Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Excal is prettier: Prime or Umbra?

Hierarch777

Is it even a question? 

Umbra Excalibur ofc. Excalibur prime is just a normal exca with a void key in the face, not even the rarity makes him appealing.

Even if was possible for someone to give it to me, I would simply decline because I would never use it over the Umbra version, which is not only by far cooler but has IA control and the howl which resets sentient resistances.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to use Exca Prime except to brag about it or have 2 mins of fame with fresh players uncapable to realize its futility. 

Are we just talking default or considering customization options as well? 

I probably think Umbra looks cooler, although I feel like they went overboard with putting giant U's all over his arms and legs. If I could tear those off without losing the anime scarf I would. 

I don't like Prime's default helmet, but otherwise I really like his default skin for being sleek and simple. 

I have both, but I stick with Umbra because I like the way he follows me around like a lost puppy when I'm using the Operator. It's useful to give him a Rubico and let him go Aimbot on everything within 100m while I hack stuff or raise team mates or afk. 

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I think this is just a dumb topic. People that dont have Prime will obviously say Umbra is better in a way because they cant have the Prime so there is a lot of Bias regarding choice here.

Back when I bought him, I would still hesitate to use Prime because of how tremendously silly he looks. You weren't able to reskin him into the good-looking skin back in the day. Same reason I never bothered grinding any primes in the OG days.

Let's face it, people who likes prime probably say it because of its exclusivity.

Umbra have arguably more advance design with his scarf and everything.

I want to see this question again in a different universe where EVERYONE HAVE PRIME and umbra is the one that got locked. That would be interesting to see.

out of the base versions, I prefer Umbra: Black works better with almost everythign than White does, and while I know not everyone likes the scarf, I do: it's a complimentary Syandan a IMO, and that's how i treat it as such.

out of the smorgasbord of Skins he has, I like his Dex skin the most, followed by his Prisma Skin and Obsidian Azura. 

Umbra scarf is one of the few almost good looking cosmetic items in the game... if they hadn't ruined it with classic warframe spikes on the ends of it.

Outside that they are both just another generic plastic wetsuit with random spikes.

More than the visual limitations on using - just spikes on everything - I feel it was a giant missed oppertunity to not match visual themes with ability themes on the frames.

I am thinking something like stealth camo from metal gear solid and predator or flame on from fantastic four. Emma Frost crystalizing into a diamond skin.

There aren't any frames that have any indication of who they are when you look at them.

Only one I can think of is harley quinn aka mirage that has any kind of actual visual concept to them lol. Maybe if you really push it you could say hydroid has pirate boots so water but that is stretching it.

Archived