Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

everyone does know that Plague Star already happened this year right?

VenTheWeeb

I got no idea why people think it hasn't happened. My best guess is due to quarantine messing with people's perception of time but it's probably more likely that people just want to be mad for no reason as per usual.

Although it was still expected to return soon as the last appearance was about 9 months ago which if I'm not mistaken would tie for the longest period we've had without it returning. While the average time between runs is closer to 6-7 months. And since we can expect it to not drop during a different event nor be too soon after the next running will be the longest time we've gone without it.

But really people just want to pound their head into the wall of a bounty for their "easy" Forma. When all other methods of acquiring it are less mind numbing and in most cases faster and easier. It's yet another case of people doing something far worse and refuse to accept that there are easier methods of going about it, which also happens regularly with the community.

I'm pretty sure DE stated that after the last batch of fixes to Plague Star it was supposed to run about every 6 months or so... Which ended up being never.

I'm not defending or ranting, just pointing out how it kinda was to be expected. Even if I do believe the people ranting about it didn't have that statement in mind.

if Forma was only available from plague Star, I'd understand the outrage, but it's not even the only place for built forma. it's just one of the easier ways to get a lot of it quicker. people have said themselves that they don't even enjoy Plague Star, and wouldn't even do it were it not for the Forma. DE knew this as well, and it would be good if they reworked Plague Star to be a bit more fun: then you'd see the same people singing praises for DE...funny how things change like that, huh?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's just one of the easier ways to get a lot of it quicker. people have said themselves that they don't even enjoy Plague Star, and wouldn't even do it were it not for the Forma.

Exactly. Also, things that aren't exactly fun but still popular for their rewards are 90% of what people do in Warframe. Sorties aren't fun - I just rush through them to maybe get a Riven. Fissures aren't fun at all, but I have to do them for Forma, Reactant, and parts. Farming Thralls isn't fun, but I wanted that weapon that's only available from Liches. Standing afk in a Steel Path mission certainly isn't fun, but VERY popular.

It wasn't really a once a year event. If you look at the dates on the link you provided there is a 4-7 month gap in between each event. If the event fell in the middle of the year like it did in 2019 then it was once a year. If there was one at the start of the year you were most likely to get 2 events in a year. It does not matter that we already got one in January. Based off the previous release dates we were due for another one and everyone wants their stack of built forma. 

37 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

How is that relevant to people being disappointed that their free forma are gone from the game?

Wait, what "free forma"? Built forma, yes. But free? 3k standing wasn't "free" at all, in fact was expensive and the worst way to get them using the event, since you could sell the exodia arcanes and buy forma bundles

Dont know, I did participate in Plague Star in january it was so repetitive I got 2 parts to build the kripath, an arcane and maybe the sigil thats it. I usually run random relics and get forma bps, Id say the efficiency is way better as you farm prime parts aside and resources like pigments or gallium for exemple. As for naberus Im pleased that it requires mother tokens that are very easy to get, plus bounties are not very boring compaired to the plague star lephantis which was annoying and icing on the cake you earn a ton of deimos resources.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Wait, what "free forma"? Built forma, yes. But free? 3k standing wasn't "free" at all, in fact was expensive and the worst way to get them using the event, since you could sell the exodia arcanes and buy forma bundles

Or use the plat for cosmetics and decorations get forma from relics. The correct choice

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

The point is that people think it should happen twice a year. Like it did in 2018. We already had people asking for plague star finally coming back late last year and that got pushed back to early this year.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

It wasn't really a once a year event. If you look at the dates on the link you provided there is a 4-7 month gap in between each event. If the event fell in the middle of the year like it did in 2019 then it was once a year. If there was one at the start of the year you were most likely to get 2 events in a year. It does not matter that we already got one in January. Based off the previous release dates we were due for another one and everyone wants their stack of built forma. 

that brings a better understanding to why people are upset. the comments I've seen on other posts gave me the context that they got upset because it didn't happen this year rather than getting upset because it wasn't a twice thing this year.

Go check the history of the event.

It was always held aprx every 6-10 months, on average 8 monthly.

People are annoyed because de pulled the plug on the best forma farm in the game at just about the same time as it was due to reappear. 

I understand why some people may be annoyed about this.  I'm not just going to blindly defend de, although personally I'm not that bothered i think it was a sucky move.

And saying building one forma a day is enough is ridiculous when most weapons take between 3-6 and frames often the same.  Opening enough relics to sell parts and make enough plat to buy a pack of 3 is also, in my opinion, a far worse grind than ps ever was.

Sure PS already happened, but this "event" is a S#&$show.... you're doing exactly the same thing you've been doing since Heart of Deimos came out1.... The only difference is that you get a couple of new items...... Couldn't they re-skin PS mobs with pumpkin heads or something and release it as halloween event?!?!? Oh right... I forgot, DE tends to force players into their new stuff.... Of course it had to be Heart of Deimos related.....

And as it was pointed out already, DE did say Plague Star would start to come out every 6 months, but once again DE decides to not deliver on their promises... If you guys keep on giving DE more slack things will not get better at all...

- Unless you already had enough tokens to get everything from the shop, in which case, you did nothing...

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Go check the history of the event.

It was always held aprx every 6-10 months, on average 8 monthly.

People are annoyed because de pulled the plug on the best forma farm in the game at just about the same time as it was due to reappear. 

I understand why some people may be annoyed about this.  I'm not just going to blindly defend de, although personally I'm not that bothered i think it was a sucky move.

And saying building one forma a day is enough is ridiculous when most weapons take between 3-6 and frames often the same.  Opening enough relics to sell parts and make enough plat to buy a pack of 3 is also, in my opinion, a far worse grind than ps ever was.

"Always" is a funny term to use, considering that 2 out of the 3 years (or 3 out of 4 if you want to count this year a bit early)  only got one appearance. 

Also pay close attention to the year that had double appearances. That's the year when the ninTenno came on board. I seem to recall something being said about trying to give them a chance to experience it before too long. 

Also you probably don't build one non-fodder weapon per week, so if you are building a forma per day, you're probably good to go. 👍

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

"Always" is a funny term to use, considering that 2 out of the 3 years (or 3 out of 4 if you want to count this year a bit early)  only got one appearance. 

Also pay close attention to the year that had double appearances. That's the year when the ninTenno came on board. I seem to recall something being said about trying to give them a chance to experience it before too long. 

Also you probably don't build one non-fodder weapon per week, so if you are building a forma per day, you're probably good to go. 👍

Only getting one visit in a calendar year when on average there's 8 months between appearances is actually very likely. 

Archived