long time coming and I have nothing but mad respect for DE for finally ceasing to be intimidated by the threat of a few dozen angry whales.

• Like 5

Just now, --C--Nehra said:

Imagine being dedicated to a single mod! 😂🤣

I'm dedicated to becoming a better artist, a better concept designer, and a better storyteller. That's pretty weak, though!

Being dedicated to a primed chamber! That's the stuff! Am I right or am I right? /s

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please tell me both of you are intentionally skewing what I wrote. You can be dedicated to anything in this game, and that should always be cool in the eyes of yourself (not always others but that's ok). I am talking about the dedication to this mod specifically. Dedication in general is a different topic with a plethora of examples. 

Perhaps I did take that out of context, but it seemed to be a strange thing to say given the rest of your post.

The thing is, I'm fine with things in the game being exclusive badges of honor. For instance the Invati Sekhara that was handed out to anyone who beat one of the Trials before they were removed. That's special and should never be handed out again.

You know the difference between that Emblem and Primed Chamber? It is account specific and  can neither be traded nor sold.

If you pursued PC as a long term goal, grinded things to sell for Plat and finally worked your way towards it, good job. You earned it. You set out to achieve a goal and you succeeded. But just because others are given the same item for a comparable pittance doesn't invalidate the work you put in. It doesn't cheapen your accomplishment, it just means they don't get to experience it for themselves.

However, if you actually spent $4500 on Plat to buy it outright? I consult the wisdom of one Harry Dresden:

“And from the perspective of those in need, that extra quarter of a million bucks your material person spent on the prestige addition for his house looks like an awful lot of lifesaving food and medicine that could have existed if the jerk with the big house in the suburbs hadn't blown it all to artificially inflate his sociogeographic ***.”

• Like 2

I would have much rather have another Operation where only 100 players on each platform could have this.

sure, let's also make the operation last for only a few days and you have to be in the top 10 on global clan leaderboards for a chance to own it, what could possibly go wrong?

oh, and also anyone who owns it gets 1000 platinum for free, that sounds like a totally fair event /s

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, theFGMK said:

Honestly, I'd love to have it. But there is no way I will farm the missing 2k ducats before Baro leaves again. So I am not even trying.

Now's a good time, People are DUMPING radiant relics into every endless fissure mission.  I got 3 golds and my choice of silvers out of the last run, and the Ducanator over on Warframe.market was really helpful for picking out which of my prime junk i could part with easiest.  I don't think any of the things i sold have a market value of more than 10 plat.

I would have much rather have another Operation where only 100 players on each platform could have this.

I suppose they just realized making a completely limited mod like that was a mistake, and this is the solution for the problem.

I mean. It would've been cool if they had introduced it as an earned reward instead of costing ducats, which I think is @Voltage's point ultimately. I am happy to see it return though as its price did get out of hand.

My phone does not let me @ properly.

Edited by Skaleek