Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP magus lockdown

(NSW)Katsuro

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

...because DE think one update at a time, and typically do not plan ahead for how their various systems will work together two or three mainline updates down the road?

It wasn't even useful at launch! I believe this was made when PoE and focus 2.0 came out (which IIRC is what made void a full damage type). It was a Grineer focused update, and thus 99% of the non Sentient enemies innately took half damage on top of armour scaling.

Didn't read the thread, but came to say this absolutely deserved the nerf.

I used this every run during my long arby excavs, spamming 5 of them on a single enemy took like 1 seccond and with the right setup you have pretty much infinite energy as the operator.

Giving it 60% of the enemies total as damage was one of the worst decisions ever, of course this is going to be OP, it circumvents all HP scaling systems (back when 4xCP was still a thing).

The new version still sounds worth using though, disabling enemies is a good ability to slot on your kiddo.

• Like 4

Glad it's getting a nerf.

I've been using Magus Lockdown from the moment I could buy it, initially to help me lock down demolists, but later on (when I unbound my zenurik energy nodes for operator) to spam dash dealing massive damage to everything around me without using any weapon or amp. It's silly how much damage it does.

I'm glad it's getting a nerf, this arcane currently does everything you need (survivability and damage) and makes any other choice inferior.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

seriously huge and unwarranted nerf imo

If you didn't see a Lockdown nerf coming from lightyears away, you might have a pretty poor understanding of how the game is balanced. If one thing shuts off all difficulty and plays the game on behalf of the player, expect a change to it.

Lockdown will still be fine, and still perhaps the most popular Magus Arcane. It'll still lock down groups of enemies, now it just won't lock down the whole map and also nuke them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Not just removal of damage, you also can only use it twice without it 'releasing' the first one you cast....

While I wouldn't say rip, it's a seriously huge and unwarranted nerf imo.

I wouldnt say its unwarranted. With Magus Cloud i can literally button mash an entire room and lock it down. The endless spam potential is pretty intense.

6 hours ago, Amoral_Support said:

I wouldnt say its unwarranted. With Magus Cloud i can literally button mash an entire room and lock it down. The endless spam potential is pretty intense.

But that's not technically down to just lockdown, that's DE not thinking about how things synergise (lack of them playing the game being an issue once again) and it still doesn't warrant removal of damage AND a restriction on how often it can be used.  One or the other would be fine but both....

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

If you didn't see a Lockdown nerf coming from lightyears away, you might have a pretty poor understanding of how the game is balanced. If one thing shuts off all difficulty and plays the game on behalf of the player, expect a change to it.

Lockdown will still be fine, and still perhaps the most popular Magus Arcane. It'll still lock down groups of enemies, now it just won't lock down the whole map and also nuke them.

Edited by LSG501

Instead of nerfing everything that is fun to use and powerful why can't you make other alternatives for players to use? I think the lockdown nerf is unwarranted. Nobody even uses it to "clean out waves of enemies in ESO". It just shows the developers don't play their own game and just look at stats. I'm disappointed. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GOOBER__LORD said:

Instead of nerfing everything that is fun to use and powerful why can't you make other alternatives for players to use? I think the lockdown nerf is unwarranted. Nobody even uses it to "clean out waves of enemies in ESO". It just shows the developers don't play their own game and just look at stats. I'm disappointed. 

That's the reason they gave but, it's not the real reason, slowing down the progression of scarlet spear and eidolon hunts ( oh yes eidolons) is their focus here, it's a shame that all of that progress to get magus arcanes from Fortuna means less and less, it's a shame when a company believes that we are stupid and that they are just too cool for school ,i say this considering they aren't interested in all criticism.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GOOBER__LORD said:

Except that would be terrible. Magus lockdown is extremely OP. Being able to completely stop enemies and do scaling damage without limitations is way too much. Now if we had even more arcanes like Lockdown we wouldn't even have to play the game. Just pop into operator and use the extremely OP arcanes to do the job.

We are already powerful enough, we don't need even more overpowered arcanes and mods.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Not just removal of damage, you also can only use it twice without it 'releasing' the first one you cast....

While I wouldn't say rip, it's a seriously huge and unwarranted nerf imo.

That's on a rank 0 archane. Rank 5 gives 10 mines, it's literally stated on the same line.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

That's the reason they gave but, it's not the real reason, slowing down the progression of scarlet spear and eidolon hunts ( oh yes eidolons) is their focus here, it's a shame that all of that progress to get magus arcanes from Fortuna means less and less, it's a shame when a company believes that we are stupid and that they are just too cool for school ,i say this considering they aren't interested in all criticism.

Wait, what? How this change can "slowdown" eidolon hunts or scarlet spear? 

Edited by xHeretic