Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove healmith nightwave requirement of MR8

Stalker_says_hello

I know all the high MR people will be like just level up. And DE wants us to level up but I feel more rewarded for being a lower Mr and earning everything than a high Mr. I know helminth system was supposed to be Mr 20 then they lowered it to Mr 15 then they looked at the average amount of players and were like wow everyone is mostly Mr 8 let's make it mr8 well in order to have a goal and access to nightwave standing goals since old alerts system didn't have a Mr requirement just a map completion requirement or you'd have to taxi. I'd like to propose removing the Helminth segment Mr requirement and make it a rank 5 enterati reward so low level players would be discouraged from getting it and would have to have more people grind enterati to max it out like archgun deployer in Fortuna. Many low level Mr don't have arch gun deployer and this would make everyone who is high Mr still happy that low Mr can't use healmith system and are encouraged to level up Mr to get standing easier and make low Mr happy knowing that we are not forced to have high Mr if we don't want it. 

The MR is more a saftey feature to ensure newer players dont destroy their collection, at least thats what the Devs said.

It started at MR 20 for this reason, lowerd after it was tested somewhat.

Its not ment to be used util players have earned a sizeable collection of equipment.

Also, MR is based on stuff leveled. So it ties into DEs money making.

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

The MR is more a saftey feature to ensure newer players dont destroy their collection, at least thats what the Devs said.

It started at MR 20 for this reason, lowerd after it was tested somewhat.

Its not ment to be used util players have earned a sizeable collection of equipment.

Also, MR is based on stuff leveled. So it ties into DEs money making.

I have seen nobody under Mr 9 who is a noob who would actively try to max out standing in entrati unless they do their own research into the game on how to play. So you can't make the argument if the Helminth segment was a rank 5 reward instead. 

Many of the Nightwave challenges indirectly require MR5 because War Within is a bottleneck for much of the game's content. MR8 doesn't seem that much higher. If MR5 is an acceptable requirement, then I don't see how MR8 isn't.

1 hour ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I feel more rewarded for being a lower Mr and earning everything than a high Mr.

I can respect that you're playing the game with your own priorities and goals – for instance, I don't buy or trade for anything that I could earn or grind – but you have to accept that it comes with drawbacks and tradeoffs. If you prioritise staying at a low MR, you'll miss out on some things that are restricted (for my analogy, I still don't have the blood-splatter sigil because of its low drop chance from Profit-Taker). And in this case regarding Nightwave, you're not even really locked out of anything, since you'll be able to get all the rewards using the other Acts. 

37 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Why did you need to make a second topic about this? If you choose to not rank up that is your choice, but it also has consequences like not being able to progress in the game and limited access to weapons and game features.

I had suggested it be put under feedback section instead of general community. 

20 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

No tge main story doesn't require it yet

You 

14 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

I have seen nobody under Mr 9 who is a noob who would actively try to max out standing in entrati unless they do their own research into the game on how to play. So you can't make the argument if the Helminth segment was a rank 5 reward instead. 

Can

13 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

If DE can change the requirement from a 20 to 15 to 8 they can remove it. 

Multi

13 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

This needs to go viral

Also why? You don't need to do every thing with nightwave to hit max rank, Helminth system having a MR lock is part of the encouragement to rank up your MR.  

I understand disliking the MR grind and I would advise anyone to just take it slow. Dont feel pressured into rushing through MR fodder. Instead try to use it as encouragement to try out new weapons or frames. I dont understand however why someone would just go 'no, i dont want to rank up and i never will'. Nightwave is designed so you only do the tasks you feel like doing. The prestige track having such low rewards is deliberate so people dont feel pressured into doing everything.

It sounds like you don't want to progress any further and remain stagnant.

Play a grinding looter shooter because you enjoy grinding and collecting things to progress. If you don't want to do this, play a game that is more linear and things are handed to you or a regular schedule as you make your way through it.

14 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

No tge main story doesn't require it yet

but helminth does, so rank up if you want access to the features the meat wall provides.

*Having since seen your other thread about essentially the same topic and seeing that you actively choose to not progress mastery i cant help but laugh. you didnt get the response you wanted with that one so youre trying again but this time being like "think about all the low MR players" instead of "i dont like the consequences of my self imposed limitation so please cater to me so I can continue this nonsense without any negative repercussions"

**Incase anyone cba to look for it

8d4e32e41d.png

14 hours ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I had suggested it be put under feedback section instead of general community. 

He made a second thread because his complaints got laughed at in the first one - since they are indeed ridiculous! Had he just wanted to move the discussion to a more appropriate section, he would have linked that thread here for context!

I have heard lots of crying with a kernel of proper criticism. This... this is pure QQ distilled. I worked my way to MR 30 for blessing my clan and the loadout slots.
I think we need to implement a toggle for receiving blessing because I am sure you would not want to get a blessing then since you seem so anti MR.

your choice to stay at that mr, not ours, so u wana invalidate all the mr8+ hardwork for nothing nah. (apply this logic in the real world, then check how far u will get)

like i said, u don't need all challenges to reach rank 30, accept it that u wont be able to complete somethings in the game in which YOU CHOSE to stay at low mr

15 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

This needs to go viral

At this point you should at least accept that you are an extreme minority to which nobody sympathizes and your claims will never be.

Nobody is telling you you shouldn't do you. 

Everyone is telling you that if you piss in the wind, you might end up getting a shower, but you're blowing your load as hard as you can anyway.

Archived