Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)CryAndReportMe said:

I'm on console and I'm really disappointed to see my favorite frame getting nerfed on pc. I am not anticipating the next update. Khora was great at farming recourses and she was actually fun to play in comparison to the other loot frames. I know why she was nerfed, but with SE drop changes, why was the nerf still necessary? Needing line of sight for your Whipclaw will make a higher range dome very detrimental and having range on your Khora might end up being very counter productive. 

If you don't need high range anymore, doesn't that free up your mod slots?

i.e, build for efficiency or strength? There is no problem of not being to hit through walls if you can, just... use whipclaw again on the other side of the wall?

The nerf would largely affect players camping in a room and killing enemies through walls. But if you are just moving around, I don't see how any LoS requirement would be problematic.

Yes, threads did get merged.

Honestly i completely agree with DE staff, khora was overpowered in comparison to other frames and definitely needed to be addressed and you should be happy that they only changed that since if it was me i would change her a bit more! though yes it is their fault for giving her too much with those two augments yes but what is done is done!

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm really starting to think that Rivens were a mistake.

Seriously, this whole damn debate only exists because more Kuva to get better god roll rivens.

Rivens as a whole dont break khora. Sure they help, but atlas is crying in a corner even with the use of rivens and weapon augments. Khora damage is so insane because whipclaw has insane base stats (25% crit and status) while also have accumulating whipclaw as an insanely good augment. 

You gotta love how when the community finds a frame that can do 1 thing well they instantly nerf it cause its ''too overpowered'' and then they're surprised when all the frames are boring to play and don't specialize in any roles, they CAN'T specialize in anything cause when they do DE just nerfs them.

Anyone remember marked for death? Cause I do, only 7 frames can (in theory) use marked for death without it being completely useless and 5 of them can actually use it effectively (that being inaros, ivara, ash, equinox and excalibur) (baruuk takes too long to sleep enemies, and banshee needs low range to do finishers before enemies become un-staggered which makes the ability ineffective)  so what DE decided to do was nerf that ability to the ground because 7 frames could use it to nuke rooms when there were (and still are) frames that can do it better, faster and on a bigger scale.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Rivens as a whole dont break khora. Sure they help, but atlas is crying in a corner even with the use of rivens and weapon augments. Khora damage is so insane because whipclaw has insane base stats (25% crit and status) while also have accumulating whipclaw as an insanely good augment. 

Atlas is crying in a corner? No, just because his 1 isn’t as powerful as Khora’s doesn’t make him bad. His 1 is still very good, and he’s extremely tanky. His 2 & 4 could use some help but Atlas is still a solid frame.

4 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Khora was build around her 1 being good. She is extremelly squishy, so she needed to kill enemies asap (before they can one shot her)

And this goes to show that your only concept of Khora is AW and nothing else. She has more armor and HP than Excal, easily hitting 800 Armor and 1400 HP at once. A properly built Venari heals her back to full health on each attack. She can't even die when Venari is alive as per VB.

You doing a min-max build with 350 HP that requires room clearing with no breathing room doesn't mean she is squishy.

Just now, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I wasn't talking about Rivens interacting with Whipclaw.

I was talking about how this wasn't a debate about Steel Essence. This was a debate about Kuva. Outside of Kuva, this whole Steel Path change thing is a flat better system. It has more reasonable rates no matter what you're looking at. But it's no longer as good of a Kuva Farm, and apparently that alone is enough to justify slurs, insults and rage.

Yes, slurs. I have had slurs personally slung at me over this.

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

This "Content creator" asked them to go rage in the forums :) see for yourselves : 

That guy is a hardcore endurancd player. I am not surprised if his setup no longer works in super long runs anymore.

Now I know why the sudden influx of "Khora Mains" complaining here.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)SouthSideSwanga said:

Of all the things to change, why only los? A cracking whip produces a sonic boom which is what I assumed is the damage causing part of whipclaw since it makes a loud noise when damage is dealt. Last I checked you don’t get hit by a shockwave because you can see what produced it.  

How would sound produce slash damage?

Of all the things to change, why only los? A cracking whip produces a sonic boom which is what I assumed is the damage causing part of whipclaw since it makes a loud noise when damage is dealt. Last I checked you don’t get hit by a shockwave because you can see what produced it. The shockwave should be able to hit anything near it and it’s effect would only be reduced for traveling through objects. I know I’m trying to bring real world logic into a game, but it’s logic that’s at least consistent and makes sense. The logic behind this change makes no sense. Khora can still do huge amounts of damage and people are still going to cry about that so I don’t see this change making anyone happy. People are still going to want her nerfed until she joins atlas and hydroid as the third terrible farming frame. 

31 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

You just can't hit enemies through walls anymore. No more hiding around corners spamming 1.

Just don't hide. Walk around.

Apparently, its a bit of a bug regarding its targeting, in which case, it will be fixed.

Not only can you not hit enemies through walls you can't hit enemies directly in front of you if they are stuck in StrangleDome. 

Of all the things to change, why only los? A cracking whip produces a sonic boom which is what I assumed is the damage causing part of whipclaw since it makes a loud noise when damage is dealt. Last I checked you don’t get hit by a shockwave because you can see what produced it. The shockwave should be able to hit anything near it and it’s effect would only be reduced for traveling through objects.

You think sound should cause damage?

I know I’m trying to bring real world logic into a game, but it’s logic that’s at least consistent and makes sense.

No, it really doesn’t.

The logic behind this change makes no sense. Khora can still do huge amounts of damage and people are still going to cry about that so I don’t see this change making anyone happy. People are still going to want her nerfed until she joins atlas and hydroid as the third terrible farming frame. 

Atlas isn’t terrible.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Atlas is crying in a corner? No, just because his 1 isn’t as powerful as Khora’s doesn’t make him bad. His 1 is still very good, and he’s extremely tanky. His 2 & 4 could use some help but Atlas is still a solid frame.

My joke was in reference to damage. As far as damage goes, Khora far outpaces atlas due to his horrible landslide base stats 

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I wasn't talking about Rivens interacting with Whipclaw.

I was talking about how this wasn't a debate about Steel Essence. This was a debate about Kuva. Outside of Kuva, this whole Steel Path change thing is a flat better system. It has more reasonable rates no matter what you're looking at. But it's no longer as good of a Kuva Farm, and apparently that alone is enough to justify slurs, insults and rage.

Yes, slurs. I have had slurs personally slung at me over this.

Ah I see, and Im sorry to hear that. Its a shame “children” get so annoyed over something like this 

Archived