Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "We dislike conservation" club

ixidron92

I hate conservation with a passion. DE needs to stop forcing players to play content that they know is unpopular. And yes, gating Entrati standing and the Helminth Crysalis system behind conservation is forcing players to play that content. Ruined the entire update for me.

I want the pets for mastery but I think I will skip this all together because the whole tranq thing is god awful. I'm probably not going to progress the rest of the normal standing either. Why does conservation need to be part of progression? 

I'd recommend just keeping an eye out for the animals while doing normal bounties. They tend to spawn in packs of 2-3 that way, and unlike in the other open worlds I don't believe the quality of the capture matters here.  I kind of enjoy it now, but I used to hate it before, so I get your pain. I've managed to get quite a few son tokens just by chance over a couple hours. I could've just gotten lucky, but I found a lot of packs while just doing other things, so hopefully they're fairly common.

I only dislike Conservation when I need to make Progress.... Honestly it doesn't bother me if I'm at Max Rank with the syndicates...

The only aspect of Conservation I genuinely Hate.... Is The Birds.... 

They are difficult to Tranq/Sleep.... 

#*!% Birds !!!

Same here. Not saying I want it to disappear, no, it's probably a great side activity for those who enjoy these. But they should definitely not be forced upon us, and block any content behind it.

DE keeps adding non-Warframe stuff to Warframe, ignoring the fact Warframe is a success because of ... Warframes. Yeah no, I don't want to KDrive, I don't want to fish/mine, I don't want to capture, I don't want to use your Necramech thing as I have Warframes which were perfectly able to kill Infested and we even defeated ... Orokins... who made Necramechs so they had them at the time.

Totally ok with side activities to change from time to time. But that's it, let Warframes be the showrunner for gameplay activity (and Operators for Lore content if you will).

DE should go back to the roots. Warframe content. Warframes content..

I dislike all open world minigames (especially tedious braindead slot machine that is mining). It's a fun gimmick when you do it for the first time. But after two open worlds the novelty has completely worn off. They are fine as side-activities. But mining, fishing and catching wildlife should not be a mandatory part of progression in a space ninja horde shooter.

Conservation was received relatively well initially because it gave you TONS of standing quickly and you didn't even have to trade resources for it.

6 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Doing the laundry and emptying the trash aren't much effort, but that's not how I want to be spending my game time. The previous open worlds offered the MMO minigame resource drops from actual WF combat with Thumpers and Orbs. There's no way around it in Deimos, not even plat, and it makes the whole thing feel like a chore.

You get resources from combat, even fishes from specific objects....

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

And in two to three days then you'll complain that there's nothing to do.

"Nothing to do" actually means "plenty of time to do what you want", hence that increases your overall feeling while playing, as you're doing what you like instead of what you hate but have to.

I like doing it time to time, more things to do is always nice, some things aren’t meant for everyone. It’s just a dumb move to shove it down to everyone’s throat. It’s a space ninja horde looter shooter, do you really think the majority will want to hunt some animal while they can enjoy themselves mowing down hundreds to thousands of enemies? 

So again DE fails to learn from past mistakes and missteps, the animals that DE requires that we capture are aggroed by everything else in the area even if it's benign... way to go everyone.

The "not dogs" require 2 shots to the face so we're back to that annoying garbage again and on top of that even it seems like, at least at this point in the release, the tracking location points do not reset so you have to go back into the hub in order to spawn more?!  Again proving that none of this was play tested for even 60 seconds.
Currently as far as the tokens go, yeah they need to go away, period, they should not be a requirement to go up in standing, they are not a speed bump but a complete hard lock especially when you are unable to even get animals in order to trade said tags in to get tokens...

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Sure Jan GIF

Pro-memer I see. Not really constructive though. If you have never enjoyed playing the game at all, then I understood this sarcastic reply. Even though I cannot understand your point of view as I still genuinely have fun ingame (just not conservation-ing).

6 hours ago, saghzs said:

I don't mind it existing, just please don't force players to do it.

100% this.  If the penalty is I don’t hit MR 30 as fast as others who do conservation, then I’m ok with that.

I tolerate snowboarding when required for Nightwave.  The addition of Combat from the Bugboard is nice and I Hope becomes a Nightwave task.  But I have no real interest in “grinding rails”.

I’ve played for half a decade, and have no interest in Conservation or floofs with Fortuna because my time is too valuable to not fully enjoy the basic combat that made the game great.

I understand and applaud the safer route to a beautiful, new open world with the remote challenges and the Pandemic. One need only look at Steam to see it was a prudent move for the health of DE and the game.

However,

To require this mode through a Syndicate Necessity tied to a brand new Combat Customization System?

One of Warframe’s brand STRENGTHS is choice/options for progression within it’s myriad of combat systems.

As I understand it,  is neither combat nor Choice here.  It is the very opposite of the Chrysalis System.

You have my humble criticism in that I believe it harms the brand to require a mode like this more than DE thinks/knows. It erodes every-day consumer confidence by dictating that time must be served.

And you have some players being put off by the entirety of the update when they learn this  if the responses here are any indicator.

Fishing and mining have alternatives. In PoE, you have thumpers, in Vallis, you have the orbs, and in Deimos, you have the vaults, but conservation has no alternative. You can't even get Son tokens any other way. Meanwhile, in Fortuna, you could get the various tokens via the token exchange guy.

8 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Doing the laundry and emptying the trash aren't much effort, but that's not how I want to be spending my game time. The previous open worlds offered the MMO minigame resource drops from actual WF combat with Thumpers and Orbs. There's no way around it in Deimos, not even plat, and it makes the whole thing feel like a chore.

Thumpers and The Exploiter Orb were introduced waaaaaaaaaaay past the launch date of their respective Open Worlds. I expect something similar to pop up maybe a month or two from now.

I'm not a fan, tried it when it was introduced, discovered that someone had the smoothbrained idea of making tracks WHITE in the GODDAMN SNOW! that still irks me to this very day. I believe its been changed now, but those first attempts resulted in either the creature never appearing (and it doesn't tell you where it is, which is kind of important if you're gonna shoot it) or it detected my breathing 500m away and immediately yeeted itself out of there. it sucked, but I never actually cared for floofs anyway. when the Plains got conservation, I said "thanks but no thanks".

I'll give it a chance, but the moment someone finds a cheese method for this, I'm doing it. kind of hoping that DE will make it optional again, since there seems to be enough pushback, but we'll wait and see.

Archived