Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if you had to pick a warframe that really needs a rework or buff, Who would it be?

Formous

Me? Banshee. Banshee's Soundquake is disgustingly underpowered. Massive energy drain for almost no effects. It's reduced by armor, has a low base damage, Massive energy drains. It's easily the most ridiculous ability.  And it's Augment?  Besides being the only viable way to use the power, which is not what augments should be, It's damage at 282 PS is 11 k.  This 11k is then massively reduced by both Armor (since it's blast), and over range.  Over all, this is easily the worst ability in her entire kit. Yeah yeah I know people use her for her Sonar, but not everyone wants to use Sonar. Some want the Crown jewel of Banshee, Her Screams, to be the focal of a playstyle.

History: Once center piece to defense missions, this ability and it's augment used to have ramping damage over a large area, which could trivialize low level grind. Then it got a massive nerf to the augment, which gutted the power.  Then Saryn came out with a rework. Now I love Saryn, but it shows how unnecessary this change was to banshee.  Banshee still struggles with a ridiculous Energy drain on her normal mode Soundquake as well, which ruins any CC, and a base of 200 Blast damage is a relic damage count of yesteryear.

I would like to see Sound quake buffed dramatically personally, so that it can deal with enemies after level 25.  Something that comes to mind is changing the power.  Instead of a Sound quake in 360 degrees and rooting Banshee(another relic of yesteryear), I would have it be a Powerful frontal Scream that can sunder armor, and be given a powerful damage boost.  Power can be channeled going while mobile but slowed, with ramping damage, and able to go very far away like the Banshee of folk lore.  The Banshee though would operate much like Mesa.  Perhaps with a very wide scream, or with the Augment, a much narrower, but stronger scream.

I only say Banshee too because Sound Quake is a stationary ability in a highly mobile game.

No buffs, I want a new ability.

And Sonic Boom too, make it a 1-handed action and allow us to keep running when we use it.

4 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Frost, I don't think he's been touched ever, and the game's changed since he showed up. He's good for defense, but a lot about him is just slow.

He has. Ice Wave was a straight line. Freeze was pinpoint with no AoE on Impact, Snow Globe didnt have the immunity/damage absorbition phase, Avalanche had slow cast time, didnt remove armor based on PS and didnt allow Stats Procs on its Frozen enemies.

Valkyr. You can tell she was designed before operators existed.

- Ripline became objectively less useful when operators were introduced. As a transportation ability, it just can't keep up with Void Dash, which is free.

- Warcry is the worst-scaling ability in the entire game by virtue of scaling off base armor.

- The late 2019 melee rework made almost EVERY single melee weapon better than exalted weapons by virtue of being buffed to the same ballparks on base stats + the ability to use accolade mods such as Blood Rush for further scaling.

- Now the Parazon is being used as Ripline in the reworked Jackal fight. This means that in theory, every Warframe has a Ripline but Valky is the only one actually wasting an ability slot on it. Parazon Ripline should be added as something you can use by holding jump.

- Hysteria is nearly useless at higher levels. Being immortal means nothing if you can't kill anything. At least Enraged seems to have fixed this, but abilities should not need to be "fixed" with Augments. 

I made a very long post further breaking down my reasoning for the changes, including the proposed new 3rd ability (Paralysis moved to her 1) that will be intended for Valkyr to always exceed as a melee frame beyond any melee weapon, as well as introducing new synergies between abilities (As she doesn't have any beyond Warcry attack speed with Hysteria).

Loki.

Not sure why people think his kit is any good these days. His only good ability is his invisibility. Disarm might be useful in Steel Path again, but up until now it was pretty much useless fluff in regular play for a long time except for niche stuff like solo interceptions with the augment. Switch Teleport is a troll ability and his decoy disappears when a Crewman thinks about farting in its general direction.

He's constantly overrated or misjudged how badly his abilities kept up with the game evolving just "because invis". Even invisibility itself is less valuable of an ability to have since shield gating is a thing. Might as well equip Brief Respite and Rolling Guard and spam your Decoy or Disarm and you probably hardly die without turning invisible.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

He has. Ice Wave was a straight line. Freeze was pinpoint with no AoE on Impact, Snow Globe didnt have the immunity/damage absorbition phase, Avalanche had slow cast time, didnt remove armor based on PS and didnt allow Stats Procs on its Frozen enemies.

Well, I may be wrong about the lack of a rework, but my opinion stands. Running with some friends and outside his Snow Globe he just feels too slow for the pace of the game nowadays.

il y a 46 minutes, (PS4)Deeceem a dit :

Loki.

Not sure why people think his kit is any good these days. His only good ability is his invisibility. Disarm might be useful in Steel Path again, but up until now it was pretty much useless fluff in regular play for a long time except for niche stuff like solo interceptions with the augment. Switch Teleport is a troll ability and his decoy disappears when a Crewman thinks about farting in its general direction.

He's constantly overrated or misjudged how badly his abilities kept up with the game evolving just "because invis". Even invisibility itself is less valuable of an ability to have since shield gating is a thing. Might as well equip Brief Respite and Rolling Guard and spam your Decoy or Disarm and you probably hardly die without turning invisible.

Glad to see I'm not the only one on this forum to think this way. I never liked his current kit. He has no versatility (barely 2 ways of modding him : Duration only for Invisibility or Duration/Range if you also want the ult) with some just as outdated augments, all of it being easely outclassed by other Warframes (Gara's 3 is arguably as good if not better as it forces enemies to gather in the center of the circle ; Ash's 3 is faster and open's the enemy to a Finisher ; Ivara's 3 last way longer while Ash's 2 staggers nearby enemies and can be casted while moving, his Disarm is easely bested by abilities that completely immobilise targets, like Atlas' 3 or Frost's 4, while the Augment is just a downgraded version of Nyx's Chaos).

I tried to suggest changes a while ago, but only got comments about his kit being "perfectly fine if you put the decoy where enemies can't shoot it" (which is basically exploiting the enemy AI) and things like that. Seems like people don't want him to be good without being a 2-Power pseudo-invincible-yet-weak-to-stray-bullets frame with some AI exploit.

It just seems like everytime someone mention Loki and rework in the same post, he becomes perfectly fine, but when you go in game you barely see anybody use him. Guess we can only dream...

Mesa would be my first choice.  A frame I want to love because of her theme and style, but burdened with one bad ability and three dumb ones.

Other frames need it so much more, but I just wouldn't be as interested in them.

2 hours ago, Formous said:

Banshee

Banshee's a weird one for me.  I think she's criminally underrated, and I have -so- much fun with her.  And yet there's no frame I think about more in terms of things I'd change if I could.

I guess the dual question to this is, if you could (re)design some mission/objective or gameplay mechanic to open up roles for more frames, what would it be?

What are some frames that are good at what they do, perhaps even well designed, but "for a different game"? 

Frost

His first two abilities are really underwhelming for Warframe in 2020. He used to be really popular and he still has the potential to be, looks dope with its deluxe and can be of great help in all defense-based missions.

It would be an easy rework too as they would just need to change two abilities.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Mesa would be my first choice.  A frame I want to love because of her theme and style, but burdened with one bad ability and three dumb ones.

Other frames need it so much more, but I just wouldn't be as interested in them.

Banshee's a weird one for me.  I think she's criminally underrated, and I have -so- much fun with her.  And yet there's no frame I think about more in terms of things I'd change if I could.

I choose Banshee because she is the frame I would like to play, but I don't want to be using Silence and Sonar only.  I want to enjoy the Banshee's namesake style ability, but I can't due to the nerf it went through.

I'd have to go with Inaros. Not because he's not effective, but because he's so boring

Pocket Sand is alright, I guess. Let's not try to fix what isn't broken TOO much

Devour comes across more like a gimmick than a real way to heal yourself. Yeah it makes you invincible, but it takes so freaking long and draws all the aggro so the enemies are just waiting there when you're not invincible anymore. I'd like to see it work more like Grendel's Feast suck-in, where it hits stuff in a cone in front of him and doesn't immobilize you for more than a couple seconds. The only downside is it loses the ability to share it with teammates

Sandstorm, oof, this is what old 40k players call "overcosted." It would be good if only it were cheaper. Literally halving its cost (both start-up and channeling) is enough to save it, but let's add some QoL to it and remove the stupid vertical camera locking

Lastly there's Scarab Swarm. The armor component is fine, if boring, but the discharge component is really underwhelming. How about, instead of pointing at an enemy and only throwing some scarabs at that one enemy and only doing 200 corrosive damage per second, it throws out a cloud and said cloud targets enemies using the Excalibur Slash Dash code and deals way more freaking damage. This is where the "healing allies" part can come back; it already does that in the existing version, but now with more enemies tagged with more damage it can actually heal Tenno faster than Rejuvination

Excalibur Umbra. I want to play him but I can't stand his neck-scarf. I get nervous anytime I get near any type of fan or rotary engine. Plus you know all the girls are pointing and whispering about how he can survive in the vacuum of space but keeps the chills and chafe away with his cute little shemagh. 

Archived