Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave creds now useless

Waterzzz

So apparently Nightwave season ended and unused creds are now useless.

According to some, all you needed to do is follow the news and dev stream, where it's apparently been mentioned that u'd need to spend them.
Now i do look at the news at times, but haven't seen any warning there about it. And a lot of people don't look at the news at all, which is rather understandable with the amount of completely irrelevant news (to some of us). I.e. Twitch prime commercials, contests, tennocon events...

I do really think it's horrible you have no chance for us to spend it and get our much needed nitain extract. It's now a "pay"-wall stopping us from getting many of the warframes and weapons we want.

This is truly pissing me off, and don't be surprised if this pisses some people off enough to make them quit.

• Like 2

It would be cool if there was a trader that allowed you to spend left over event currency and buy stuff you missed. We did have 6 months to spend NW creds though. Pretty sure you're not going to find much sympathy on the forums. 

• Like 5

They will be made sellable normally at best, end of story, i am done debatting about this, Nightwave isa poor execution and shoudl jsut stay as a regular syndicat at best to buy stuff and keep alerts alongside it and raise the frequency of them

Everyone happy except the greedy money givers wanting to see numbers of players login in and paly with this battlepass.

• Like 1

All you need to follow is the news console in-game which has had the notification since the end date was announced. Shame for anyone who missed it but this intermission did run for six months and there was a two week warning for last minute spending.

• Like 1

hace 34 minutos, Waterzzz dijo:

According to some, all you needed to do is follow the news and dev stream, where it's apparently been mentioned that u'd need to spend them.
Now i do look at the news at times, but haven't seen any warning there about it. And a lot of people don't look at the news at all, which is rather understandable with the amount of completely irrelevant news (to some of us). I.e. Twitch prime commercials, contests, tennocon events...

I do really think it's horrible you have no chance for us to spend it and get our much needed nitain extract. It's now a "pay"-wall stopping us from getting many of the warframes and weapons we want.

This is truly pissing me off, and don't be surprised if this pisses some people off enough to make them quit.

So what do you suggest ? that NM send a person to your house to warn you ? ... maybe they whink you know how to read . The forum , the game , the streams .... all had warnings .... if you leave in a bubble its not NMs fault .

People let trivial things in games tick them off all the time - that's on the player, IME.

IME, if something like this makes a player stop playing, then they were already looking for a reason.

It's not news, it's not a suprise, it's not anything out of the ordinary - some gamers allow trivial things to impact thier enjoyoment of a game.

I will always advocate not playing a game that is no longer fun, so if it's not fun, I hope players that quit over this find a game they like.

OP, I understand why you're pissed, nobody likes seeing their hard earned resources go to waste. But there honestly isn't any reason for this rant. The news console is there to notify players of changes like this. Sure, not all news will interest you, but if you decide to not look at it, you shouldn't be surprised about some happenings catching you by surprise.

• Like 3

[DE] did tell you it was ending soon.
I'm just upset that we have an 'Intermission' for the Intermission which doesn't make much sense since it defeats the purpose of the Intermission.

EDIT:
(NightWave) -> (Secondary Intermission) -> (Primary Intermission) -> (Secondary Intermission) -> (Nightwave)  

Edited by Raqiya
  • Like 2

You are complaining because you didn't spent creds in time before the nightwave ending: 

They announced the date two weeks in advance on: 
-Website

-Ingame

-App notification

-Every single third part website

-Every fan warframe discord server

-Official warframe discord server

-In forum

-Steam.

Are you * serious?

Edited by Uan91
  • Like 7

It's basic knowledge for Nightwave since before Nightwave even replaced Alerts. Use your seasonal credits before the event ends because they do not carry over, they get deleted. It's as basic knowledge as press F to pay respects.

11 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

You are complaining because you didn't spent creds in time before the nightwave ending: 

-Website

-Ingame

-App notification

-In forum

-Steam.

Are you * serious?

They need confirmations popups because they reflexes don't allow them to read properly.

1 hour ago, Waterzzz said:

You dont need to "follow" anything, you cant miss Warframes news update as its right beside where you pick your missions in the orbiter. I honestly havent seen another MMO that puts its news/updates in clearer view. Its like someone saying they're angry they missed a 50% Off sale in a local shop, even though the local shop advertised the sale on TV, because nobody told them to turn their head to the right and look directly at said tv. Sorry pal but theres many many games hiding things behind "Paywall's", but this isn't even close.

• Like 3

Yikes, so you're pissed because you or others weren't paying attention to DE, well not just DE but it says in the nightwave ui "ending in # days or weeks". They put in in the nighwave ui when it ends, they also announced it to end in their stream's and said to use our creds since its ending. It was even in WF website, people in region was talking about it too.

58 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

-Website

-Ingame

-App notification

-In forum

-Steam.

Are you * serious?

Really, the only place they need to put it is in the only place they never put it: Nightwave console, front and center. New players have a high risk of never seeing any of those (legitimate) locations in your list. Same complaints from new people last round, too. It is a trend that can be corrected.

Edited by Wearbe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wearbe said:

It is a trend that can be corrected.

You cannot 'correct' peoples lack of attention to detail, IME, just google things like 'juggling clown on a busy street corner'.

Some people wil simply never notice or read what they ar presented, full-stop.

No software company in the world can create software to fix that, unless it's some new thing we can pump directly into the cortex, IMO.

It would great if the Nightwave countdown didn't say "Refreshes in x days y hours" as it got closer to Sunday as if a new week's challenges would be starting just like normal.   Also, it would only help DE if they'd send out an in game email the final week and final weekend of Nightwave.  And, for gawd's sakes, kept the NW store open until the next season started.

Every season, people get caught by this--and it's largely new and returning players.  You know,  the people who actually need the NW rewards the most and that DE most needs to hold on to.  

Yes, there will always be some who miss the ending of NW no matter how well broadcasted it is.  But DE could cut down on that number considerably if they chose to, without intruding on the rest of us at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Isn't there some warning in the credit's description about either spend it or keep it?

Yep

5 minutes ago, Wearbe said:

Really, the only place they need to put it is in the only place they never put it: Nightwave console, front and center. New players have a high risk of never seeing any of those (legitimate) locations in your list. Same complaints from new people last round, too. It is a trend that can be corrected.

there's a #&@&* flashing blue text on your ship to your right everytime you login. does it need to be accompanied a tornado siren and a npc to notice?  I went to double check and the news console is literally in your view when you login and the flashing text doesn't go away till you walk up to it and interact with it.  Saying you have "no warning" is bs

• Like 3