Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since when/why is Warframes community so egoistic/lazy/ 0 team oriented

WaifuJanna

• People join arbitration and leave wave 5 or ragequit if they die... even if we can easy revive them....
    • the worse thing is they dont even communicate why they leave... they just leave....
  • people leave any defence mission wave 10
    • 4 years ago people went minimum wave 20 and even communicated with the team and they usualy stay until mobs are hardert
  • people leave relict survivals after 5 or 10 minutes
    • 4 years ago people went minimum 30 minutes and communciated too
  • people leave index after one round
    • dont people realise makeing 1 round and go in again is Worse then just makeing 2 or 3 rounds... guess people like paying the tax over and over again lol..

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Shodian:

This isn't lazy, this is free will. If someone only feels like doing five minutes or ten waves that's on them. 

Use the recruiting chat if you want to find someone to go longer.

its not free will. its active sabotageing/griefing other players game experience... i have to wait for next arbitration now. cause some lazy people ragequit/leave without a word. even if we did great in the mission...

Alot of it comes down to how the group works. I leave arbitrations early if the group doesnt work, I'm not going to carry people that have gone in with 100% pointless picks. I tend to quit out though so I can restart after leaving.

Beyond wave 10 in defense is mostly pointless, especially if you have boosters, if someone has boosters it is smart to not waste them for the sake of making others happy, the other did in the end not pay for those boosters, no matter if they were bought with plat, ducats or rewarded as login.

Relic survivals I leave if people run around like headless chickens to the point it becomes a chore to gather reactants.

Regarding Index, last I checked you get the tax back upon a successful run, so it doesnt cost more to leave and join over and over.

8 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

its not free will. its active sabotageing/griefing other players game experience... i have to wait for next arbitration now. cause some lazy people ragequit/leave without a word. even if we did great in the mission...

Spoiler

1*UhiuYsswBeBC-mfjahHY4w.gif

Ok, complaining about public matchmaking players to leave at wave 5 or whatever is not their fault. You had high expectations for them and tehy failed to meet them so you just ended up disappointed. As people said if you want long runs you need to go recruit. Expecting people from public matchmaking to stay for as much as you want them to is like going on public transport and complaining there is too many people or no seats left, you just cant expect things to go the way you want them to. Opposed to this example is if you get people and rent a car then you are organized, same in a warframe mission where the team is organized and knows what its doing

I can understand your frustration. But there is nothing to be done.

A couple of years ago, the communication in squads was amazing, but now I can't even ask a Wisp to kindly not put a shock mote on Hydron, without the Wisp player getting emotional.

I can't remember when was the last time I ran survival, mainly because there is literally zero communication and people run around and there's just chaos everywhere.

I don't even bother using the recruitment tab because either I am too lazy to start hand picking players who want to run the same mission, or they just want to run some a radshare of a 10 hour run survival.

But like people said, it's just free will, I can't force someone to stay an extra 10 waves or prevent them from using unnecessary abilities. 

I've grown tired of always asking people to communicate or "heed" my request regarding a specific warframe ability. If things go south, I simply quit the mission, because I just know there will be arguments. 

As someone who is truly lazy, I am offended that these minor actions are regarded as lazy.

Want to know how I farmed Mesa Prime? I spend hours reading webcomic, used my debit card to get plat, and bought her from warframe market. Didn't even log into the game except to trade and then spent my time playing around in Captura.

I am hippokrene, and thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

16 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:
  • People join arbitration and leave wave 5 or ragequit if they die... even if we can easy revive them....
    • the worse thing is they dont even communicate why they leave... they just leave....
    • 4 years ago people went minimum wave 20 and even communicated with the team and they usualy stay until mobs are hardert
    • dont people realise makeing 1 round and go in again is Worse then just makeing 2 or 3 rounds... guess people like paying the tax over and over again lol..

My advice is, "Dont get to hung up about it, it wont do you any good and others wont care."

And besides, DE seems to focus on making frames same old same old, so they work best alone rather then with sticky teammates.

Like Grendal should have atleast some synergy with Gauss the way the promoted them, yet Gauss has nothing in common with Grendal.

Atleast made them each have 1 ability that worked great when activated together so people with 1 of the 2  frames in 1 squad would have a purpose to work together.

The point im trying to make is, DE does everything to make Warframe less co-op and more, if i dont get most kills im outta here!! And it reflects on how people play.

24 минуты назад, WaifuJanna сказал:

play solo, just like all of us - skilled, old, high MR players. or are you not good enough?

23 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

In my experience, many who leave after dying are experimenting with a build and it didn't perform, so no need to stay. Or they're embarrassed and don't want to be a burden and leave.

Normally players leave at 5-10, rarely have I seen players stay beyond that. And expecting them to do so, is forcing them to play the way you want to. Projecting your expectations on someone, then they not meeting up to it. Isn't laziness or sabotaging, its you being egotistical. Which is ironic, since you mention that in your title.

For index, I normally do solo, not everyone wants to stay for more than a round.

If you want to stay for longer than the 'new norm' as you may wish to call it, then use recruitment chat. Otherwise, prepare to be disappointed.

18 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

Your playing random public , anything can happen , no ones here to listen to anyone .

37 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

its not free will. its active sabotageing/griefing other players game experience...

Or not.

Staying in for more than 10 minutes or 10 rounds is boring by now and it doesn't really do anything for you (usually).

Btw maybe talk with your team instead of expecting them to magically know what you want. And if they don't want to do what you want, well you are no one. They don't have to please you.

I say just look forward to the infrequent players who actually do want to continue past wave 5-10 and add them to your friends list. 

When I was leveling or whatever, I usually didn't need more that 10 waves but if anyone ever asked to stay longer I'd be glad to stick around. Theres probably a lot of players who are of the same mind. 

The average amount of time it takes the average player to complete most missions has dropped dramatically since parkour 2.0. Even with coptering, players used to complete exerminates in 5-6 minutes (your average player anyway). But with how many effective aoe guns and unrestricted access to high movement speeds these kinds of missions basically turned into 2-3 minute sprints. By comparison mission types like defense and interception feel a lot longer, despite taking the same amount of time to complete since 2013 since they aren't easily sped up. So anyone who joined around the time of, or after the introduction of parkour 2.0 naturally have a different perspective on how long a mission should last (2-4 minutes) since most other modes dont restrict how quickly they can be done.

20 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

You can call it griefing, but it almost never is.  Generally it's just using a mechanic for its obvious purpose: leaving when one wants to do so.  You want to blame somebody for that existing? Blame DE.  You want to try to get it changed? Come up with a proposal and put it in feedback.

As far as losing out on the Arbitration goes, if I'm not prepared to solo it, I'm not doing the arbi in the first place.

The things you listed are excusable because not everyone plays on the same level. Some people have boosters and staying more waves is a waste of time. In endless fissures people could have hit void traces cap or simply didn't like the pace the run was going. In the index maybe they were just missing a certain amount of credits to quickly buy something and not farm millions of credits.

What I've seen often, at least on PS4, is people carelessly extracting on fissure missions regardless of their team reactant count. When you join a public on-going fissure, all the reactants dropped prior to you entering will not be on the ground, so if you join and a couple of people are at 10/10, they will proceed to run to the extraction and trigger the 1 minute countdown. Sometimes you're lucky and drop enough but not always. And I don't understand why they do this. Waiting a minute or two more won't hurt anyone and it will benefit them with more reward pool to choose from. It's so ridiculous that sometimes people rush to extraction without 10 reactant.

45 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

Two words: go recruit or solo

What about new generation of players, new comers, not their age ? The game have changed since it's begining. So, the players are at fault but maybe the mechanics also tend to encourage some behaviors over others ? It's pretty much what happens in any given mmo. And then, people start to think it's how things should be done, which reinforces the tendancy. And since DEV nowdays are more likely to work on what seams popular rather than supporting a vision (because money), you get what we have now.

Simple answer. It would take a whole essay to explain why, actually. It's just not specific to Warframe.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

It's so ridiculous that sometimes people rush to extraction without 10 reactant.

I've unfortunately done this and have had it done to me. It really sucks but usually happens when I'm super tired and zoning out. I usually catch myself and hop off extraction but I cant always get the other guy to clue in. Unfortunately it's just bound to happen to me if I'm grinding hard for ducats since I dont really care what I get. If it's any consolation I sometimes forget to grab other people's gold/silver parts for the same reason.

When it happens I apologize and take it as a sign to call it a night. Always makes me feel terrible though.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

The things you listed are excusable because not everyone plays on the same level. Some people have boosters and staying more waves is a waste of time.

I've read this more than once and don't understand. How is staying longer a waste of time if you have a booster?

1 hour ago, WaifuJanna said:

Not sure how you're managing to catch all the negative players but my public matchmaking experience is almost polar opposite.

Granted, I do put effort into engaging my teammates and start the conversation, as well as try to lead with examples, and not a lot of players do that these days.  They seem to think there's an unspoken rule that somehow everyone knows but inexplicably chooses to ignore.

I would like to add a special response to this part, though;

1 hour ago, WaifuJanna said:

people leave relict survivals after 5 or 10 minutes

Relics haven't been around for 4 years.  People went longer 4 years ago because there wasn't a 1:1 ratio of reward to key and you stood a pretty low chance of getting the part you wanted right off.  Plus, you only recently have been able to exit a Survival individually.  4 years ago, people were basically just being held hostage until atleast 1 other player wanted to leave as well. 

A lot of your points seem to stem from knowing what's going on on the other side of the monitor, which is pretty impossible if you're running PUG's.

Just now, hippokrene said:

I've read this more than once and don't understand. How is staying longer a waste of time if you have a booster?

if they are leveling weapons and hit 30 the extra affinity isn't doing anything, they might as well leave and apply another forma or grab a different weapon

Archived