Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

51 minutes ago, AzureFlash said:

Notice how the rethoric of insulting the intelligence of everyone who has issues with Limbo is only intensifying...

This is why people don't like you, Limbo mains.

Limbo is a peak example of "more than meets the eye". Though if this ignorance keeps Limbo from being nerfed to the ground like the other more obvious over powered things in the game, and possibly allow more improvements like with helminth, then I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Also bold of you to assume humans, a species that keeps destroying its own home planet, are intelligent to begin with. 

33 minutes ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Limbo is a peak example of "more than meets the eye". Though if this ignorance keeps Limbo from being nerfed to the ground like the other more obvious over powered things in the game, and possibly allow more improvements like with helminth, then I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Also bold of you to assume humans, a species that keeps destroying its own home planet, are intelligent to begin with. 

Your hatred and contempt for your peers is more than meets the eye as well, it seems. Never expected a moral high-roader like you to say something even more extreme than I've ever said. In once sentence, you're implying that everyone is trying to destroy the planet, that they are doing so with intent and that it's their nature as humans, and that all humans are completely unintelligent.

Your use of Limbo and your obnoxious --Q-- tag make a lot more sense under that light. You could've used your thread to acknowledge Limbo's issues and plead with DE to make Limbo less irritating for everyone so that maybe a few years after substantial Limbo reworks even I might come not to flee him on sight, instead you chose to start this dumpster fire.

why would i waste my time waiting to see if a limbo is gonna banish me constantly or not? why would i waste my time explaining to them that theyre @#&$ blocking the mission? Its far better for me to just dip out and reroll a squad. Its not my job to babysit someone else nor am I inclined to tolerate something that messes with my game, I dont wanna get banished, I dont wanna have to roll out of the rift, i dont want my guns to suddenly stop working, I dont want my eyes to burn and my screen to be covered in a S#&$ty looking filter, I dont want someone to just turn off the game when I want to play.

I'm not gonna tell you how to play, just as I dont want to be told how to play. So if youre a limbo on literally any mission, RQ banshee/slowva on defense, speed spam volt on literally anything, a frost that doesnt pop his bubbles, a loki/valkyr that moves me around or a nidus that wont stop linking with me and ruining my fashion im gone. i dont care about your feelings, i dont care that you have a S#&$ty laptop and dailup and loading a mission takes you 10 minutes. If youre messing with my game I have no obligation to sit there and deal with it.

Instead of asking people to stop leaving when they see limbo maybe just play limbo solo? i mean thats way easier for everyone involved and it will fix the host migration problem and constant leaving unlike asking people on the forum to "pwetty pwease dont weave give wimbo a chance"

1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

why would i waste my time waiting to see if a limbo is gonna banish me constantly or not? why would i waste my time explaining to them that theyre @#&$ blocking the mission? Its far better for me to just dip out and reroll a squad. Its not my job to babysit someone else nor am I inclined to tolerate something that messes with my game, I dont wanna get banished, I dont wanna have to roll out of the rift, i dont want my guns to suddenly stop working, I dont want my eyes to burn and my screen to be covered in a S#&$ty looking filter, I dont want someone to just turn off the game when I want to play.

Lemme guess, you don't like rolling to avoid incoming damage either, huh? And you want to ban Frosts, Garas, Volts, Novas, Lokis, Wukongs, Octavias and probably every other warframe, operator ability and weapon with a visual effect in the game too?

I'm not gonna tell you how to play, just as I dont want to be told how to play. So if youre a limbo on literally any mission, RQ banshee/slowva on defense, speed spam volt on literally anything, a frost that doesnt pop his bubbles, a loki/valkyr that moves me around or a nidus that wont stop linking with me and ruining my fashion im gone. i dont care about your feelings, i dont care that you have a S#&$ty laptop and dailup and loading a mission takes you 10 minutes. If youre messing with my game I have no obligation to sit there and deal with it.

Yup, nailed it. Have you ever considered taking up the sport of checkers instead of videogames as a passtime?

Instead of asking people to stop leaving when they see limbo maybe just play limbo solo? i mean thats way easier for everyone involved and it will fix the host migration problem and constant leaving unlike asking people on the forum to "pwetty pwease dont weave give wimbo a chance"

Trust me, you're absolutely free to leave the squad if you don't want to play with Limbo. Pretty sure nobody will object to that one for long, even if it causes host migration.

(BTW they took out the "Stasis stops your bullets from moving when you fire inside of the bubble" a LOOOOONG time ago. Just saying.)

Limbo is fine in Mobile Defense, excavation and interception. Lots of frames work well in certain mission types and are inefficient in others. It's fine to book it if you see a limbo in a Defense mission, I don't even like limbo and I play him where necessary. However,  if you are just blindly hating limbo and refuse to play with him you're kinda weird bro idk what to tell you, maybe learn to understand you and your kills are not important and keep your focus on the objective

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Lemme guess, you don't like rolling to avoid incoming damage either, huh? And you want to ban Frosts, Garas, Volts, Novas, Lokis, Wukongs, Octavias and probably every other warframe, operator ability and weapon with a visual effect in the game too?

Yup, nailed it. Have you ever considered taking up the sport of checkers instead of videogames as a passtime?

Trust me, you're absolutely free to leave the squad if you don't want to play with Limbo. Pretty sure nobody will object to that one for long, even if it causes host migration.

(BTW they took out the "Stasis stops your bullets from moving when you fire inside of the bubble" a LOOOOONG time ago. Just saying.)

-i never said anything about banning anything, Warframe is a visually cluttered mess once abilties and guns and everything gets going but thats not the same as my entire screen instantly changing color(usually to white) blinding me and in general looking like ass. Also rolling to avoid damage isnt the same as rolling to get out of the rift or out of volt speed, nice false equivalency there.

-i dont see what youre getting at, i dont like other people negatively affecting my experience so i should go play a board game instead? is this some sorta "haha gotem" moment for you?

-Youre right i am, my post was framed as a reply to the OP who was making the case for not ditching limbos so he and others dont have to deal with it when the expedient solution is for limbos to stay in solo. Kinda funny you mention how nobody would object to it though given OP is infact objecting to such behavior.

-I like how you assume i dont know how limbo works(like most people defending this frames existence like to do) with the guns not working comment while ignoring that if you get rifted you cant shoot anything that isnt rifted, which is what I was referring to.

8 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

-i never said anything about banning anything, Warframe is a visually cluttered mess once abilties and guns and everything gets going but thats not the same as my entire screen instantly changing color(usually to white) blinding me and in general looking like ass. Also rolling to avoid damage isnt the same as rolling to get out of the rift or out of volt speed, nice false equivalency there.

No you just don't want people to use them in missions that you are in. Ever. If you had your way they would not play any frame that could impact on your play. Right? 

-i dont see what youre getting at, i dont like other people negatively affecting my experience so i should go play a board game instead? is this some sorta "haha gotem" moment for you?

You wouldn't have to deal with the "problems" that many frames and weapons cause you if you did. Sounds like you would be a lot happier. 

-Youre right i am, my post was framed as a reply to the OP who was making the case for not ditching limbos so he and others dont have to deal with it when the expedient solution is for limbos to stay in solo. Kinda funny you mention how nobody would object to it though given OP is infact objecting to such behavior.

No, pretty sure that with the attitude that you have towards others playing the game as intended, even the OP would make an exception pretty quickly. 

-I like how you assume i dont know how limbo works(like most people defending this frames existence like to do) with the guns not working comment while ignoring that if you get rifted you cant shoot anything that isnt rifted, which is what I was referring to.

Good thing that rolling happens pretty regularly in the game then, for lots of reasons, as you already said. 

Oh that's right, you said you don't want to roll out of the rift if you're in it. So... How much do you love checkers? 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No you just don't want people to use them in missions that you are in. Ever. If you had your way they would not play any frame that could impact on your play. Right? 

You wouldn't have to deal with the "problems" that many frames and weapons cause you if you did. Sounds like you would be a lot happier. 

No, pretty sure that with the attitude that you have towards others playing the game as intended, even the OP would make an exception pretty quickly. 

Good thing that rolling happens pretty regularly in the game then, for lots of reasons, as you already said. 

Oh that's right, you said you don't want to roll out of the rift if you're in it. So... How much do you love checkers? 

-The only frame that I leave the game on sight is limbo, the others are behavior based like frosts constantly leaving bubbles in disruptive places and not popping them or volts casting speed every 8 seconds. I dont want them to not use their stuff ever, I just dont want them to be annoying with it. The difference between those things and limbo is that use of limbos kit is inherently annoying even when that isnt the intention of the user. The solution to this is for me to leave the game, not tell them how to play or wish they would stop existing

I also wouldnt take anything I mentioned from someone else, youre so quick to assume that those frames/behaviors annoying me means I would remove them from the game if I could. I wouldnt as people like different stuff, limbos like turning off the game and afk'ing just like I like dropping tornadoes on things and flying around and removing them would be ridiculous. Imagine removing frosts bubble, nonsense.

-The idea that some (thankfully uncommon) occurrences bother me so i should stop playing entirely is silly, yea they bother me but not enough to drive me away into the arms of checkers when the solution is two clicks away. I'm plenty happy just leaving the squad when I see one of those aforementioned things and carrying on with my day in a different one.

-"Playing as intended" is a matter of perspective, im sure that someone going off to hydron thinks theyre "playing as intended" when they bring a slowva to a defense. After all the enemies will be slowed, cutting their damage output and making them more vulnerable which are all good things to have. except when everyone else's idea of playing hydron "as intended" is to murder absolutely everything as fast as possible to get that sweet sweet affinity. As for limbos "playing as intended" the usage of the frame "as intended" is annoying and disruptive and clashes with me(and clearly many other people) playing as intended.

So tell me, who should be considered first? the limbo or the not-limbo. Why should I or anyone else who isnt playing limbo stay in a squad with one who is negatively affecting our gameplay simply by using the tools given with no malicious intent. If the defense for limbo is "thats just how his kit is" then perhaps limbo's should stick to solo to avoid this whole situation in the first place. Alternatively limbo's can keep running pubs and recognize other peoples point of view and just live with people exercising their only recourse to the disruption limbo presents by leaving the game. This solves the problem for all parties, limbo doesnt get *@##$ed at and doesnt have to walk on eggshells or avoid using his kit so people dont get mad and the people that leave dont have to deal with limbo being limbo. Sure this inevitably puts limbos through host migrations but that goes both ways as the person who left also has to go through the whole song and dance of loading out then loading in again.

-Yea rolling does happen alot, when necessary or beneficial. You see, I have this crazy idea that doing something like rolling in response to an enemy action to counter said enemy action is fine and not annoying at all whereas needing to do something like rolling to counter something inflicted upon me randomly without any warning whatsoever by a teammate that directly inhibits my ability to play the game is annoying.

------

This, like every limbo argument, is never gonna end and I dont fancy spending an eternity arguing back and forth over whats annoying and what isnt whats disruptive and what isnt. I only came here to drop my two cents and leave because its a limbo thread and adding fuel to a limbo thread fire is something i consider an obligatory duty of all warframe players.

also checkers is ok but connect four is more fun.

15 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

The only frame that I leave the game on sight is limbo, the others are behavior based like frosts constantly leaving bubbles in disruptive places and not popping them or volts casting speed every 8 seconds. I dont want them to not use their stuff ever, I just dont want them to be annoying with it. The difference between those things and limbo is that use of limbos kit is inherently annoying even when that isnt the intention of the user. The solution to this is for me to leave the game, not tell them how to play or wish they would stop existing

So, like I said you have problems or dislikes with a wide variety of the possible combinations of the game. 

Because Limbos kit is really great at specific things. Eidolon hunting comes to mind. Mobile def, comes to mind. Rescue and spy both come to mind. Those annoying void def style things where the objective seems to always find the dumbest place to go for a stroll. Looking for caches, syndicate tokens, and statues, all come to mind. Thermia fractures, and Scarlet Spear, come to mind. 

24 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

I also wouldnt take anything I mentioned from someone else, youre so quick to assume that those frames/behaviors annoying me means I would remove them from the game if I could. I wouldnt as people like different stuff, limbos like turning off the game and afk'ing just like I like dropping tornadoes on things and flying around and removing them would be ridiculous. Imagine removing frosts bubble, nonsense

Yeah, about as nonsense as quitting because someone is using a Limbo. 

But hey, do you. 

26 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

The idea that some (thankfully uncommon) occurrences bother me so i should stop playing entirely is silly, yea they bother me but not enough to drive me away into the arms of checkers when the solution is two clicks away. I'm plenty happy just leaving the squad when I see one of those aforementioned things and carrying on with my day in a different one.

Ain't no need to even click once in checkers, since there ain't no Limbos ever. Just saying. 

28 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

"Playing as intended" is a matter of perspective, im sure that someone going off to hydron thinks theyre "playing as intended" when they bring a slowva to a defense. After all the enemies will be slowed, cutting their damage output and making them more vulnerable which are all good things to have. except when everyone else's idea of playing hydron "as intended" is to murder absolutely everything as fast as possible to get that sweet sweet affinity. As for limbos "playing as intended" the usage of the frame "as intended" is annoying and disruptive and clashes with me(and clearly many other people) playing as intended.

Ahhhh, well then you are going to need recruiting chat so that you don't have to worry about other people's "playing as intended" not being the same as your "playing as intended, aren't you? 

32 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

So tell me, who should be considered first? the limbo or the not-limbo. Why should I or anyone else who isnt playing limbo stay in a squad with one who is negatively affecting our gameplay simply by using the tools given with no malicious intent. If the defense for limbo is "thats just how his kit is" then perhaps limbo's should stick to solo to avoid this whole situation in the first place. Alternatively limbo's can keep running pubs and recognize other peoples point of view and just live with people exercising their only recourse to the disruption limbo presents by leaving the game. This solves the problem for all parties, limbo doesnt get *@##$ed at and doesnt have to walk on eggshells or avoid using his kit so people dont get mad and the people that leave dont have to deal with limbo being limbo. Sure this inevitably puts limbos through host migrations but that goes both ways as the person who left also has to go through the whole song and dance of loading out then loading in again.

Typically the player with the black checkers is the one who plays first. In warframe, the player who is playing efficiently tends to be considered to be an asset, if that's what you are asking. We already established that almost any player might annoy you, at any time. And I've shown how Limbo can do a great job when the person knows how and when to use the abilities. Since you don't assume that all Frosts, will suck, despite his bubble actively protecting any enemies within from your guns, why assume that the Limbo will suck?

I've run into some great Limbo's, and I've run into terrible frosts. Not going to assume that everyone using either is a moron until they go ahead and prove it. 

41 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Yea rolling does happen alot, when necessary or beneficial. You see, I have this crazy idea that doing something like rolling in response to an enemy action to counter said enemy action is fine and not annoying at all whereas needing to do something like rolling to counter something inflicted upon me randomly without any warning whatsoever by a teammate that directly inhibits my ability to play the game is annoying.

Most of the time I find that Limbo's banish is either an accident because I ran in front of a target, or my fault for stepping into his tears. In either case a quick double tap gets it fixed. 

44 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

This, like every limbo argument, is never gonna end and I dont fancy spending an eternity arguing back and forth over whats annoying and what isnt whats disruptive and what isnt. I only came here to drop my two cents and leave because its a limbo thread and adding fuel to a limbo thread fire is something i consider an obligatory duty of all warframe players.

Something to do with the amount of sodium in the diet and the number of edgy youtu.be videos watched in a single sitting I figure. 

I'm just waiting for SS to come back and hear people begging for a Limbo to join the squad all over again. 

47 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

also checkers is ok but connect four is more fun.

Then you should try gomoku. No Limbos in that either last time I checked. 

7 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

You sound really high maintenance and high key for a coop game. Maybe you should try recruit chat or play solo? 

On 2020-09-16 at 4:54 PM, Alexcavalera said:

Give this man a NOBEL! He must be so smart!! He solved the mistery of Limbos hate! its because we are bad players, and Limbo mains are the best ones! They are the special ones!
Problem solved!
Everybody (except Limbo Mains) need to Git Gud!!
Thanks Einstein! You are the one, our "Neo"!
Oh my..why do i waste time here.....Need to get a life....

never said in my post that i main limbo (not that its a bad thing or smtg but anyway) and not that i said anything about limbo players being superior in any way , i just said that most players are lazy to read his abilities , that goes for other not so straight forward frames too . 

5 часов назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Because Limbos kit is really great at specific things. Eidolon hunting comes to mind.

Edit: nevermind, there is a way to use Cataclysm there. Initially my post was about accidentally or intentionally banishing your teammates but then I remembered Cataclysm prevents magnetic damage so it can be used to protect frames and lures and it also doesn't affect neither the Eidolon nor the Operator.

Personally i'd just wait and see first before making any decision, for me the only good limbo is a limbo that know when and where he should use his ability.

if i see a limbo spamming his 2 and 4 in hydron for example, i'll just abort mission, because that limbo is slowing down the mission.

advice for any new limbo player : you wanna be a good limbo? use your ability only when it's needed, and not all the time, because your ability is affecting how your squad play.

This entire  thread wouldn't exist if DE did the right thing and simply removed Limbo from the game. Remember, during Scarlet Spear Limbo was trivializing content so  much DE had to bring out the nerf bat quickly. Had DE simply removed Limbo from the game everything would have been fine...

Plus all those players that bail because a Limbo is in the squad would end up with a lower failure rate!

Win Win!!!

(and because people can't read "joking"....I am joking...well about the failure rate at least... :)

30 minutes ago, Godhands said:

advice for any new limbo player : you wanna be a good limbo? use your ability only when it's needed, and not all the time, because your ability is affecting how your squad play.

Advice for any non-so-new player (Limbo or not): If you see a new-ish player misusing any part of a warframe's kit - try talking to them instead of just aborting the mission.

Not everyone will listen to you, some will be rude (welcome to the Internet, get used to it!). But some people are quite receptive to that. And if they are just doing annoying stuff because they don't understand some game mechanics - they might be receptive to constructive feedback (emphasis on "constructive").

People using Limbo' Cataclysm (or Frost's snowglobe, or Gara's wall, or Wisp's shock mote...) on Hydron are indeed annoying - but not all of them are just there to troll. Some just don't understand why these are not the powers you should be using there. Instantly aborting the mission just makes the game's atmosphere more toxic. Try talking to them first.

On 2020-09-12 at 12:42 PM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing?

Because ultimately people are lazy when it comes to pulling their own group of players that align with their specific needs.  they'ed rather gamble with a pub game and leave at the first sign of something that doesn't fit in that box than effort out a group from the LF chat.  It's understandable.  Though as a solo player myself I no longer need to gamble with pub games.  I can just go play steel path and get the desired enemy spawns that you normally get for having a full team but by myself.

At this point i'd really only group up to open the same relics or if I feel lazy and want someone else to affinity farm for me.

2 hours ago, Noobasique said:

Edit: nevermind, there is a way to use Cataclysm there. Initially my post was about accidentally or intentionally banishing your teammates but then I remembered Cataclysm prevents magnetic damage so it can be used to protect frames and lures and it also doesn't affect neither the Eidolon nor the Operator.

Yup. Limbo can be used to solo the eidolons, so he can be used to carry a squad. I learned that in a Terry hunt. Thought I would have a completely useless squad mate and two people bailed from the squad. He ended up carrying me. I was pretty confused but insanely impressed, and hopped on the mic and we talked about what had happened. We went for a few more runs and I can tell you they were absolutely cheesed by Limbo's kit. 

What i think about all this is that when you are so sensitive about others not doing your thing/not "cooperating" with some imaginary rules that only you know, like "when i see saryn and i need kills but i play hildryn" then you should play solo instead of that limbo guy.

I dont give a @%#& what frame plays with me, i will get kills sooner or later, and when one need kills/slowva/speedva, why wont you just recruit whatever you want from squad? Why wont you play with clanmates? Dont expect random squads to be always full of optimal frames that have builds just in your favour. I think people should be more mature and things like from the thread i saw above this one, that says "can we kick people that play limbo from squads" are utter garbage and show how childish people are. "I wont play with him because he bad!!". The same goes with every other thing. What is that, a race of who gets more numbers? I personally enjoy people racing for kills because i get more loot without need of work. Cataclysm, free CC. Strangledome, free CC + way of getting more kills for khora. Peacemaker, nice mob cleaner. If they have those then good lol. Im more happy because i dont need to work myself. But no, people lazy and they just keep leaving matches to find "that 1 group". 

Archived