Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You too stop playing for a while?

Pertev

Anyone else stop playing Warframe for a while. I am at a pause now for about 2 months, playing currently mostly Fortnite again, but my intention to start again slowly come back.

This is my 4th Warframe play pause since early 2014 and reason were boredom, interests to another game and bad computer once, while the last reason got eliminated by acquisition of a new PC since January 2020.

So. Did you also stopped play Warframe for while? When and why?

Yeah I've stopped playing many times and come back when big updates arrived, only to leave again shortly after completing the new content. I think the PvE gets pretty boring because once you have maxed mods it's basically just a win-simulator. Another problem is clans are basically useless beyond having access to research labs and drydock, since 0% of the PvE game requires any coordination with your team or clan. Generally, coordination with teams in games is how I've made friends, and that's helped keep the game alive for much longer. In Warframe every public mission is basically just total silence while everyone competes to see who can get to extraction first.

About 2 years ago I tried conclave, and noticed people there actually talked in the chat! I've since made loads of friends there and haven't stopped playing warframe since. I still play the PvE stuff when new updates come out, but I understand that the friendliness of conclave play is the reason I'm really sticking around.

• Like 2

I did stopped playing for a year or so, the reason is:

1. I ran out of RL friends to play with. 1 died, 1 have kids now, 1 migrated to MHW. Clan semi-dead with me managing everything.

2. It was sheer repetition day by day. Login - do sortie - clear syndicate standing while doing fissure for parts and/or forma bp - log out

• Like 1

I typically play a few hrs a day. I have most everything. So typically I'm running my sortie and then formaing something.

Little by little I'm finishing maxing my primed mods then min/maxing and formaing things.

I also have a few more lich ephemeras to farm.

But if I'm not ip for warframe. I have other pc and console games i can play. The internet has countless things to watch and listen to.

I have three pcv figures I'm working on.

I also build gundam/mecha models. I even do custom gundam kitbashes. 6 are done. Another 4 plus are in the works.

Yard work is needed at times.  Sometimes meditation and music is nice to.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 2

I pause alot of games I play. Some times for long period and just do logins for games like guild wars 2 where it can be years between play times.To many games installed to be able to put 4+ hours a day in them. So you just have to rotate.

Lately I have just been logging in to tinker with builds or do nightwave, but since nightwave is basically finished, until another part of the puzzle opens. I haven't been doing a lot. I'm getting too old. I can't sit and play for 3 plus hours to reach fun content. I miss old railjack it was at least fun solo, but now I risk falling asleep it's so easy.

10 hours ago, Pertev said:

Anyone else stop playing Warframe for a while. I am at a pause now for about 2 months, playing currently mostly Fortnite again, but my intention to start again slowly come back.

This is my 4th Warframe play pause since early 2014 and reason were boredom, interests to another game and bad computer once, while the last reason got eliminated by acquisition of a new PC since January 2020.

I dipped my toe into FF14 for about a month, been going through FF7R, got into Destiny 2 and am enjoying it quite a lot, and only play Warframe for the daily's and Nightwave stuff lately. 

I have a Lich I can work my way up to killing but I'm not interested. Also, Railjack is not interesting enough for me either. 

I miss the frame specific story missions I enjoyed when I first started playing Warframe. 

Also, when weapons and frames get nerfed, I lose interest in leveling stuff over and over again. 

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250

Even now i don't play it as much as i used to.

I log in every week or two weeks, do some Nightwave chores, run some Sorties or Arbitrations so that i have credits for Forma crafting, maybe do a few fissures and that's it.

Every time i think about doing some Index farming, giving Railjack another try since release or farming something else, the Nightchore farm instantly turns me down to the point i just want to quit and do something else.

I play for a few months at a time and come back when something new and exciting gets released.
I mostly stop playing because I hate the current trading system, having to use trade chat (Flashbacks to pre-grandexchange runescape, my worst nightmare) or warframe.market and having to sit at the ready for someone to text you, and miss the text because you didn't sit at the pc or where tabbed out. And don't tell me people will wait for you to respond for more than 2 min, because they don't, and then you have to keep waiting..
I would probably play more if they introduced some kind of trading hub that wasn't maroo's bazaar.
I wouldn't mind having to pay some kind of resource to post and item for trade, i just want to not have to sit ready at all times just to get some plat to get some fun vaulted gun or frame.

Sorry for the long nagging post. 😅

12 hours ago, Pertev said:

Haven't taken a break from Warframe yet, but that's very common especially in online gaming. I've taken breaks from several MMO games over the years, notably with WoW. Stuff can become stale or boring after too much repetition, so perfectly healthy to step away for awhile. Absence makes the heart grow fonder :P

I'm currently on break because the last update was a frickin disappointment and there's nothing interesting to do.

So I got Destiny 2 a few days ago + DLCs. Burned through the legacy campaigns and DLC campaigns, somewhere around power level 900-something.

Yesterday I bought SnowRunner, so I'm playing that now.

In a few weeks I'll be turning 21, so, assuming my mom gets a little generous with the cash, I'll get a flightstick for Elite: Dangerous and maybe download DCS World.

Now if it wasn't for the constant delays I'd be playing Cyberpunk 2077.

Warframe just has nothing to offer for me right now.

12 hours ago, Pertev said:

I had two breaks before. One was half a year and the other 4 months while I was working at a resort.

Taking breaks is healthy. You lose track of new things added and so when you come back you feel fresh, there's a lot to do that is not a list of "this, this and that and I'm done". Plus you get to miss just how good Warframe premium economy is and how freaking accessible character customization really is. By taking time away from Warframe you truly get to appreciate just how much DE appreciates you as a person and a customer.

In the past 7 months since I started playing I stopped playing for 3 months. It is exhausting to do full time uni, part time work, and be a club vice-president and simultaneously larp staff at the same time so I had to take a break from playing.

Once that quarter ended I jumped right back into playing and have barely missed a day. 

Edited by Draconicdisciple