Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please can we get a system where the two least played warframes every season get some of their augments installed into their abilities.

(PSN)FK2P

So basically the system would work like this, the two least played warframes get a number of their augments installed locally into their abilities, and then get new augments to replace the old ones, and the players that own those augments get whatever the new one is in its place. This allows the bottom of the pile to potentially grow with minimal effort.

I will be crystal clear when I say that this should not replace reworks, as reworks are extremely important. Things like wukong and ember are so healthy now, it’s good for the game. 

Some augments feel like bandaids for bad abilities, or fixes for old abilities that should just be fixed. 

I understand what you are getting at, but in practice this would be far too automatic a system for something that really needs to be reviewed on a case by case basis. 

But yes, there are many abilities that have augments that should be part of the ability. There are also augments that are just useless and wouldn't help the ability even if they were a part of them. Augments in general are a bit messy right now. 

Frankly I am fascinated by this idea just in the theoretical sense. Sorry if someone else has posted it before, it's just an interesting way to try and regularly revisit old lesser used content that does not cannibalize our dev team's limited time in the day. Really interesting stuff. Curious what people think for sure - just as a thought experiment. 

I think the community could make a list within minutes of augme ts they feel should be part of the ability.  Valkyrs swing line, saryns new spore augment, spectral screams, whatever Limbos rift surge is supposed to be.  Either way it would certainly be a streamlined way to at least point out which frames or abilities are problematic. 

Or, if this was to be considered for augments; just move augments to the ability screen, and slot them into the ability in question; only one of each ability per whatever unlocked (however that is desired to be done). Some augments are just bandaids, while others tend to carry the weight of the functionality of the ability, and on the lesser front to either you have Hallowed Reckoning or Defiled Reckoning for Conclave. Might be a good idea to do a few changes to make augments work and give uniqueness in the future compared to just fighting for mod slots.

since there are a number of augments that are straight upgrades to the base ability (despite the original design intent not to be so) This seems a completely logical and simple way to bulk up frames left by the wayside with changing design.

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Curious what people think for sure - just as a thought experiment. 

As interesting as this might be, and as well intentioned and thought the idea the OP has given, I don't think many of the augments will provide such an intense better state for the most needed cases. OP themselves states:

48 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

I will be crystal clear when I say that this should not replace reworks, as reworks are extremely important.

So let's put as an example Chroma: Will the augments make his high energy drain Effigy and tickling Spectral Scream that much better to use? Or, since Inaros Prime is coming up soon, will it solve the issue with sand clones, his 2 being slow and a worse healing option to his 1, or his Sandstorm hardly providing anything worth to use in its current state?

And the more frames we look at, and especially, the most we understand that use is not directly equivalent of good or bad, the clearer the picture becomes.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Frankly I am fascinated by this idea just in the theoretical sense. Sorry if someone else has posted it before, it's just an interesting way to try and regularly revisit old lesser used content that does not cannibalize our dev team's limited time in the day. Really interesting stuff. Curious what people think for sure - just as a thought experiment. 

Augments are a nice option to make some abilities better, but others feel like they should just be part of the ability instead of taking up a slot. Phoenix Renewal is one of my favorite augments, and it feels like it makes the ability better while not feeling like it should be in the ability to start since it gives Oberon what essentially feels like Wukong's passive with no limit other than a cooldown. While one of Nezha's old augments related to the chakram felt unnecessary after the rework. 

37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Imagine if for instance, Banshee, a warframe that is towards the bottom of usage charts and overall player confidence, were to have that armour strip augment installed at base, and then recieve a new augment, something that could allow her fulfil her DPS role in a wider variety of situations, such as bosses and mini-bosses and mounted health bars. 

Something that would allow her narrow high risk DPS role to be more consistent to keep up with buffer frames such as rhino and chroma, something worth bearing the burden of her fragility for, in situations where the risk would be at it’s greatest?

Imagine the life that simple augment would give her.

Anything that makes DE improve outdated warframes and bad augments is a good idea. But honestly this seems exactly like the kind of thing that DE would permanently put into the "backburner" as soon as they get too busy with a new big update.

6 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

As interesting as this might be, and as well intentioned and thought the idea the OP has given, I don't think many of the augments will provide such an intense better state for the most needed cases. OP themselves states:

So let's put as an example Chroma: Will the augments make his high energy drain Effigy and tickling Spectral Scream that much better to use? Or, since Inaros Prime is coming up soon, will it solve the issue with sand clones, his 2 being slow and a worse healing option to his 1, or his Sandstorm hardly providing anything worth to use in its current state?

And the more frames we look at, and especially, the most we understand that use is not directly equivalent of good or bad, the clearer the picture becomes.

I understand your concern for niche frames that see high usage for a very narrow part of the game like chroma, who is used primarily for eidolons, but still suffers from having a very questionable 4, questionable in that... dispite damage deflection and reflection being his kit’s theme, octavia’s resonator can pump out taken damage and the effigy can’t? I absolutely can see your point.

I think the goal for this post was to impose a system alongside reworks, this is not a fix for every warframe, but it would at least do some change to some of the glaring issues that are desirable for people who still enjoy old frames.

Seeing how the devs are currently in quarantine, aswell as working on much bigger content, I really think this would be a good mechanic up until the devs start to focus on reworks.

Maybe even increase the number of frames to 3 just to make it look oficial.

Hypothetically, would the augments added into frames per season remain that way after that given season is over?

Aside from that, I think it could help to have a single dedicated ability augment slot next to a Warframe's Exilus slot (Could be unlocked with an ability slot adapter like the Exilus slot is), to help with organizing your frame's build and allowing another free slot for a different mod or augment. (On the top row, it would have the aura mod on the left, followed by Exilus / augment slot in either order to the right)

Of course, to allow enough mod capacity for it, all auras may need to have their capacity raised up to Steel Charge's level to balance out aura capacity for the better.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

originally when augment mods were talked about early days some of what was said had me thinking that the intend with the augments was that, testing it well taking up a slot then after time added it to the skill base. imo its a great idea and easy way to add synergys to skills as most augments are skill synergys. only some augments work good as optional but other at this point are a fact of life to people who play those frames. 

Maybe make it a timed thing instead? It could be like a month long test where the frame gets the augment for free and then the DE team checks back in after that. Then we can see some fun data on how much more or less the frame is played (because I know we all love devstream graphs!) and it'll give time for people to play with and come up with some opinions.

And I think we should start with Nyx and toss assimilate on her... <.< >.>

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Allowing augments to be slotable in the ability slot or dedicated augment slots instead of the main mod slots would significantly help the old struggling frames to keep up with the ever changing META. Imagine if Corroding Barrage is innate, it will allow his 1 to compete in high level content because it allows you to strip armor.

But don’t expect this system will beat Warframe reworks. There are some abilities that are hilariously bad even an augment can’t save it.

These augments would be prime candidates:

Atlas - Rubble Heap

Banshee - Sonic Fracture

Chroma - Guided Effigy

Equinox - Duality, Energy Transfer

Garuda - Blood Forge

Grendel - Catapult

Hydroid - Corroding Barrage

Inaros - Negation Swarm

Ivara - Infiltrate

Limbo - Rift Torrent, Cataclysmic Continuum

Loki - Hushed Invisibility

Mag - Greedy Pull

Mesa - Mesa's Waltz

Nekros -  Soul Survivor, Creeping Terrify, Despoil, Shield of Shadows (all of them)

Nezha - Reaping Chakram, Safeguard

Nidus - Larva Burst

Nova - Neutron Star

Nyx - Mind Freak, Chaos Sphere, Assimilate

Octavia - Conductor

Rhino - Iron Shrapnel

Saryn - Revealing Spores

Titania - Razorwing Blitz

Trinity - Vampire Leech

Valkyr - Enraged

Vauban - Repelling Bastille

-

Basically, any augment that is either QoL, allowing certain abilities to be recast, redirected, or canceled, or augments that actually make the ability do-the-thing and not be bad baseline.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Seems way too broad a brush to paint with. Some augments wouldn't help the frames. Others may even be undesirable to be baked in and it still requires the team make a new set of augments for frames whenever it is done. It would also just likely nd up stacking features on top of features and ending up with very muddled designs.

Archived