The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no one plays Octavia despite being very strong?

-Vahagn-

4 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

EQ bards were annoying. Useful occasionally, but annoying. NPC bards were KoS. Just sayin'...

My animus to them goes back to AD&D (second edition). We had one friend that insisted on playing a bard and it simply drove everyone else up the wall. It sounded good in theory, but in practice was just a damned nuisance. 

I don't file Octavia in that particular mental drawer, but I can see where some might find her maybe too close for comfort. 

I didn't care to much for EQ bards as they always seemed to find where I was trying to hide while I was resting and train the entire zone's worth of mobs over me.

I will freely admit however that If I had made a bard I probably would have enjoyed doing the same.

Ever hear of Fansy The Famous Bard?

Look it up sometime its a giggle to read if you have some time to waste.

Edited by Aesthier

Nah, ic too much of Octavia in almost every mission, and if u don't check the players' loadout, u'll find out if the bgm are changed... .

And, tbh, her default skin looks really expensive. 1 new player asks me whether i applied any additional accessories, or costume pack in terms of other games,

While i have nothing else to wear but the default and re-coloring... . 😂

Octavia is one of my main Warframes to use especially when playing with others. More than likely the reason most people dont play her is they simply don't know how to play her efficiently or effectively. The missions to obtain her seemed no less or more grindy than that of other frames (to me).  Allies often don't realize there is a separate feature to mute her if you dont want to hear the songs. (Audio> Ally Mandachord Volume in PC). There's also style. You can actually completely ignore the stealth buff if you wish and instead play "the bait" which is excellent in defense and survival missions.

Edited by tvirus5087

6 hours ago, Aesthier said:

^ This makes me suspect that you played EQ at one point.

Oh god this! Twisting 3 songs and 4 if you were really good for hours on end. Pulling creatures, mezzing adds, twisting in haste, and other stuff as needed. Even the mass kiting stuff. Playing a bard was never boring but it was painful after a while. Also if you were a good bard you could not chat with your friends in game since voice chat was not a thing yet.

14 hours ago, Syrethyst said:

Just waiting for her prime version 😄 one day~

On 2020-03-30 at 9:43 AM, Sloan441 said:

I'm waiting with bated breath for Octavia Prime,

You won't have too wait long, we are only two primes away from Octavia Prime.

So:

- Nezha Prime (Summer 2020)

- Inaros Prime (Fall 2020)

- Octavia Prime (Winter 2020)

12 hours ago, Aesthier said:

This makes me suspect that you played EQ at one point.

Never played EQ, how bad were bards in that game?

Edited by WH1735S0W

12 hours ago, tvirus5087 said:

Octavia is one of my main Warframes to use especially when playing with others. More than likely the reason most people dont play her is they simply don't know how to play her efficiently or effectively. The missions to obtain her seemed no less or more grindy than that of other frames (to me).  Allies often don't realize there is a separate feature to mute her if you dont want to hear the songs. (Audio> Ally Mandachord Volume in PC). There's also style. You can actually completely ignore the stealth buff if you wish and instead play "the bait" which is excellent in defense and survival missions.

What's "the bait" playstyle?

On 2020-03-29 at 11:02 PM, WH1735S0W said:

I am not saying Octavia is bad or an awful Warframe, in fact she is quite the opposite. 

Octavia is generally considered to be one of the strongest Warframes in the game. As well as arguably being one of the best support Warframes too.

In addition to that, she also has other aspects that make her great:

- Her signature weapons are very solid guns. Thus you can use them on Octavia without being underpowered as well as still granting the bonuses.

- She can be played anywhere and still do great.

- Her base design is just pure eye candy.

- Her mandachord makes her one of the most unique and creative Warframes in the game.

However despite all these reasons I almost never see a player using Octavia. I believe I only see an Octavia player once a month or non at all. 

From what I understand I hear it is mostly from these reasons:

- Very hard to acquire, requires puzzle solving, RNG, and a quest.

- While very pleasing to the eye people don't like her marching band look. Nor do they like her fairy-like deluxe skin, or her Hatsune Miku Tennogen skin. 

- The mandachord does require plat investment to get the perfect song.

- While I find her a lot of fun, many people do consider her very boring to play.

Those are the reason I can think of. Let me know if you have some others, I am pretty much unable to find a solid answer.

She falls into the same category as Harrow. Very good, but need constant management. Lots of ppl don't like to micromanage the frame like they need.

• Like 2

I can't ever seem to time my movements to get anything of hers to work. (I also hated Legend of Dragoon).

I certainly didn't see her as a boring frame.

Won't ever likely use her regularly... but I never put a reactor in her, waiting for Prime to really mod her out and give her another chance.

10 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Never played EQ, how bad were bards in that game?

A good bard could be quite an asset. A bad bard was worse than useless. 

Sounds a bit like Limbo, no? 

They were a very busy class to play. Some enjoyed it, most did not. The class attracted certain types of player. Again, some were an asset, some were inclined to bad behavior (there was a fair degree of this in EQ). The training of mobs onto unsuspecting players was one such example of bad behavior (full disclosure: I played a shadowknight, which also had a certain reputation in the game--it's also why this sort of thing didn't really bother me, since the SK had several 'get out of jail free' cards to play if griefed). 

• Like 1

Octavia is one of my more played frames. I use her quite a bit. However the recent bug/nerf has made me play her less. I really hope it's just a bug and not a nerf. She was one of the Primes I was really waiting on but she is nearly unusable now that the damage no longer scales with hits if you use both Mallet and Resonator. If they leave it as is I may not even bother with her Prime.

On 2020-03-31 at 12:57 PM, CR0ME said:

I don't like her visual design(same reason why I don t play Nezha).

I have turned of sounds in game that annoy me, that include max efficient octavia songs.

Are you me?

Exactly why I don't run either of those 2 frames, and I disabled Octavia songs as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today i played Octavia after not playing her for a long time and i remembered why i rarely play her. She’s more of a “ look at your timers and wait until the level cap” type of Frame, a good way to make 8 Hours of a Survival feel casual. I mainly play Garuda so i prefer scaling Warframes with Synergy for the Squad and the Player while being fun to play but Octavia, even with all the Buffs she got, don’t need a Squad. She can scale like if she got a Squad on her own since she refuse to falloff until you reached the level cap or you ran out of Patiences. 

• Like 1

She's great, but she falls flat on a few points. The biggest gripe is that most of her spells are static or not really following you efficiently, hence 1, 2 and 4 are useless in capture/rescue/extermination missions for example, leaving only the Metronome to be used.

Also I don't like the counter-intuitive usage of her 1 and 2. I almost never use the Resonator as it prevents enemies to shoot at the Mallet, so you're losing damage. And if you wait the Mallet to be charged before using the Resonator, as they have approximately the same duration, then your "next Mallet" will be useless until the Resonator fades, as you can't de-cast the ability.

She's a great Warframe but has niche usage in my opinion. What I don't get is people saying she's ugly, I really, really love her Maestria skin.

Spoiler

Warframe0118.jpg

Edited by Chewarette

When a nuke is too efficient and OP, it actually become super boring. I mean this is how you play her... keep an eye on her count down for each ability then just re-tap the ability before it reaches 0. The abilities scale infinitely just by re-tapping the ability.  Now that is the lamest way to play any game with the movement system like warframe and aiming gliding with weapon. Octavia's abilities don't integrate the movement system.

• Like 1

Truth is...

Micromanagement of abilities is exhausting.

Need enemies to be alive and attacking. If you play with any nuke frame or cc frame, like most players use, on your team Octavia is not dealing any damage with abilities.

Tired of hearing the music, tired of "dancing" (crouching and stuff) for the bonuses.

I like Octavia. Just don't like using her. 

• Like 3