Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag confirmed to get a Magnetize buff

Magnetize can now be localized on mag!

Everyone remember how two Tennocons ago we saw mag do a Neo bullet return move, and DE said that would be added as an augment? Looks like they did even better and just made it part of the core ability. 

According to Reb, it stops projectiles, but not melee or AoE damage. It also seems to deal damage in a cone like a shotgun. Looks really gun to be honest and a nice buff to mags survivability

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Magnetize can now be localized on mag!

Everyone remember how two Tennocons ago we saw mag do a Neo bullet return move, and DE said that would be added as an augment? Looks like they did even better and just made it part of the core ability. 

According to Reb, it stops projectiles, but not melee or AoE damage. It also seems to deal damage in a cone like a shotgun. Looks really gun to be honest and a nice buff to mags survivability

Neato!

Anything on any other Warframes? 

My Mag Prime: "I can instantly restore my shields to full, take the enemy's shields and armour away, jam their guns and shut down their robots all in one fell swoop, and usually get a few kills with it as well!"

DE: "would you also like to be immune to bullets while you do all that?"

My Mag Prime: *Evil Laughter*

Every Corpus in the Origin System: "well, fu-"

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

My Mag Prime: "I can instantly restore my shields to full, take the enemy's shields and armour away, jam their guns and shut down their robots all in one fell swoop, and usually get a few kills with it as well!"

DE: "would you also like to be immune to bullets while you do all that?"

My Mag Prime: *Evil Laughter*

Every Corpus in the Origin System: "well, fu-"

Rip turbulence <_<

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

head hype GIF

Yass!

Now we wait for Volt to nearly stop time (teammates included for added trolling) like he does in the trailer, because of how fast he is.

And Excal's shockwave from Radial Javelin. Seriously on this one.

Excal didn't do Radial Javelin in the trailer. He did a slam attack with his Exalted Blade.

Anyway, I hope DE will eventually go back and make Magnetize actually look like the cinematic intro version:

HmgYSeo.gif

This is probably going to cause an issue for several players.  So many of the abilities in this game have the "tap for one thing, hold to switch or do it the other way" and many of them are inconsistent with each other.  Because of the frames I play, I use the option to switch which is which, which makes several lesser used frames feel off.  This tap/hold being added to Mag is probably going to make her super clunky for me to use now because I'm probably going to end up needing to hold just to use normal Magnetize.

They really need to let us pick individually for each ability what we want tap to do and hold to do.  It gets a little clunkier with each new ability with this that they add.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Rip turbulence <_<

Zephyr: So, can you run, parkour, shoot, use your other abilities and protect everything in a very large radius?

Mag: No, its a pseudo protect and damage ability instead of only protection like yours, but people are saying your ability is now RIP.

Zephyr: "People", huh?

Mag: Yeah. You know how it is.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Zephyr: So, can you run, parkour, shoot, use your other abilities and protect everything in a very large radius?

Mag: No, its a pseudo protect and damage ability instead of only protection like yours, but people are saying your ability is now RIP.

Zephyr: "People", huh?

Mag: Yeah. You know how it is.

😛

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Obligatory Cynical question : Is this a PR move to regain player confidence after The Helminth nerf?

I mean it technically isn't tied to the Helminth system at all, Mag gives pull not Magnetize (though I honestly wish she did after seeing the mini-Absorb) so I wouldn't think so.

They likely just have a few small details like this they were saving for launch hype.

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Obligatory Cynical question : Is this a PR move to regain player confidence after The Helminth nerf?

I don’t play mag that much, but hey more power to mag users.

This has nothing to do with the Helminth system. DE already said last year that they were going to allow Mag to do what it does in the trailer. They're doing this for the New Player Experience.

Archived