Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibility of Grineer and Corpus mechs?

JackHargreav

12 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

And so I would like it a lot if we got grineer and corpus variants also.

I also like the Necramechs and I would hate if they got Grineer and Corpus variants.

Also, as you say, the lore ramifications would be horrible. And I get that you feel that's worth throwing down the toilet. I just very much disagree.

17 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I agree, everything should be the same, nothing should be special, or distinct. there should also be Grineer/Corpus Warframes, Archwings, Tenno. every faction should have everything! nothing should have an identity!

/s

Yeah, like Liches, Queenpins, these guys...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtmuoaPI0idAeo6ysT6jTqIhNSG3_M3f9lWw&usqp=CAU

Like what even are you on about? Grineer can't have mecha?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Aam5iKmRbhs/hqdefault.jpg

The Corpus can't have mecha?

https://gamescrack.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Warframe_Razorback_Armada.jpg

Fighting big stompy Grineer mechs and big stompy Corpus mechs on the regular would be cool.

It's not even hard to fit them in lore-wise. The Grineer are led by who? And the Corpus have a tech fetish for who? Both factions should have passing knowledge about Necramechs. If the Tenno start fielding them then there's no reason for the Grineer and Corpus to sit back and do nothing. They could surely come up with their own versions, just like how the Grineer created Liches using Kuva and the Corpus are creating Queenpins through the Specter Particle.

18 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I agree, everything should be the same, nothing should be special, or distinct. there should also be Grineer/Corpus Warframes, Archwings, Tenno. every faction should have everything! nothing should have an identity!

/s

I mean. We have moas. That was a corpus only thing. And the grineer has that stomper thing on the plains.

So these guys having mechs isn't a big stretch. 

Naw

Let us have the Mechs that get us closer to full Exlated mode

Allow the others the big clunky machines they have and a special type of mechs later on that are barely any flesh.

Besides, i kinda like the other factions going the opposite way where they have those small tech things such as the mini roller bombs and those tiny At-Ats that come out on new Jupiter tilesets.

Give us the Mechs that combine with Archwings that make us a devastating combiner that splits into a Warframe to destroy on the enemies level

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

/s

Great effort.

/s

I'd like to see them have mechs, but not necramechs.  Something that fits their aesthetic, but actually piloted/worn by a foot soldier, like big power-armor.  It would be pretty easy to justify too, such as that with the appearance of necramechs the other factions try to replicate it or develop a countermeasure.  Then make the player version that but with a corncob, because I assume that is important for necramechs for some reason.

Added bonus, make the Infested version some kind of symbiotic life-form using smaller infested as the "brain", or just a big creature we hollow out Evangelion style.  Biomechs are an interesting idea that wasn't explored nearly enough over the years.

I think people doesn't understand how Necramech works... Transference is one way to control them, but they have a "limited intelligence" like an aumtomata precept that allows them to run without operators (like the enemy necramech). Operators can use transference on them because they can transfer even to Golden Maws. An automated grineer or corpus Mech maybe could be used in transferemce too, but also with those combat precepts... It just doesn't need to be a "necra" mech, since that's the Entrati tech.

8 minutes ago, ebrl said:

The most confusing thing about this topic, in the way that it is worded, is that it implies OP somehow thinks the existing necramechs are infested.

Nah. I know they are mechanical. That's why I got the idea that maybe the corpus and grineer might wanna copy the concept. But you know. The void is a tenno/orokin only thing. So they wouldn't really be necramechs but just mechs made by these two factions.

Tho I was wondering if the mechs that lay on the ground of the ships might be easy to steal. And they could be studied. Maybe? I mean Alad V got kinda close to creating a warframe.

Grineer mining mechs. Big daddy looking weirdos with a clone fused into it because that's how grineer do precise machinery. We of course could use the dojo lab to easily blend it with necro parts. Corpus stuff is of course straight derivative stuff from orokin tech so not a big change from constructs we already jump into.

24 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Nah. I know they are mechanical. That's why I got the idea that maybe the corpus and grineer might wanna copy the concept. But you know. The void is a tenno/orokin only thing. So they wouldn't really be necramechs but just mechs made by these two factions.

Tho I was wondering if the mechs that lay on the ground of the ships might be easy to steal. And they could be studied. Maybe? I mean Alad V got kinda close to creating a warframe.

Honestly I'd say it'd be highly likely the Corpus and Grineer were capable of studying Necramechs and adopting the design aspect into their own infantry, and it's not like more enemy variety is a bad thing. Mech on mech action could be fun, and we know the Grineer have already kind of dipped their toes into the mech market considering Vay Hek is a thing.

Only issue I would really see is the size of maps and enemy pathing being very screwy just due to the sheer size of the mechs. They'd probably have to be just limited to outside Open World areas, lest they get stuck on a low hanging ceiling.

Though yeah, controlling them is probably off the table just due to the amount of work involved.

25 minutes ago, Cybercobra2 said:

i would like to see this from the dojo labs

i mean that would make sense right?

instead of the other factions having mechs, we make new mechs using their tech.

tenno mechs, grineer mechs, corpus mechs, and infested mechs all from each respective tenno lab.

Well if nothing else having a skin based on each faction would totally be possible. 

while not everyone may necessarily want other factions to have mechs, there's no reason it can't happen: the Grineer know enough about augmentations to create some kind of mech: it wouldn't be anything fancy of course, more like a rugged, scrap-armoured beast powered by a loud engine and piloted by a clone soldier. armaments could include grnade launchers/mortars, regular machine guns and flamethrowers, for anyone who's played Borderlands 3, Moze's Iron Bear mech is pretty much like what I imagine a grineer mech could do.

Spoiler

Borderlands 3 Moze skill guide - Polygon

as for the Corpus, they've been masters of robotics for a long time, so it makes sense they could simply create a fully automated heavy proxy, with laser weapons and a much sleeker design, something more akin to say, White Glint from Armored Core:

Spoiler

Kotobukiya - Armored Core Fine Scale Model Kit 1/72 White Glint & V.O.B.  Set: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

^those are just examples to give an idea what i think mechs could take inspiration from. I suppose infested ones could exist too, but they'd likely be based on whatever the other factions have, just with infested bits. I'd really love to see more mechs, even if they only appear as enemies from time to time.

Archived