Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Xaku Prime be lore breaking?

-Vahagn-

I am convinced that at some point there will be a Xaku Prime. However given Xaku's lore could this be lore breaking?

We have a long way to go for Xaku Prime, but what do you think?

Could there be another Xaku that takes parts from prime Warframes?

A great man once said " Lore serves the game", remember this.

Then remember the exact discussions we went through with Valkyr Prime. Only a fool will think frames like Valkyr, Nidus and Xaku won't get the prime love and one of them already did.

WE LITERALLY WENT THROUGH THIS ENTIRE DISCUSSION X 1000 before lol so the answer is yes, OP he will.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

I have a feeling that there may be frames that never get primed for those reasons like idk revenant Xaku and nidus 

I doubt that. 

They primed Valkyr and left like a dozen contradictions in their wake that if I recall, left a few passionate Valkyr fans so upset they wanted to quit, don't know if they followed through though lol. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Xaku- Either make it not broken or Broken with prime Warframe parts, totally possible for Orokin to grab destroyed warframe scraps and make something out of it

The story of Naberus comes to mind.

They find enjoyment in other's suffering when it amuses them. Xaku would be a tragic comedy.

What if they introduce a new system where we can "upgrade" our regular frames to versions with similar stats but without the prime passive (like exca umbra)? Without MR and could help news to being less dependant on primed stuff, at least on frames. People would be mad? 

5 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

Valk set a precedent. some frames will be non-lore primes.

Not really, people just miss interpreted Valk's lore. The lore was based around our (the operator's) knowledge at the time when we still believed we were the frame and thus there was no separation between frame and operator.

I see 0 reason as to how priming any frame can be lore breaking. Valkyr is easily explained. Imagine for a second, Valkyr is caught, and Alad does his experiments. What if, Valkyr was already a frame of rage, and Alad simply made her even more angry?
Xaku Prime easily could be a late war project, a Warframe designed with the idea of being easy to make, and easy to repair with any pieces found on the battlefield.

Probably every "lore breaking" frame will get a prime.

I'd say in Xaku's and Nidus' case It isn't really lore breaking. Both of those were created by the Orokin and there were no outside forces that changed them.

Revenant who was like corrupted by the Eidolon's energy is a little bit more problematic.

Valkyr Prime could just be explained by simply saying "Valkyr may have a restrained form of herself (Gersemi), but she would still be a rage machine at any other time".

Nidus Prime would also be possible, since Nidus isn't completely Infested, because if he was there would have be no way of using Transference with him.

Revenant Prime... now I know this might sound crazy but hold on for a second, Revenant was never a Sentient Warframe. Even in his own lore, he was originally just a standard Warframe that got corrupted by Eidolons. His Prime version will have the exact same abilities, just with a different coat of vampiric paint. I would not be surprised if he looked like one too. And for his Danse Macabre having Sentient-like Adaptation, that could be explained as Revenant being a prototype of Sentient technology before the Orokin created them for real,  which would make sense since Revenant is not using the same type of adaptation, more like an anti-version of it. In addition, it would also be a smart move by the Orokin to create a Warframe with that purpose in case the Sentients did rebel, and that is similar to how Revenant dedicated his time to protecting Cetus from the Eidolons before he sacrificed himself.

And Xaku Prime, quite literally could still be possible as the Warframes who originally made up Xaku, would also have Primes as well, which could leave upon the potential for their Prime to exist pretty consistently within lore. The only question would be though, how did their Prime end up mostly the same way (depending on how they are presented)?

43 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

What if the original broken warframe was Xaku Prime and we are just duplicating lesser version of it.

so a frame made from trash, which was then lost and remade from even worse trash. huh.

most would argue the Prime Lore was compromised already with Valkyr Prime, and reb has said on multiple occasions that ALL frames are eligible to be primed, so I guess we'll see Xaku prime in about 5 years or so.

Spoiler

From my understanding a frame is "primed" after its shown its worthiness in combat, etc. Like being knighted or something. Or at least that's what I've seen people talking about. Xaku could be made up of separate pieces from dead frames, then be made a prime afterwards. That means that Revenant and Nidus can be primed as well without breaking any lore.

Entrati are orokins.

Entrati designed xaku based on their lost warframes.

Entrati gave it to tenno as a reward. 

Years after with xaku's performance being tested, Entrati made a refined version.

To differentiate, the universe agreed to name the new one xaku prime. 

Here is your lore. 

1 minute ago, Bronjun said:

Entrati are orokins.

Entrati designed xaku based on their lost warframes.

Entrati gave it to tenno as a reward. 

Years after with xaku's performance being tested, Entrati made a refined version.

To differentiate, the universe agreed to name the new one xaku prime. 

Here is your lore. 

Then Xaku Prime should be purchasable from the Entrati directly instead of through the Relics.  Maybe through a process that requires a maxed out Xaku to sacrifice.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

Then Xaku Prime should be purchasable from the Entrati directly instead of through the Relics.  Maybe through a process that requires a maxed out Xaku to sacrifice.

Or through new bounties.

Hek maybe it would be plat only. 

Valkyr prime is lore-friendly. It's peices put back together of an ancient orokin design for a warframe thought lost but in reality ended up in alad v's torture rack. 

We clearly rebuild the original orokin designs with primes anyway, as opposed to the later tenno made ones that are non prime frames. 

They're all 3d printed clones of the original, some built more closely to spec than others, i.e. with ancient orokin blueprints and parts.

The only exception to this is umbra, which WAS the original frame.

Archived