Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

Just now, LagerhausJonny said:

False. Thats exactly the reason why signature and ultimate abilities were left out. That's also why you will still go and play Wisp ocassionally to be able to place some cabbage down for the team, which none other frame can do.

Can't believe this needs to be explained again.

Yet you can for some reason make anything invisible with subsumable Ivara's arrow. Or mind control enemies with Nyx's ability. So by your logic these aren't "signature" enough, but Mirage's Sleight of Hand is?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

Meaningless nitpicking. It needs 200% power strength to go over the initial hit but also wants tons of range thanks to only 10m base radius.

Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

So overkill damage is not damage dealt? Can you tell the stat screen that aswell? 

Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

Why not let the players decide how they can use an ability? The ability was cute but not actually that busted. Hitting for damage cap makes for a nice youtube thumbnail but that doesnt mean it's actually in a practical way. There's always a good chance of someone else killing the target before you even get the chance to do the combo.

I am so glad the mindset DE has currently was not present when bullet jumping was made. Otherwise we would still be super jumping.

You were already basically forcing people to just use finishers because otherwise hits would get affected by armor twice.

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

But people had to build for that strength. Going over 200% strength while also going for high range takes up quite a bit of build space. It shows again that DE doesnt actually want to make powerful things anymore and the only things that do become powerful and fun are on accident. An ability that is deep into the helminth system by the way, meant for experienced players.

You took a really cool and neat ability and made it trash because now it cant reliably kill anymore. Remove the overkill damage cap because that's still damage dealt. We literally see the damage numbers. In what universe does it make sense for the damage numbers you display to not be the actual damage you deal.

Edit: for the record: yes I did try out the ability after it was changed, that's why this post is worded that way.

The update is appreciated, but you're really going to leave the Void status proc untouched? 

It prevents you from headshotting enemies, lowering your damage output. 

It would be better to disable it while a long-term fix (i.e., rework) is implemented than to leave it in the game as-is.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Lythael:

Great... It started automatically optimizing the download cache.

Can you STOP forcing on us this crappy system?

I don't want to wait 6 hours to play Warframe , not everyone has or can afford super ultra fast SSDs.

In case you are not familiar what is behind download cache optimizations: it's actually asset texture compression that takes so long. And no, they cannot easily stop using that system as it would likely double or tripple the install size of the game. They could make it an option, though.

Nerfing Marked for Death to literally uselessness but not fixing other issues like that Quassus charge attacks not taking any equipped mods into consideration. Won't trigger berserker despite it critting, raw damage mods won't do anything in terms of damage increase, condition overload doesn't work, yadda yadda.

Typical DE move.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed rare case of a player's Warframe ceasing to exist after Transferring into a Necramech, resulting in an inability to Transference back into your Warframe.

YEAH!!!!

This thing was not rare at all. I had this bug like every second mission I did. What I believe made it rare is the fact it's hard to replicate and the inconsistency of it. It sometimes happened when transfering into the necramech, when transfering to operator from necramech, from warframe to necramech, from operator to necramech, sometimes with a minute delay...
That was a nightmare...

So we nerf marked for death to the ground for how it performs in the simulacrum?

Cap damage to max health of enemy, sounds good.

Cap damage to 75%, the ability is worthless.

I jumped in to the game to see how this performs; at lvl125, with a weapon that one-shots a corrupted heavy gunner, the ability can't kill even corrupted lancers.

so with a bit of efficiency and power strength we can use 27.5 energy to tickle a trash mob.

Is there any chance we could get our wasted resources back? So much wasted bile....

2 minutes ago, Rekters said:

Hahahahaha. Are you serious? So the target demographic for these cosmetics are...new players?

One:

Braton Prime, Bo Prime, Prisma Skana, Paris Prime. Lato Vandal isn't very good, but it's there too.

Two:

Yes...? They've been redoing new player experience lately and probably wanted to offer some cosmetics for newer players. Not everything must be for veterans.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

That seems totally reasonable, but can you increase the base proc chance of Trickery?  It's a very cool concept, but considering how long it takes to do finishers 15% is too low. 

15 minutes ago, baldy117 said:

what weapons are they limited to?

Braton, Bo, and all the "starter" weapons you see in the first Mission...

OSCIRA COLLECTION 

Jump into the future with the high-tech style of the Oscira Collection. Includes the Oscira Armor, Sugatra and Syananda. Plus, Bo, Braton, Kunai, Lato, Paris and Skana Skin

11 minutes ago, Grimm said:

*xata's whisper

And some people wonder we have so weird bugs in this game XD
I mean look at some of the mod descriptions lacking proper grammar...
Since coding uses keyboard as well, you get the idea... 

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Garv and his Grineer hooligans not de-spawning after doing a Bounty such as Anomaly Retrieval or Core Samples. This results in multiple Garv’s in the Cambion Drift when doing back to back Bounties.

yeah, can't wait.  I had those "hooligans" following me everywhere while I was farming for Scintillants. 

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Edit: Corrected the Oscira weapon skin names. Originally they were dedicated to the new player starter weapons, but we then changed them to be universal Staff, Pistol, Thrown Blade, Rifle, Bow, and Longsword Skins. That's my writing error - sorry!

So they are not weapons but skins? Or are they still new players weapons?

Archived