Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your thoughts for what happens after MR30

Rhymontic

WHAT HAPPENS AT MR30??

Ever since I hit MR29 this is all I’ve thought about, not so many people are talking about this, the few speculations that have come up are well presented by the streamer Joey Zero. In summary of what he mentioned:

1.)    Account Forma!!

We forma accounts get a global boost on certain stats and level everything all over again.

My Opinion: DE please do not do this. Why? Boosting stats is giving more power and we are already way too overpowered. Even if MR1 gets a fancy name or slapped in God Initiate, God Hunter etc No.

2.)    Mastery Rank 31!

This implies MR continues as usual, we keep getting more focus, trades,daily standing cap, mod capacity as usual. MR continues to rise infinitely. MR 100 (I hope they don’t run out of cool MR names)

My Opinion: I’m not completely in objection to this, since I still run out of trades and all. Trading is one of the fun things I like doing. Thinking over the other perks of this, I don’t think I’ll need more focus, standing or mod capacity considering that everything is maxed out, no more schools need that extra focus.

3.)    Alt Progression!!

An alternate progression of some sort. Concerns arise as we thought that’s what the focus system was or even the recent Intrinsic system. Most of us had that beat in just a few weeks.

My Opinion: Personally if this got shipped in a much cooler version, say a complete revamped play-style, I’d be cool with it. Example, if it gets to a point we use an adult operator as shown in duviri paradox, I would love to re-level all weapons to 30 if the adult operator handles them differently. New weapon stances/ animations. Whatever cool mechanic they’ll add to the adult operator, Joey talked of a degree system like what we have in Karate like black belt, we’ll leave progression names to DE. I’m aware the gameplay will be slower than what we are used to compared to how fast warframes sprint and bullet jump through levels. But I don’t mind a more tactical slow paced action once in a while. I’d love to press 6 for adult operator any day and have him transfer out with another load out. I’ll always favor a diverse play style over more power.

4.)    NOTHING!!

Yep! Nothing happens, we all max out at 30. No more tests. We still get new gear and warframes to rank up and use but that’s just about it. May get a trophy sigil or an emblem and we can comfortably sit and say we’ve beaten the game, FIN.

My Opinion: Nope, I don’t want this at all. I’d feel the game is dead at this point.

5.)    WARFRAME 2!!

Warframe has a complete state, gets out of BETA. DE switches its focus to a new game (Warframe 2) A complete rework. Works on new projects and redesign the game.

My Opinion: If they bring in a new solar map with better tile sets than the origin system, I definitely like the idea. If they decide to fling the tenno back in time before warframes and the infested, that’s cool with me. I do enjoy the warframe lore and I wish they had a way to tell more of the story.

So that’s basically it, I really hope something cool happens.

JOEY ZERO’S VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zukgYhqOEI

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

You know, all I'd hope if I ever hit MR30 is that I can forma stuff back to back.

I'll already have the 60 capacity anyways, DE plox 😛

Considering the 5 to 8min taken to max out stuff, I feel this is somewhat possible but it would be cool to just forma and forma. Or even have enough mod capacity to fit everything you want without forma..

3 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

An option for MR30+ is that when you forma things, they don't reset to unranked, but to your MR -30. So at MR32, you'd forma down to rank 2.

This would take far too long to be of any value at all. Unless it was shipped with “MR30+ has very low exp requirements”.

I imagine nothing interesting is going to happen. DE has had a very long time to decide what to do with it. I think at best we would get a sculpture and told “30 isn’t the MR cap”

34 minutes ago, Rhymontic said:

Considering the 5 to 8min taken to max out stuff, I feel this is somewhat possible but it would be cool to just forma and forma. Or even have enough mod capacity to fit everything you want without forma..

Unless its a frame then it super slow and take 4 or 6 runs of 10 waves of hydroid.

We reach a tipping point. Universe with current laws of physics can't contain MR30 players so it collapses on itself.

A Big Crunch occours putting every bit of matter together and destroying everything there is. Universe ends and time becomes irrelevant.

Congratulations. You finished Warframe.

Probably more MR ranks, because certain weapons can reach Rank 40. 

48 minutes ago, Rhymontic said:

Warframe has a complete state, gets out of BETA.

Why a sequel when you can just completely redesign Warframe after it’s completed? Say Warframe future updates will be halted until redesign is complete.

So.

You can put the Forma on the account.

The account is reset to MR0.

You can then increase your MR until you are MR32. Put another Forma. Reset to MR0.

And so on until you have reached MR40.

This is going to require you to level your account 30+32+34+36+38+40 = 210 times. And I think that's enough for a couple of decades.

After mr 30 you get a special message from Lotus that says "You win congratulations" and then the game dies and the servers disappear...its all over.

Seriously though nothing will happen it will keep going the way it has been until it stops being popular and De cant keep developing it 

I could see MR30+ having various account restrictions removed. For example:

MR31: remove 24-hour MR test timer.
MR32: remove daily syndicate standing cap
MR33: remove daily focus cap
MR34: remove gear reset to unranked after forma

after that though I'm not sure: the only things I can think of that I would want after that would be stuff that costs plat, like frame/weapon/companion slots, loadout slots, etc... I guess they could just start handing out plat, but I would think most players at that level would have enough plat for what they want already...

Those would be my suggestions, I suppose. As for what I think DE will actually do? No idea.

I'd be cool with r31+ just adding config slots, raising standing caps and the usual stuff.

If anything, 31+ could be the start of a legacy or legend setting where r30 + players can access different areas of the game. Maybe add a custom modifier to missions like enemies start at lvl 150 but have no armor or even 1000% armor. Have reduced gravity or have a no jumps mode active. Basically mission modifiers that make the game harder or just fun and ridiculous. At the end of the mastery system or just way at the end of everything why not give those players that hit the point something to good off with?

My guess is that they'll take the lazy option. Nothing at all will happen and we'll be "maxed out"

Or, they'll offer alternative progression. Which they'll only do if they come up with something interesting anyways, so for while it's gonna be that nothing happens. It's not like they explicitly plan around increases of the MR cap.

They've tried offering a few of these already: Intrinsics and Focus. They also tried pushing past "30" on specific weapons to see if it was interesting.
Extending past 30, in this case, would be some form of additional progression. The extra MR has to matter somehow, after all. So it would really be the same amount of work as alternative progression.

Intrinsics is not even close to being the same thing as focus. Intrisics is 100% the same thing as affinity because it increases MR!

My guess is they will implement something, but even if they don't getting to MR30 is only something a few people will do so yea it's really terrible if you're one of those and feel 'done'. And then in 10 years everyone will be MR30 because it's much easier so you can come back and complain how meaningless levelling up in the game was.

Newsflash it is already meaningless. I thought we were here for fun...

9 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Intrinsics is not even close to being the same thing as focus. Intrisics is 100% the same thing as affinity because it increases MR!

My guess is they will implement something, but even if they don't getting to MR30 is only something a few people will do so yea it's really terrible if you're one of those and feel 'done'. And then in 10 years everyone will be MR30 because it's much easier so you can come back and complain how meaningless levelling up in the game was.

Newsflash it is already meaningless. I thought we were here for fun..

Meaningless?? Nuuh man... Someone may enjoy being a low MR and making the game more grindy for themselves till they quit that's cool, I enjoy the game by getting stuff to trade and yeah I still get pissed when I run out of my 29 trades, people enjoy the game differently. If you find being the highest rank possible in a game meaningless and not fun, It's only because you are a casual gamer and not a completionist. The game has focused in attracting so many casuals so I don't really blame your existence. DE loves you most. Vets can only pray our voices are heard.

49 minutes ago, Rhymontic said:

Meaningless?? Nuuh man... Someone may enjoy being a low MR and making the game more grindy for themselves till they quit that's cool, I enjoy the game by getting stuff to trade and yeah I still get pissed when I run out of my 29 trades, people enjoy the game differently. If you find being the highest rank possible in a game meaningless and not fun, It's only because you are a casual gamer and not a completionist. The game has focused in attracting so many casuals so I don't really blame your existence. DE loves you most. Vets can only pray our voices are heard.

Lol, butthurt elitism. Why you mad? 

Archived