Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please update me on the situation

MouadSaqui

Just now, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

but people are pissed at Nora cause she keeps bringing these annoying glassed enemies and repeating the same lines over and over even though we already know everything about the glassed enemies

What's wrong with that ? and why they dont get upset about their mom repeating the same lines in every mission ?

18 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

I find that really weird, its right after this Halloween event, my YouTube feed got flooded with these videos

Any reason for such. They even forget that the last Hallows' Eve were just a Tactical Alert because now its "Just a shop".

31 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

What's wrong with that ? and why they dont get upset about their mom repeating the same lines in every mission ?

Mom is usually more succint and arguably a little bit more useful. Mom has the good sense of telling us things like "life support delivered", which, you know, is good to know.

No one needs to hear Nora say "Dreamer, there's GOTTA be a way to kill them! You need to find their weakness and hit them there". Not after thousands of Glassified enemies killed. Not after you have already killed several of them within the very mission, before she speaks those lines.

Nora's current contribution should be reduced to one word, in my opinion. When glassified enemies spawn, she says "Glass", and that's all we need to know.

39 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Can someone explain to me why people are suddenly upset about Nora's voice ?? 

they reached lv60 and now it's only annoying :> like it always has been
they want it to end

39 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

why are some Ex warframe partners/youtubers are now after DE's staff members ? 

What?
How are they after them?

40 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Can someone explain to me why people are suddenly upset about Nora's voice ?? what happened ? 😂 also, why are some Ex warframe partners/youtubers are now after DE's staff members ?  did something happened while I was busy playing genshin impact ?

Is just your usual warframe forum users finding things to whine about. The latest is about how Nora is so repetitive, ironically and conveniently leaving behind the fact about other characters repeating the same line for years and that is apparently ok, but Nora isn't.

Also a word of advice: do not take the word of the content creators. Lately they are just as whiny as the forums. A good example are life of rio, mogamu and gazttv. You do yourself a favor and ignore their ramblings 

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

Can someone explain to me why people are suddenly upset about Nora's voice ?? what happened ? 😂 also, why are some Ex warframe partners/youtubers are now after DE's staff members ?  did something happened while I was busy playing genshin impact ?

Don't know about suddenly.  Nora (and Wally) are why I quit Warframe years ago.  Too many mentionings of my "lizard hind brain" and stoner ramblings, paired with the once-a-day jumpscares.   (I was hoping for a mute/remove popups/ban Wally function when I came back)  Lotus is annoying too, and Ordis is saved by having a fairly good in-universe reason for being repetitive.   Also, Ordis has some really good moments in the Octavia quest. 

I think players are less upset to Nora's voice per se as to the fact that we are tired of glass enemies and the same repetitive warnings after a very long stretch of a single Nightwave campaign (that many of us have finished and can no longer benefit from).

As far as content creators I can't really speak to that with any authority, but I know DE announced that they were shaking things up with the partner program and some people did not take that well.

The issue isn't her voice,it's the repeating of the same lines over and over and over and the glass enemies being frequent spawns meaning you get to hear GLASS ENEMIES IN YOUR AREA! every time you start up a level.
Personally at this point I just tune it out but I can see why others are a bit heated over it. I think if norra just had more lines then it wouldn't wear out so fast.

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

did something happened while I was busy playing genshin impact ?

heh, you as well.. I've never really been one for the Gacha/Anime games but I am enjoying Genshin. would enjoy it more if RNGsus gave me friggin Diluc after all those rolls..

as for Nora, I still like her, but her lines are repetitive, that can't be denied. still, the end is in sight and then.. wait, HOLD UP, DETECTING GLASS RESONANCE!

I T S C L O S E 

You haven't been present to be harassed by redundant lines, so they don't seem redundant to you. Every redundant line is annoying, that's why Ordis has his own volume setting...

Beside that, they have an interference pop in foe on this Nightwave, which long since stop rewarding players. It might be more welcome if we were still earning a trickle of rewards, but they cut us off weeks ago, and they are even more frequent toward the end. I'm personally sitting on 140 or 150K over the season standing cap, so the only thing the season is offering me is opponents who have to be melee, and a chance to interrupt sensitive objectives. 

She's just doesn't need to announce glass enemies every god damn time.

Lotus speaks a lot, fair. But she doesn't talk as much. With Nora It's almost every single mission regardless of where you are or what you're doing. 

Especially annoying in open worlds when you just want to mine or hunt. But hey what is that? Glassed enemies? Wow weee I wonder how we can deal with them. I wonder who could have glassed them. Only if there was some sort of mini game where we can investigate after this. And of course in some missions ignoring them is not even an option. In Railjack a freezethrower is already a pain to deal with but now that the #*!%er is glassed, you can suck it because now you can't even Cc them. Especially great when you use squishy frames.

Don't blame Nora, blame DE for shipping content in such an unfinished state that the last instalment hasn't even left production yet.

Glassmaker should have been shipped feature complete, but a hint at one of the things holding it back was leaked in a dev stream when Rebecca asked Geoff why some asset wasn't ready to be shown yet. He replied it was because different people are asking him to do things that are "more important" than the project he's suppose to be working on. 

What's more, looking back this isn't a one off thing, it happens an awful lot if you watch older streams. "Asset A isn't finished because individual B asked person C to work on Assets X,Y and Z".

It's just the way that DE operates, and I can't decide if it's incompetence or bad management, but, one thing I can say is that I've seen people lose their jobs for better performance than this.

3 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

It is due to the lack of nw termination schedule. And listening to nora 25 minutes is really annoying. And the system itself didn't add anything relevant to the game ... on the contrary. It only rescued the most boring tasks ever created by DE .... The nw is just a nonsense that demonstrates the total lack of creativity with the game itself.

1 hour ago, Samhel said:

Nora's voice gets really annoying if you play the game as much as partners or veterans do. 

Partners are upset because the halloween event is S#&$. 

End of story. And this time, I'm with the partners here.

Thats not the only thing partners are upset about tho. 

But let's go with that: partners are upset because Halloween event is no event. They make a rant video like gazttv, or make a "criticism" video masking their rant, like mogamu, or just spread misinformation and make drama out of it, making a non issue, into an issue, like life of Rio.

And then it happens. Their audience follows them,  believe in their words and side with them. Is just sad to see how the community turn into sheeps, and the content creators are the shepherds. 

And that is how we are in this situation. Because a portion of the community are unable to draw their own conclusions and decide to become sheeps of the wrong content creators.

Criticism is ok, but when all you do is rant and mask it as criticism, you are doing a disservice to the warframe community.

4 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Thats not the only thing partners are upset about tho. 

But let's go with that: partners are upset because Halloween event is no event. They make a rant video like gazttv, or make a "criticism" video masking their rant, like mogamu, or just spread misinformation and make drama out of it, making a non issue, into an issue, like life of Rio.

And then it happens. Their audience follows them,  believe in their words and side with them. Is just sad to see how the community turn into sheeps, and the content creators are the shepherds. 

And that is how we are in this situation. Because a portion of the community are unable to draw their own conclusions and decide to become sheeps of the wrong content creators.

Criticism is ok, but when all you do is rant and mask it as criticism, you are doing a disservice to the warframe community.

I disagree with you. People watch these videos as a way of not feeling alone in criticizing DE and generally have almost the same vision and feeling as they feel about the game and what happens to it. I lost a lot of interest in the game and even then I don't even watch those channels ... nor those who criticize or those who praise the game because honestly warframe is not the best game ever released. It is very superficial, inexpensive and aimed at audiences to obtain profits and thereby develop the game ... but it turns out that unfortunately nothing is really developed in the game to hold players in the long term. The recipe for warframe is to do something that temporarily holds players ... this philosophy has to change because it is no longer helping to keep the game attractive.

5 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Mom is usually more succint and arguably a little bit more useful. Mom has the good sense of telling us things like "life support delivered", which, you know, is good to know.

No one needs to hear Nora say "Dreamer, there's GOTTA be a way to kill them! You need to find their weakness and hit them there". Not after thousands of Glassified enemies killed. Not after you have already killed several of them within the very mission, before she speaks those lines.

Nora's current contribution should be reduced to one word, in my opinion. When glassified enemies spawn, she says "Glass", and that's all we need to know.

You can tell when life support is delivered by the white icons on the left under the timer, and the waypoints on the screen. 

Mother doesn't actually say anything useful. 

You chose a spy mission, so why do you need her to tell you how to do it for the 100th time? 

Why do we need to hear any of their voices after awhile? 

Archived