Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

Is there something that can be done to avoid situation like this? 😞

d3ra.jpg

That's a limbo that just spend all the mission in his rift while other team members were actually doing the objectif ><.
I do most of my steel path missions solo or with clan members but in the few missions i have run with PUG I have seen several players that are just there to get carried by the rest of the team (to unlock the star chart or even use steel path to level their weapons). This was already a problem in ESO and it is quite frustrating to find the same problem in steel path. Maybe a requirement to have at least one rank 30 weapon equiped to do steel path mission would avoid some of these situations 😕

28 minutes ago, Shyltar said:

~snip~

that wont fix the issue of AFK which seems to be a very big one with limbo and his ability to stay invulnerable for free. the game also promotes being carried with its affinity system and mission design. 

i too want to see something done but.... i wont hold my breath. i stopped doing bounties (until i needed to do the 2 steel path ones) for a long time because of people mining during the bounty.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Shyltar:

Maybe a requirement to have at least one rank 30 weapons equiped to do steel path mission would avoid some of these situations 😕

vor 32 Minuten schrieb EinheriarJudith:

that wont fix the issue of AFK which seems to be a very big one with limbo and his ability to stay invulnerable for free. the game also promotes being carried with its affinity system and mission design. 

It would probaly just increase the amount of afk people, because they will take longer to level their weapons. And the longer it takes the more mission they are going to "play".

Vote-kick is also not possible, because it can to easy be abused. (Not my opinion. I repeat only what others told me, because they played a game with vote-kick option.)

Maybe a reputation-system, but that will be very much work for DE.

The only option is until now just to report the player.

Alright I had enough of this single player queue simulator that takes forever to find a living human being to play with, this is utterly unacceptable, are u guys even playing ur own game? I'm pretty sure you ppl DON'T. it takes roughly ~45 mins to queue/find ONE actual human being to play with on a SINGLE node and I have wait in front of the computer hoping someone would show up in queue, THIS IS NOT acceptable, I DIDN'T work for ur company I din't get paid why do I have to undergo this suffering for the whole day? this is not a single player game if I wanted to play some single player game I would go somewhere else certainly not here.

this is not a problem about player counts, it's about very entry level game design that apparently not a single soul in DE thought about/ or even care, when ur spread ur players acroos 199+ different nodes no one's gonna find each other and apparently the yes guys in ur company thought this is a good idea to release SP at its current state. as if you ppl learnt nothing from kuva lich.

these kind of things has been happening since vanilla cetus, released a not even half baked cetus with ads on times square, lures some new ppl in here then they witness how terrible/unfinished cetus is and left. u guys focused on short term gains over long term for quite some times now as if you want warframe to fail.

All right, I've finished the entire Star Chart, so I guess it's time to provide some feedback.

Firstly, the difficulty:

I admit I used very specific "meta" loadouts to complete this mode but I'm under impression that it was the point of it. Some people have their fun doing "Stug only run", I prefer to utilize the gear in which I've invested a lot of time and plat. However, being a big fan of Phantasma, I need to say that the weapon is fairly viable on hard mode, which came as a pleasant surprise. What I take from it is that even "non-meta" weapons may have a place there.

Enemies hit harder and die slower. This is what I was expecting and what was delivered. I had fun with completing it, I understand that some people hadn't, I don't understand people who expected it to be some sort of game-changer (especially since it was emphasized from the very beggining, that this is not an attempt at creating "end game"). The only mission I got mildly frustrated with was Ropalolyst. Bullet sponges are not that fun but bullet sponges which bug out and fly all over the area making it almost impossible to hit them with your amp are completely devoid of fun. I'd like this fight to get fixed, even if I don't plan to repeat it.

When it comes to repeating stuff, the replayability:

As soon as I get the cosmetics I want, I will probably use hard mode mostly to level things up and to check how my gear works outside of simulacrum. Unfortunately that's it (still, having a very good alternative to level up stuff is an extremely welcomed thing in Warframe). Now this is the case because of...

...the rewards:

Cosmetic rewards are good and priced fairly. I'm not a big fan of Operator armor but ephemeras are extremely cool. Doing a couple of Steel Essence farming sessions so I can buy them is completely okay for me. This is what we do in Warframe anyway. However, the price of consumable rewards is way too high. Steel Essence has a very low drop-rate, so I believe it is meant to be actually farmed (with Khora/Nekros/Smeeta/boosters/etc.). I'm not keen on spending a hard-to-acquire resource on consumables, especially when there are much cheaper, alternative ways of getting them (Syndicates, Arbitrations). I'd consider buying kuva or relics with Steel Essence if they were much, much cheaper. And I mean this way, not the other - making Steel Essence drop-rates higher. This would lower the value of cosmetics, which as I said, are priced fairly.

Next, mission/rotation rewards are simply bad. I've seen couple ideas how to make them better (remove common mods, increase endo/credits yield, upgrade relics, etc.). If some of those got implemented, I believe this would make hard mode much, much more replayable.

And one last word about rewards - planet decorations are very nice... except Lua. I mean, most of them are just spheres, those which are not already have in-game models. So (I think?) those who haven't been simply ported from somewhere else were quickly put together without paying much attention to details. Not that there's something wrong with that, planets are spheres after all... But not my beloved Lua. I know those kinds of things are not the top priority, but I'm still sad about that one. Especially when I know your studio has many extremely talented artists but they just cannot focus on that kind of pointless bits of fun when they are working on New War or some other big future update.

All in all, I'm enjoying the update. There are some things I'd like changed so I can enjoy it even more. But even if that won't happen, hard mode was fun.

Why did they bother with this system? Wouldn't it be easier to just put a button on the Arsenal screen, and when you press it, it checks your loadout to see if it matches one of the most-used templates, and then either gives you 1-3 steel currency chits, or else locks you out of running missions for 20-40 minutes?  Same result with much less hassle.

(I'm gonna claim I'm joking instead of just being salty.  To DE's credit the system is exactly what they said it would be... just not something that in any way appeals to me as a player).

13 hours ago, UNO168 said:

Alright I had enough of this single player queue simulator that takes forever to find a living human being to play with, this is utterly unacceptable, are u guys even playing ur own game? I'm pretty sure you ppl DON'T. it takes roughly ~45 mins to queue/find ONE actual human being to play with on a SINGLE node and I have wait in front of the computer hoping someone would show up in queue, THIS IS NOT acceptable, I DIDN'T work for ur company I din't get paid why do I have to undergo this suffering for the whole day? this is not a single player game if I wanted to play some single player game I would go somewhere else certainly not here.

this is not a problem about player counts, it's about very entry level game design that apparently not a single soul in DE thought about/ or even care, when ur spread ur players acroos 199+ different nodes no one's gonna find each other and apparently the yes guys in ur company thought this is a good idea to release SP at its current state. as if you ppl learnt nothing from kuva lich.

these kind of things has been happening since vanilla cetus, released a not even half baked cetus with ads on times square, lures some new ppl in here then they witness how terrible/unfinished cetus is and left. u guys focused on short term gains over long term for quite some times now as if you want warframe to fail.

Let me see if I understand you say you can't find anyone to play with on matchmaking???

Have you checked the ping lock

Because If that's the case I find it wierd  I get 90% of the times instant squad on any mode I play public

After clearing 8 planets and half of the rest, taking my time with it, I'd say overall Steel Path is a very welcome addition. I was hoping for a higher difficulty starchart that after running lich territory missions and this delivers in that aspect in spades. Beefed up mob feels properly balanced against my arsenal without being too restrictive that I can only take certain frame/weapon combos. CC frames have a place again and without some energy management dps frames struggle. The 250% stat boost is definitely pulling a lot of weight there.

Things I liked :
- It works like a balance pass for vets like me who are utterly bored out of our minds overkilling mob all over the place without any sense of risk/danger. Much less mind numbing button mashing.
- Bosses don't die in one hit oh what joy ! Actually takes time dealing with bosses.
- Status build pay off even more
- Good for people like me who just enjoy the balance and find it as a reward in itself

Things I didn't like :
- Lack of scaling rewards really takes out the wind out of you after a while. While I do understand it's not in the agenda to make this farm simulator 2.0, larger cred rewards might be a start.

- Bare steel path honors store. Need steel path themed weapon skins in here please.

- Steel essence drop rates are atrociously bad due to eximus rarity. A 5% drop rate would be much more bearable. Really not interested in grinding one endless node for 1.5hr+ for measly amounts of it.

Proposal:
- Introduce a Steel Path boon system. Complete a set of challenges to gain universal 100%  stat boost on any 2 warframe ability stat - duration, range, efficiency and strength for 24 hours/ till server reset. This will allow vets to be more flexible with their build just a little bit, swap an ability mod for something else. People will have a reason to run steel path and due to the bonus stat boost find it easier to continue grinds. 100% stat boost on 2 ability stats won't make things tremendously easy, only allow for more flexible modding.

- Steel path store needs exclusive weapon skins themed after the Dax

This update made me more happy than railjack, which is saying a lot because I was eagerly waiting for railjack and loved it despite all the shortcomings. Hope you guys don't orphan systems anymore and slowly work on updating and integrating these systems better. Cheers \o/

First (and mid-) impressions in no particular order.
- Oh good, more arbitrarily inflated numbers! Remember the beloved treasurers? Let's have EVERYONE like that.
- After listening to Teshin's little intro: THAT's your explanation? "The enemies hate us", therefore they are now stronger? Much lore, so world-building, wow. If it worked like that, I could punch entire cities into the ocean.
HOW did they GET stronger? Care to take a guess what sort of effort and time it takes to design and manufacture armor/technology that's SEVERAL TIMES more effective than your current one? While you're at war with at least 2 factions? This just highlights /again/ how the enemy scaling and the level system itself is ridiculous. If you can reliably and constantly churn out infantry that are almost space marines, why even bother making anything weaker ever again?
- Break out all your cheese or drown in billions of EHP. Bullet sponges are not "difficulty". They're boring. Watch dunkey's video on Destiny (one). It's 5 years old.
- Oooh, what's this? Steel essence! Sweet! Looks like the head of the jail hammer from MHW. Too bad you get like 0.2 each mission and can't buy anything exceptional or useful with them. Oh and the prices are awful 😄
- Shadows of the dead needs a higher damage multiplier. Like 'current X 10' or more.
- Aren't archguns supposed to be good against armor/vehicles/buildings/spaceships? Why does my little scrap pistol kill random dudes in armor faster?
- Teshin's lines predict the cheese level. I like your voice, but why are you telling me they had good deaths? This was a spy mission, literally nobody died. I already miss Ordis' Lotus impression.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb hyperkayak:

- After listening to Teshin's little intro: THAT's your explanation? "The enemies hate us", therefore they are now stronger? Much lore, so world-building, wow. If it worked like that, I could punch entire cities into the ocean.

goodgood-your-hate-makes-you-stronger.jp

Sorry, I had to use this opportunity. ^^

Rewards in steel path are still extremely low and bad. There is little incentive to complete these taxing missions right now since they don't offer much. I really hope there is a significant increase in rewards for this mode or it will be very pointless.

Also, Steel Essence is still a problem for me. I've only found the one you get from completing planets.

And personally I must say that the Ropalolyst fight is disgusting in Steel Path, specially the operator damage part of it.

If I had to rank the difficulty of the ropapolyst from 0 to 10 where 10 is the most difficult id rank it at 15. The shields are extremely high and take many shots, on top of that the ropapolyst hits hard and can nullify and can grab where the player just waits for death as they cant do anything to get out of its grasp. Like do you even have quality assurance teams?

EDIT: So I decided to go in a squad and it took the 3 of us(even tho only 2 knew what to do) and took us 17 minutes. Most of the time was chipping the shield with the operator amps

Il y a 1 heure, NotVayHek a dit :

The Steel Essence droprate is nonexistent. That's terrible.

It's actually better (or at least not worst) than tellurium or argon...

3sx6.jpg

l5fs.jpg

I already bought the full operator armor set and the two ephemeras and i am actually a bit desappointed by the lack of other stuff in Teshin's shop ^^'

But seriously the drop rate is ok but you just have to be aware than very few eximus will spawn unless you spend at least 30 min into endless mission. I see it as a way to reward players that take on the challenge of longer defense/survival which is great but i would not mind seeing more eximus earlier in missions as it would boost the difficulty a bit and makes essences more accessible.
I already bought the full operator armor set and the two ephemeras and i am actually a bit disappointed by the lack of other stuff in Teshin's shop ^^'

13 minutes ago, Shyltar said:

But seriously the drop rate is ok but you just have to be aware than very few eximus will spawn unless you spend at least 30 min into endless mission. I see it as a way to reward players that take on the challenge of longer defense/survival which is great but i would not mind seeing more eximus earlier in missions as it would boost the difficulty a bit and makes essences more accessible.

Steel Path should probably just make all the enemies Eximi from the very start.

Otherwise, at this rate, running ODS will get me the Hema before I can even buy another item from Teshin.

Steel Path has been a blast so far. I've been soloing a single planet most days so far without any regrets. I suppose there is something to be said when trying to carve through hundreds of enemies the sheer beefiness starts to become redundant and exhausting but I'm well aware that I've removed the team element and am facing the consequences.

The absolute most fun I've had was just now, soloing the Ropalolyst on SP. Which is where the problems begin. I was not able to finish that fight on account of a timer that kicked me out of the mission. The mission ended at 39m and so many seconds. I hadn't noticed anything at the beginning of the final phase, either I'm blind or it could be hidden. Which one it is matters very little to me. For solo mode or if a player is alone I would appreciate that if this timer could be removed. The Flydolon just has too much health and damage reduction for a timer to be reasonable in those circumstances.

My potential insanity aside, this is actually a problem that will get worse for other players not intentionally attempting to do this alone as SP falls off and fewer to none teams are available for this mission. It will effectively lock out the Jupiter trophy for everybody who didn't get the early worm.

Additionally I would like you, DE, to reconsider the grab. Far as I'm concerned the grab literally halts gameplay. Generally speaking in other games where enemies can grab you one of two things is allowed. Mashing a key or button to escape or hurting/stunning them into dropping you. Both of which are at least a form of gameplay. The Flydolon does neither and I am simply forced to wait for it to drop me while potentially being shot by other enemies. The most I've been able to do is escape into Operator mode and continue to wait for gameplay to resume.

2 hours ago, Diedact said:

soloing the Ropalolyst on SP [...] I was not able to finish that fight on account of a timer

Yeah, the timer on the Ropalolyst is sucky.

I had it time me out at 22 mins +, 28 mins +, and one particularly annoying time at 37 mins forty-something seconds, during the final health phase.

I don't know what triggers the timer -- it doesn't seem consistent with any particular event in the mission, but it serves no useful purpose I can see.

Trying out my different Amps to find out which was most effective could have been fun, because I normally quite enjoy that fight. Instead it left me angry and resentful at being repeatedly robbed of a hard-won victory by some arbitrary timer.

By the time I finally beat the Ropalolyst timer I was sick of that mission, and I'm certainly never playing it again unless the timer is removed.

All the other boss-fights have been fine so far -- and it's only Kela de Thaym I haven't done yet.

The nullifier capture target is a little too bullet spongy when it activates his nullifier bubble even getting swarmed by other bullet sponges, even with corrupted ancients cost me the mission as Titania. But the other capture targets are fine as it is. Well if you have a weapon that has toxin damage in it, then it shouldn't be a problem taking down the nullifier capture target.

On 2020-07-13 at 3:03 AM, wullail said:

I was a bit disappointed to go to the orokin derelict with all the keys...complete them all solo (Lephanitis was a major pain solo) only to discover....no steel path rewards....

🤕

I also was not rewarded for completion of the Derelicts.

I have been informed that the reward does exist, even shown a screen capture, but have not been able to determine what exactly is required to obtain it...

1)- Scaling level rewards, scaling level rewards and scaling level rewards.

2)- Xp reward IS NOT according to the level.

3)- Its a melee fest.

*4)- Nobody play it. Have to do everything in solo.

This "new" game mode is Arbitration 2 (even worse with those those Teshin rewards) and there´s absolutely no point on re-doing it once complete

*Edit

I have finished Steel Path.

Bullet Sponges are not challenge. Period. This game mode shows how terrible weapon and frame balance in Warframe is. Right now Steel Path is AoE or nothing. Don’t have AoE? Sucks to be you enemy spawn rate is full squad spawn rate regardless of player count. So your non AoE setup in solo mode is useless. I am forced to cheese solo interception mission with extreme CC because of the ludicrously high spawnrate.

Steel Essence farming... are you serious? 2% chance from an uncommon enemy type who spawns more than 10 minutes into the mission so you are essentially forced to do Endurance runs? Oh and doing steel path endurance runs will cause a trade ban, which you should have foreseen it coming.

This game mode is garbage to me. Hope you fix it up and never touch it again.

Archived