Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

38 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Is that much better than asking a whole team to have to play around Limbo instead?

I've got nothing against Limbo players, but the issue I do take is people who aren't acutely aware of how invasive Limbo can be to other people, and finding good Limbo players is about as likely as finding water in a desert at the end of a rainbow on February 29th.

I agree good limbo players are hard to come by. But why not at least try to utilize what the Warframe community has been notoriously good at? And that is helping new or inexperienced players by explaining how the game / or frame works. If they are just a bad person they won't listen so just ignore them. Like I said above it's not the Limbo's fault it's the limbo Player!

Idk why, but I'm seeing repetitive comments about how you are going to leave if you see this and that type of Limbo. That was not the topic of this post. Even though I clarified in an edit, it seems to me, half of these are comments from people who didn't even read the whole thing. So let me clarify one last time-

I'm asking people to not leave IMMEDIATELY after a Limbo joins the squad. You have all the rights to play the game however you want and leave when you encounter something annoying. I have absolutely nothing against that.

19 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Because people dont like other players controlling who and when they can kill. Nor do they like enemeis being frozen completely who arent a direct threat to mission objectives. 

This.  I don’t care how invincible it makes you if you freeze enemies at spawn points at the edge of the map or drop surprise weapon nullifier traps all over the place for the rest of your squad and then tout how great your Limbo build is.

Literally, the only choice we have is to leave.  I once asked a Limbo player to please stop, and I got inner-city cussed out for 2 minutes straight for daring to say anything.

So if you run PUG for 95% of the game where his survival skills aren’t more important than squad mobility and kill efficiency, all we have left as a choice is to leave.

9 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Because some missions with Limbo are utter cancer. I see Limbo in ESO - I quit. I see max range Limbo in some intricate defense tile - I quit. Stop bringing this garbage frame into missions where he doesn't belong.

can we stop this pls? I was talking about how people leave before the mission even begins. How do you know the limbo that just joined has brought max range cataclysm or whatever it is you dislike before he even did anything? The amount of these kind of replies are getting annoying. Nobody's judging you for leaving when you encounter troll or annoying Limbo, but for leaving as soon as you see a Limbo assuming they are troll before they had any chance to do anything.

Только что, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf сказал:

can we stop this pls? I was talking about how people leave before the mission even begins. How do you know the limbo that just joined has brought max range cataclysm or whatever it is you dislike before he even did anything? The amount of these kind of replies are getting annoying. Nobody's judging you for leaving when you encounter troll or annoying Limbo, but for leaving as soon as you see a Limbo assuming they are troll before they had any chance to do anything.

It does take precisely 1 cast to find out. And I don't recall a single Limbo who didn't run overextended in pubs. Specifically in ESO, there's no reason to stick around to find out. Limbo in ESO is invariably either a leecher, or a pain in the ass.

2 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It does take precisely 1 cast to find out. And I don't recall a single Limbo who didn't run overextended in pubs. Specifically in ESO, there's no reason to stick around to find out. Limbo in ESO is invariably either a leecher, or a pain in the ass.

Seems like I can't really make anyone understand why I made this post and why it's not related to people leaving after they get trolled by Limbo.

22 minutes ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Seems like I can't really make anyone understand why I made this post and why it's not related to people leaving after they get trolled by Limbo.

Because most people just read the word "Limbo" got triggered, and went on a rant about the last time a Limbo trolled them. 

It's the reason I rarely play Limbo in public anymore, so tired of getting grief when I haven't even used an ability. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's the reason I rarely play Limbo in public anymore, so tired of getting grief when I haven't even used an ability. 

Honestly depends on the mission type. You don't wanna see a Limbo in say, a survival or onslaught mission. Excavation and Mdef on the other hand, most people are more than glad to see a Limbo in their team.

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Honestly depends on the mission type. You don't wanna see a Limbo in say, a survival or onslaught mission. Excavation and Mdef on the other hand, most people are more than glad to see a Limbo in their team.

I never take him on "non limbo missions" if that makes sense (at least not in public), and I keep my range low and I can't remember I the last time I cast Banish even on an enemy. 

But I suppose if I rarely take him in public anymore that means I really can't be that good a current judge of how much grief I would really get just for loading in with him. 

Back when I used to play him in public more, he either still had the really annoying form of stasis, or was the old, really anti-coop Limbo, so I may not be up to date. 

3 hours ago, EDM774 said:

But why not at least try to utilize what the Warframe community has been notoriously good at? And that is helping new or inexperienced players by explaining how the game / or frame works. If they are just a bad person they won't listen so just ignore them. Like I said above it's not the Limbo's fault it's the limbo Player!

Because in the specific circumstance of Limbo many people have tried again and again to explain things, often people don't or won't listen or worse continue to do so out of spite.

It isn't possible to teach people who refuse to learn, and historically many people have run into that exact issue, community or no it is exhausting having to give the same spiel every time. People have gotten tired of trying and never seeing the same thing over and over again, so I can't blame people for just leaving and sparing themselves the trouble.

Most people don't understand and or appreciate what Limbo can bring to the table. There's a few reasons for this from my experience.

1 the player using Limbo doesn't know what their doing as they are still learning Limbo

2 the obvious leech-bo

3 the lazy-bo (max range and duration)

4 the troll-bo (same as lazy-bo but much, much worse)

Most good limbo's all 10 or 20 of us all are really darn good with limbo's kit and can adapt to the situation. Me personally a run a max range max strength Limbo so I can clap away trash mobs with my cataclysm, which I leave up for no more that a second or two to get some breathing room, most of the time I'm hopping in and out of the rift to get in a good position to slaughter enemies with my weapons, acting as a decoy for my team against hard hitting enemies, reviving teammates that are literally surrounded.

Do I freeze enemies? Sometimes but that is conditional such as excavation.

Do I banish? Nope waste of an ability slot that I plan on replacing.

Do I use the snare ability that pulls more enemies in the rift? Absolutely not, why would I want hostile’s in the rift with me. This ability is the other candidate for replacing for me.

The biggest thing most good Limbo players do is listen to the team and maintain situational awareness.

To Limbo haters

If you don't communicate then you are at the mercy of what that Limbo sees as necessary for completing the objective upto and including stadium sized bubbles with frozen enemies.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Arkane Wisdom said:

Most people don't understand and or appreciate what Limbo can bring to the table. There's a few reasons for this from my experience.

1 the player using Limbo doesn't know what their doing as they are still learning Limbo

2 the obvious leech-bo

3 the lazy-bo (max range and duration)

4 the troll-bo (same as lazy-bo but much, much worse)

Most good limbo's all 10 or 20 of us all are really darn good with limbo's kit and can adapt to the situation. Me personally a run a max range max strength Limbo so I can clap away trash mobs with my cataclysm, which I leave up for no more that a second or two to get some breathing room, most of the time I'm hopping in and out of the rift to get in a good position to slaughter enemies with my weapons, acting as a decoy for my team against hard hitting enemies, reviving teammates that are literally surrounded.

Do I freeze enemies? Sometimes but that is conditional such as excavation.

Do I banish? Nope waste of an ability slot that I plan on replacing.

Do I use the snare ability that pulls more enemies in the rift? Absolutely not, why would I want hostile’s in the rift with me. This ability is the other candidate for replacing for me.

The biggest thing most good Limbo players do is listen to the team and maintain situational awareness.

To Limbo haters

If you don't communicate then you are at the mercy of what that Limbo sees as necessary for completing the objective upto and including stadium sized bubbles with frozen enemies.

Rift Surge and Banish are almost never used in public by most Limbo's. 

How I wish I could Helminth both of them off my frame. 

Why did DE give us Banish? They should have just come up with something unique based on his theme instead... what a mess. 

I hate it when I'm lv weapons is when some idiot brings a fast nova. Making it more difficult to aim. Or bring it to a sortie def, I saved a few missions where snova was a liability with stasis limbo. In the end its just about a clash in valid tactics, slow and steady or fast and dangerous. Unfortunately theres a mob mentally where players are trying to force their opinion on others by "telling" them to stop and expecting the player to comply. As mentioned by several players if you dont like the tactics the squads are using just leave at extraction point. Its a waste of time leaving half way in mission, if you do it show your own shortcomings.

10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Why did DE give us Banish? They should have just come up with something unique based on his theme instead... what a mess. 

Thermal sunder great on cataclysm limbo by the way.

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Because banish is the only feasible ability they could give from Limbo, his 2 and 3 required enemies to be in the rift with Limbo to be used right and so that leaves his 1 and 4 and I can't see DE giving cataclysm* as the ability, that would be like giving out excalibur's blade or ivara's bow. So that leaves banish, unless they turned limbo's passive into a active ability, which could potentially make it so that any warframe could become a leech.

2 часа назад, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf сказал:

Dude, it's really simple. People leave from Limbo because they don't like playing with him. Because even at best behavior, Limbo is annoying. Now, when I run pub mission and see Limbo in squad when I'd rather not, I have 2 options:

1)start arguing with randoms in chat about how they should and shouldn't play the game while I'm around.

2)just leave and let Limbo player go his merry way.

Which option sounds better to everybody involved?

Despite the Limbo can stop the time+enemies and sometimes block the objectives I do not hate them and not leaving missions if a Limbo there even if the another 3 player is Limbo. There is some benefit to having Limbo in the squad but if you have a solid plan and the mission is differ from what you wanted then it is fine to not be too happy but it is still not a tragedy. Limbos playing more or less in the public endless missions where they can level themselves or just testing their limits. On non endless missions very rare the chance to find a Limbo and even smaller if you consider new frames are coming and the variety highly increasing. 

Limbo can be used good or badly but most people will always find him bad no matter what doing. Limbos can be very useful for any team if you recruit them otherwise it all depends on the Limbo player and on the other to understand how he operating. Each frame should have some kind of mini exploration on what to use and how to use them on team play.

Limbo is a frame that can play alone because he can just leave the plane and rift out himself from the danger and can put eveything else in his domain. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Arkane Wisdom said:

Because banish is the only feasible ability they could give from Limbo, his 2 and 3 required enemies to be in the rift with Limbo to be used right and so that leaves his 1 and 4 and I can't see DE giving cataclysm* as the ability, that would be like giving out excalibur's blade or ivara's bow. So that leaves banish, unless they turned limbo's passive into a active ability, which could potentially make it so that any warframe could become a leech.

Why not a modified version of stasis, some kind of non rift based time stop ability with some limitations to not step on Limbo's toes too much... Idk, they could have been more creative. No one made them copy and paste abilities from more unique frames. They chose that direction and now we have to deal with this mess. 

Yeah, no, I'll still leave.
It's not that I think the player is a troll, but I simply don't enjoy playing with a Limbo in my squad.
I also do not think it is rude nor a bad thing to leave - if you don't like something, you should avoid it.
It's not like there rest of the squad needs your presence to succeed.

Archived