Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

give k-drive blink

JohnnyTsunami1337

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

as i already said, imo it would bring more variety to openworld movement. i think for some players it would be a welcome addition

Variety already exists, if you really want to go fast then archwing but you could also use a K-drive and not worry about rushing to a certain location

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (XB1)C11H22O11:

Variety already exists, if you really want to go fast then archwing but you could also use a K-drive and not worry about rushing to a certain location

are you using k-drive frequently? is anyone? would like to see the stats on that. this is just a simple idea that could make k-dirve more popular. if you dont like it, ok. but i think i would make sense to do it

• 2 months later...

i dont use it, because its too slow.

give it something like a blink. it has to have something like operator or archwing to skip some distance

maybe a second mode, where yyou drive a bit higher above the ground, that would be nice too.

but please make it faster first. maybe if it comes to having a blink at k-drive it should not only push you forward, but also a bit higher, otherwise I probably will be stuck somewhere all the time

would be great

Personally there are times I prefer the K-Drive, as its more fun from a "kinesthetic" point of view, plus, it has this cool mod which gives you energy with the more tricks you perform, thus charging your energy en route to your objective in OW maps. And no, no energy pizzas for me. They're not interesting xD

Archwing is for when im in a hurry.

This would be great 

I support the idea, not because I think it's good but because I think the results would be hilarious 

Give everything blink. Make a new Warframe that blinks instead of rolling or dodging. A sword that blinks on heavy attack. A Necramech that blinks. A gun that blinks the bullets into enemies. Idgaf, would be glorious

Am 2.9.2020 um 18:25 schrieb JohnnyTsunami1337:

please give k-drive a blink.

if k-drive is almost as fast as operator or archwing, more people will use ist.

imo it has to have a blink. as far as i can see at least i would use it more often

would be great.

thanks

no! there is still the strange bug and you can easily land under the map.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTsunami1337 said:

i dont use it, because its too slow.

give it something like a blink. it has to have something like operator or archwing to skip some distance

maybe a second mode, where yyou drive a bit higher above the ground, that would be nice too.

but please make it faster first. maybe if it comes to having a blink at k-drive it should not only push you forward, but also a bit higher, otherwise I probably will be stuck somewhere all the time

would be great

First they need to fix the problem that it constantly glitches you out of bounds and under the map, allowing for exploit situations for some people and just general glitchiness for everyone else. 

But secondly, yes, it does need something to make it catch up better with archwings on open world, but I don't think just giving it blink is the answer. As some have said, terrain is still an issue. 

I've thought of maybe special k-drive "portals" that pop up on the map when using a k-drive, and you can boost through them to teleport to other areas of the map to quickly get close to objectives and stuff. Idk, maybe something like that. 

Something needs to make it a better alternative and not just a gimmick, but I don't think copying blink is the answer, even if my idea is bad too. 

How about adding the option to fly an Archwing and drive a K-drive at the same time intead?

With some improvements in performance over using either and worse maneuverability.

Blink would ofc. be available, since you're using an Archwing.

K-drive only can still stay for the niche of using abilities while driving.

In all honesty, no matter how fast you make K drives, they will never EVER compete archwing, and no one will use them. Thinking they just don't have enough speed isn't focusing on their real problem

By nature, they are terrestrial. Archwings are aerial. In transportation, aerial will always be better than ground transport. No ifs or buts.

We should not make K-Drives an alternative to Archwings. Otherwise, K-Drives loses any value it has and has nothing to differentiate itself.

We should look at what differentiates it.

If Archwings are the primary transport vehicle of choice, warframes/necramechs are the primary combat vehicle of choice, then K-Drives could be the primary utility vehicle of choice.

"Utility" as in?

> Allow Fishing rods and mining beams to be usable on K-Drives
> K-Drives are currently ideal for cave traversal and water traversal than on foot, and ofc, the only method of transport in waterlogged caves.
> Allow the use of warframe abilities on K Drives (Upper body animation only abilities.)
> Allow use of melee weapons on K-Drives but to perform a drive-by attack instead of the usual melee combos (melee combos wouldn't make sense really.)
> Unlike archwings, K-Drives are usable indoors. This makes them perfect for any getaway-type missions
> More unique mods for K Drives.

And by Unique mods, bear in mind that K-Drives don't have innate damage or abilities, nor do they have any health bars. This makes K-Drives the most PERFECT item in the game for modding. Why? Because you are not bound to use Health, Crit chance, crit damage etc mods like you are in warframes and weapons.

In other words: There is no such thing as "Mandatory mods" in K-Drives

Because of this, we can have unique mods that players don't normally use.
For example:

On max boosted speed: +2% health regen per second. (This isn't immortality, because you can't use secondary weapons while boosting in-game right now)
On Sit: +20% K-Drive launch per second. ( If you didn't know, you can sit on K-drives by crouching when not moving)
On Dismount: K-Drive Impales and kills any enemy it contacts on its dismounted launch
On Grounded Sideswipe: Enemy enemy on hit are killed. (This already happens in game if you sideswipe while airborne.)
Mounted Turret mod: Allows use of Archguns while on K-drives. -50% top speed and acceleration.

K-Drives also needs better physics. Currently it feels like they weight several tonnes when you run off a cliff/slope (as if gravity is stronger on Kdrives for some reason)

It physically can't ever be as fast as Archwing without literally letting them fly. In no world can they be made that fast and still be functional just because of terrain, even if collisions didn't cause you to fly off of them. And blinking would be horribly cumbersome to use again because of the terrain.

But because of that they can't be anything other than a "for fun" gimmick. Slower than Archwing for travel, slows down all open world activities, and the combat gimmicks are too limiting to seriously consider. The big flaw in their design isn't anything about K-Drives themselves but that DE didn't commit to limiting Archwings in open worlds like they mentioned during Fortuna's development.

If you do want them to be fast however then go invest into Magus Drive from Little Duck. The speed it grants is already excessive for how easy it is to fly off a k-drive but does make them a lot of fun for travel.

Archived