Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Duviri Paradox Open world?

Blaudari

New War and Duviri Paradox won't be this year, matter of fact I doubt DE will return to the office this year. I think considering their circumstances, they've done pretty decent in getting an open world out to us,and on all platforms at once, i just wish they'd also remembered to actually reduce the grind a little bit as well. they've also learned, mainly becuase of railjack's launch, that promising stuff way in advance and then delivering half a product is no good for the game, or for the community. now it seems they will adopt an approach of working in secret and announcing updates only once they are near completion, then going for a release on all, or almost all, platforms. 

I'd rather they take their time, rushing results in mess which helps nobody. we have plenty to do with Deimos and Steel Path now, along with the usual Primes being added. we won't be having another "content drought" any time soon.

If only reason is why are not finished this project is because actors animations in this period of time they can perfected this and make it without them and maybe done by now... But i think there is a bigger reason behind that... Because this update is massive and game changing, there is also something more that we don't know but they just don't know how to finish it in a right way. Similar on what we had with Umbra qust for us to get... But here some cool idea for DE: in night time we dont have power and we are fighting against dax undead warriors, but in a day time we got our powers back but enemy are not longer undead but insted they are alive version of Dax soldiers like what we seen in cinematic sceen first qust. We know that we did fight against them before... And it can bee like in Pirate of Caribbean sceen when pirates in a day look normal and in night are skeletons. And that is why this can bee interesting way, why this planet is paradox... 

8 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

She says it when the bounty ends - either by opening the vault or by just leaving the ruins. There's no difference in lines between the 2.

Well, if that's not enough to convince you then how about this: Loid mentions "knowledge" from the Void that never left the Isolation Vaults when you move to open the vault. Dunno about you but I didn't find any of that yet.

On 2020-08-30 at 9:39 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

^A paradoxical wormhole opened up that introduced a new strain of infested that forced businesses into remote operations.

Canada went ultra-strict with recommendations.  As a result DE was limited this year but the result is a positivity rate per capita that is 15-20 x lower (last I read) than the states where I live and continue to work at the risk of exposure.

Oh man... spare me. The scare is doing little to harm you unless you’re old and compromised..... relax, you’re gonna be just fine.  

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

New War and Duviri Paradox won't be this year, matter of fact I doubt DE will return to the office this year. I think considering their circumstances, they've done pretty decent in getting an open world out to us,and on all platforms at once, i just wish they'd also remembered to actually reduce the grind a little bit as well. they've also learned, mainly becuase of railjack's launch, that promising stuff way in advance and then delivering half a product is no good for the game, or for the community. now it seems they will adopt an approach of working in secret and announcing updates only once they are near completion, then going for a release on all, or almost all, platforms. 

I'd rather they take their time, rushing results in mess which helps nobody. we have plenty to do with Deimos and Steel Path now, along with the usual Primes being added. we won't be having another "content drought" any time soon.

I agree 

In night time we dont have power and we are fighting against dax undead warriors, but in a day time we got our powers back but enemy are not longer undead, but instead they are alive version of Dax soldiers like what we seen in cinematic scene first quest. We know that we did fight against them before... And it can bee like in Pirate of Caribbean sceen when pirates in a day look normal and in night are skeletons. And that is why this can bee interesting way, with this specific planet in paradox world...So it would be refreshing and new experiance

r0DUzyl.jpg

here some image that i create for this idea that i have...

DE never said it's canceled, so it's still upcoming expansion.

Personally i am excited about it.

At least i hope DE will not disapoint us in FINALLY will give us solid piece of lore, explaining what Void tuely is.

So far taht the only allien entety in entire game, but also very enigmatic.

On 2020-08-30 at 8:28 AM, Blaudari said:

what happened?

covid-19 happened an delayed the progress of it.
most likely the people who were working on that got sick or are unable to do the work to have it released at this time.
so maybe those who were already working on the HoD were able to get it up an running, so DE pushed that so we would atleast have something fancy an new

Restrictions are still in place here in Canada. And with cases on the rise a second wave is expected to happen in the fall. Everything that's being done is to  basically soften  the blow to ensure hospitals and other healthcare facilities arnt overrun with it.

It's not scare tactics it's just how the Provincial and Federal governments are handling it. Canada's been doing quite well but the damage economically is only getting worse.

I honestly hope players can be patient with DE because we have no idea how long this will last. It might get worse before its gets better (Not by the illness itself but by the polices the Province of Ontario and the Feds impliment). Its going to effect what they can do at home compared to having all assets.

7 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

Oh man... spare me. The scare is doing little to harm you unless you’re old and compromised..... relax, you’re gonna be just fine.  

Make no mistake, the majority of people are gonna be fine. That much was never in question once the virus was understood. It's mortality is 3-ish% - and that's probably not counting the many, many Asymptomatic cases that never get caught, so maybe even lower.

Asymptomatic cases still spread the pathogen however. And 3% doesn't sound like much until it's 3% of 25 million and counting upwards all the time. That's the danger posed by Covid, and that's why even people who are extremely low risk factors still need to observe good practice and restrictions. Making that 3% of as few people as possible is the goal here.

In short - the restrictions are 100% not a scare. It's legitimate.

Covid-19 happened. 

This thread should be locked because of all the horrible political talk.

Get your politics and world events out of my video game forum please. Just say the pandemic delayed it and let's move on. Because regardless of how you politically feel about the current situation, that is the reason. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived