Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2020 Riven Disposition Update Preview

[DE]Connor

I think if most of you stop thinking in terms of rivens or just flat out truly think of them as optional and play warframe w/o rivens in mind and come back for updates you all would realize there is more to gaming in warframe than rivens and wouldn't care all that much about dispo changes. 

I know rivens are pretty much all that is left at endgame for most players but if you reach a point where rivens is all that is left why not just stop worrying about rivens and just play updates? 

the amount of salt I seen from ppl in dispo riven changes every 3 months is funny cause you cannot get over rivens you all way too addicted with that RNG gamble or just really want DE to completely revamp a system they think is fine but imo the only problem with rivens it is based on popularity instead of how powerful the weapon is without a riven. 

seeing every archgun, that you've touched, to receive a buff is very sweet :)

any news on modular archwings btw. (the picture with a few components looked very nice in the last real dev-stream with more than one sentence of information) ?  are there any plans to release maybe new weapons with it or do we have to wait like 1-2 years again to get a new one to play around with ?

Riven mods should never be nerfed or have stats so low that they are not worth using at all.  If you are going to set them up so that they are sorted and considered more rare than prime mods then they should be powerful, useful, desired for your build.  They should never be nerfed into obsolescence.  Even at the lowest disposition rating it should be valued above any other mod and have a significant reason to be used in a build, not nerfed or introduced as a complete and total garbage mod that would never even be considered for use.  The fact that this practice has carried on this long is just insulting.  Give us reasons to use riven mods, to be excited for getting one for a favorite weapon, not insult us with nerfing them into oblivion wasting our time farming kuva for a valuable stat roll only to see the stats lowered to the point you're better off using a simple rare mod in it's place.  This is just another insulting practice DE has adopted and stuck with instead of refining it to at the very least be a worthwhile reward every time, even if its for a disappointing weapon.

I like to see this system keep improving continuously and perform as expected. I see an increase in the dispo of the weapons that just need it, although in most cases the increase is conservative but the system is iterative so it is a matter of time.

There is a group of people who do not understand the system and aggressively complain about changes that affect their business or their ultra niche meta builds, but despite what it may seem in a forum, they are a minority.

Excellent work, keep it up! :clap:

Il y a 3 heures, DrivaMain a dit :

Prime Weapons already come with a nice stat increase

Yeah, not really.

Look at the aksomati prime compared to the base aksomati : a whole 2 points of base damage increase, a 10% status increase (on a crit weapon) and to balance that a disgusting spool up mechanic. that's not a "nice stat increase", and it clearly does NOT justify the dispo being so much worse than the original 

Tbh popularity shouldn't dictate riven dispo. It should be TOTAL rng otherwise all your doing is kneecapping the market which essentially drives the platinum trade. At this point i dont even bother with rivens anymore. If its trash without one it will be trash at some point EVEN with one so why waste time on a maybe........

1 hour ago, (XB1)Church367A said:

Riven mods should never be nerfed or have stats so low that they are not worth using at all.  If you are going to set them up so that they are sorted and considered more rare than prime mods then they should be powerful, useful, desired for your build.  They should never be nerfed into obsolescence.  Even at the lowest disposition rating it should be valued above any other mod and have a significant reason to be used in a build, not nerfed or introduced as a complete and total garbage mod that would never even be considered for use.  The fact that this practice has carried on this long is just insulting.  Give us reasons to use riven mods, to be excited for getting one for a favorite weapon, not insult us with nerfing them into oblivion wasting our time farming kuva for a valuable stat roll only to see the stats lowered to the point you're better off using a simple rare mod in it's place.  This is just another insulting practice DE has adopted and stuck with instead of refining it to at the very least be a worthwhile reward every time, even if its for a disappointing weapon.

did u forget the purpose of riven ? it is to encourage player to play weak weapons (non-meta).

il y a 3 minutes, ToKeSia a dit :

did u forget the purpose of riven ? it is to encourage player to play weak weapons (non-meta).

Weak is different from non-meta, you know. Rivens never managed to fix weak weapons.

Because +1000% of 1% is still only 10%, while +100% of 30% is a much more interesting 60%, clearly no amount of dispo change will make a rivened mk-1 braton meta, or even good.

20 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Really? Bad enough with the changes in deadlock protocol, now this? Really?? I mean come on the riven disposition is justified for a nerf somewhat but this is beating a dead horse (or however the saying goes)

completely agree. they're making people not even want to use the damn thing anymore. it's a shame

1 hour ago, ToKeSia said:

Did I ever say that riven mods should not be powerful?  No.  I argued that they should always be relevant and at the absolute very least useful and desirable over a rare mod.  As it stands, there are riven mods with stats so low that they are pointless to utilize in a build.  That should not be the case.  How does that even infer that I would want the weaker weapons to suffer?  I merely want a mod that is extremely limited in use and rare to come by that is sorted by DE themselves to be more rare than prime mods to actually be useful, even if it is at the lowest disposition, which is not the case in game.

2 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

You cannot fix low stat weapons with %stat increases from riven mods.

Take the Kraken for instance. This has a riven disposition of 1.53 and it doesn't matter. This is a burst trigger (semi auto) weapon with high recoil, low magazine size, long reload time, 5% crit chance and 13% status chance. It has a lot of things going against it but lets just ignore how unwieldy it is for a moment and lets try to save it with damage numbers.

Ok first off, you can't even do that with a disposition pass. So what if you roll +200% crit chance on a Kraken riven? That would bring its base 5% crit rate to a whopping 15%. It wouldn't matter if a Kraken riven could roll +600% crit because the base crite rate is too low to begin with.

You can nerf Kronen Prime's disposition into the ground and this also doesn't matter. It will not deter anyone from using it because it has base stats and inherent qualities that make it worth using over most melee weapons running combo builds. It has high base damage (most of it slash), high status chance (34%), a stance mod (Sovereign Outcast) with 3 different forced procs for CO (one of which is slash) and 2x and 3x damage multipliers on every hit of its neutral combo. This is an insane weapon.

And this isn't even getting into how melee weapons are unbelievably more powerful than secondary or primary weapons anyway. They have higher mod capacity, better mods (blood rush, weeping wounds etc), massive cleave and no dps downtime (no ammo to run out of and no magazine to reload).

On 2020-10-16 at 3:55 PM, (XB1)Greenguy5000 said:

the dispos are adjusted based off of usage, basically everyone and their mother is using the mausolon because its godly (im sure they take into account the default nature of it on mechs)

I feel like that should be taken into account seeing as not everyone is going to search out a riven for it. The gun is literally given to everyone who gets a mech and the mechs are being pushed on people EXTREMELY hard rn.

Another thing about rivens, not all weapons are created equally. For a slash based crit melee like Kronen Prime, lets say I get Cold, Toxin, CD and a harmless negative. A low dispo in that case is even preferable to get viral procs more in tune with the slash procs. There are so many good mods that I'd want on a melee like Primed Reach, Weeping Wounds, Condition overload, Organ Shatter, Blood Rush, Drifting Contact, Berserker and Primed Pressure Point that all I need is a way to free up slots and that is something that can't be stopped by lowering dispo, a riven is still three mods in one.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

You need to shame people that don't have self control and think they need expensive, top-class rivens to play a game. You need to shame people silly enough to spend large amounts of money or plat on single riven.

I'm proud to enjoy Rivens and be invested in acquiring high-end "endgame" enhancements that set my equipment apart from other players. I don't see the need to shame players for enjoying these, especially when they fundamentally represent a time investment. It makes sense that invested players who actually get their hands dirty with Rivens and know how flawed Dispositions are.

1 minute ago, (PS4)phelan_1988 said:

Rivens are toxic to this game and every time I read one of these threads after a change I see more of why. I'd rather just see them all gone.

I see a lot of passionate players pleaing to help make the system better. The toxicity I see is how this playerbase gangs up on players for not being in the majority bandwagon and shames them for their enjoyment of the game.

5 hours ago, TheLordOmega2 said:

Yeah, not really.

Look at the aksomati prime compared to the base aksomati : a whole 2 points of base damage increase, a 10% status increase (on a crit weapon) and to balance that a disgusting spool up mechanic. that's not a "nice stat increase", and it clearly does NOT justify the dispo being so much worse than the original 

The base aksomati is already good. It’s obvious they don’t want aksomati prime to be the new one gun to rule them all secondary. then the kuva nukor arrived but that’s another topic. 

10% status increase allows the Aksomati to proc more status often and since it’s an SMG like gun with a very high fire rate it manages to put up stacks of status in less than a second. 

Yes it is a “nice stat increase”. New weapons having 0.5 Dispo allows DE to balance new weapons to NOT rely on riven mods so they are not useless for people who doesn’t have a riven for it.

I continue to dislike the discrimination between the regular and prime riven values whereby prime variants with rivens can be outperformed by non prime variants with the same riven.  I also dislike delaying the updating of the riven values as it means it isn't clear whether it's worthwhile farming a new prime weapon if you have a riven for the original version.  We may have to wait for months to see whether it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Archived