Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Update 27.5.0

[DE]Rebecca

I personally dislike nightwave since it's being used so that players do things DE implemented, like visiting dojos, mechanics in railjack,....

What's next? Oh look no one is using the ingame chat to communicate, well, better add that to the nightave list of tasks.

The game is sandbox, players pick on what they want to do, when you constantly redirect the fun to something they don't want to do atm it becomes annoying, week after week. It also creates the problem of having to create something new, with new resources to gather, over and over, because you force players to grind existing content and resources.

I prefered the old alert system instead of this grind and i will keep playing nightwave, i just find the entire system unapealing

My sugestion:
Since PVP used that task mechanic and failed, my sugestion is to do something that isn't related to it and instead some sort of EXP that you get in ANY mission, similar to sindicate reputation based on exp gathered in missions, or focus, you can even make it a mission reward, the higher the difficulty or the time required, the more it is given.
If a mission takes 5 times longer than a normal exterminate, then that mission gives 5x more experience towards nightwave, this means we can hop into warframe, play and be rewarded for playing, instead of constantly negleting our clanmates or newbies because we aren't interested in helping them, we are interested in doing nightwave, like killing a lich.

I understand it irks the developers players not playing the content they made, but please, that won't attract players or make us enjoy warframe, it's just a task that will be repeated sometime in the future, over and over.

If i have a dojo, why am i wasting loading screens just to load in a random dojo, it's a simple task, but it's not fun, it takes away the pleasure of playing warframe

I sugest a Nightwave 2.0 to be considered in the near future.

31 минуту назад, FunYourself сказал:

Funny how many players thank DE for the update with the new Nightwave which is not yet available (only information that it will be soon) :)

Sometimes I think they are just bots lol.

10 минут назад, TrilliumStarbreeze сказал:

Why people complain about Exploiter? You don't need anything to fight it. Neither archgun, nor Fortuna rep, nothing. As long as 1 person in the group has thermia, you're good to go.

Exactly because of this? Btw I've read all the thread and saw only a single complaining reply about Exploiter. Mine is 2nd.

This "challenge" is just absurd and makes neither any logic nor sense being "weekly". It doesn't fit into "weekly" statement. Because to complete it you should farm Thermia probably weeks before this "challenge" pops up. Or it could appear on week 1 but you have no Thermia and no fractures currently. So you skip it and then get it recovered in next weeks. So what's the point of it being "weekly"?

Liches and RJ challenges are another topic. I agree with almost every reply about it here, for asking to remove it.

1 minute ago, Mephane said:

I get the gist of the new Nightwave challenges - play the new content - but could they be a bit less intrusive? Kill a crewship with the artillery - with random groups you cannot reliably achieve this - the pilot might never fly in a way to let you to it, others may blow up crewship reactors from the inside before you get the chance, etc. Many other of these challenges have a similar potential to be extremely frustrating with random groups.

You can, you know... TALK to them. Also most groups kill crewships with artillery these days (to my endless frustration, I like boarding action).

2 hours ago, -Damocles- said:

Thanks, but was looking for more... sustainable content and fixes

1 hour ago, ShiruBiru said:

NO ASH REWORK, wtf DE. The frame is totaly dead rn

How to say something without meaning anything

5 minutes ago, TrilliumStarbreeze said:

Yes, and? Ideally, player shouldn't be even forced to alt-tab and open the forums in situation like this.

2PM some random american time zone... still had to google what it means for European time zones.

so now you're informed.  you should put that on a post-it and keep it on your keyboard for future reference. 

(random American time)  lol. 

Lot of salty players out there, oh well you'll never make them all happy. 😉

Guess my Clan mates will have to tag along on my fully pimped Railjack.

Lich's, hmm I need a new weapon to upgrade some of the ones I neglected.

Thanks DE for the new stuff, it looks interesting so far, time will tell how it works out. 🙂  

my thought on NW dailies the ones i didn't like.

AILY

• Deep Impact: Suspend 5 or more enemies in the air at once with a Heavy Slam Melee Attack?great now i need to do a super high level mission or unequip mods 
    • Friendly Fire: While piloting a hijacked Crewship, destroy 3 enemy Fighters . i dont want to play RJ also i dont know how its after the buff but their guns were bad
    • Child at Heart: Play a game of Frame Fighter, Happy Zephyr, or Wyrmius. how do you go play this mades again?
    • Hush: Kill a Kuva Thrall. pls no more liches i killed to many way to many I want to be done with them until they get new weapons
    • Reclaimed: Clear a personal Kuva Lich Influenced Node. same as above

WEEKLY

• Explorer: Complete 3 Railjack Missions. dont want to play RJ make it 1 at least
    • Forward Thinking: Destroy a crewship with Forward Artillery. So not only do i need to play RJ low ranks in intrinsic's players  can't do it sound more like a elite weekly to me.
    • Flawless: Clear a Railjack Boarding Party without your Warframe taking damage.really more RJ
    • Confiscated: Hijack a Crewship from the enemy. and even more RJ
    • Heavy Ordnance: Kill 500 enemies with an Arch Gun. 500 500. at least i can do it while on the ground(hopefully)

ELITE WEEKLY

• Choose Wisely: Kill or Convert a Kuva Lich. so a 2-5 hour activity for 7000 points way to much effort?
    • Elite Explorer: Complete 8 Railjack Missions. no more rj please
    • Speedster: Finish a Capture mission in less than 90 seconds. This sound next to impossible for new players without mods.

were is the weekly kill a thumper? or do a spy mission in operator mode?

Can we please get an option to "delay" any recovered challenge (catch-up from earlier weeks) when there are still more candidates you might have skipped earlier in the queue?

As it is now, if you are trying to catch up and the system pulls out some challenges you really do not want to do or even can not do, these few block the whole catch-up mechanic indefinitely. Well... until you somehow manage to do one or find someone to help you...

3 minutes ago, Necrowakker said:

so now you're informed.  you should put that on a post-it and keep it on your keyboard for future reference. 

(random American time)  lol. 

Yes, only after someone told me to come read patch notes, because honestly, knowing DE, Nightwave button missing being a bug was way more likely than a bizarre decision to delay the actual Nightwave access for some reason - I guess because delaying things brings devs pleasure.

DE, you must love the salt. Because including Liches, RJ and the mini games in the new season of NW are guaranteed to get you a mountain of it. And it's surprising to me in a way, this was the update that was going to prove that DE can still release polished content that people want to play, then they do this. Interesting.

Personally I'll skip all the lich missions, I've got all the weapons and have the ones I like at high elemental chance and I have no desire to engage with it again unless and until it's vastly improved or new weapons come out.

The RJ missions can probably be done on the lowest level Earth Proxima missions, which is so easy now anyone with even a starter level RJ shouldn't have too much trouble with. I may do them although I don't really enjoy RJ that much, but at least it's less annoying now.

I've never played the mini games and have no intention of starting now.

DE swings for the fences, they have the power and the distance, but it's curving foul. Will side of the pole will it pass on?

Just now, Drichi said:

"Hey guys, we know that some of you HATE railjack, so we compromised and made it mandatory"

Geez, thanks DE :_(

Also "We know everyone and their cousin are sick and tired of Kuva Liches and already got all the weapons they want, but do some more because reasons!"

1 hour ago, S.Faiz said:

Considering DE's track record..I bet you are right

I skipped all those challenges that annoyed me in series 2 and intermission 2 and still got loads of time to spare.

On another issue Killing a Lich in a week for "weekend warriors" is a tall ask @[DE]Steve.

Archived