The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Oh excellent, so I can't leave my comp on for the 3-4AM drop anymore.
Great update to the system... no, no, it's my fault for being born on the opposite side of the planet to 99.9% of studios.

You can still claim the drop from an inventory for a few hours after the stream, the click to claim is just there for ppl actually watching. 

• Like 2

Yeah relinking process took less than 5 mins. 

How this was handled was kind of poor though, could have easily given links about how this is a twitch side reason not a DE side and to outline more about how the drop claiming works and how it won't actually make us loose the drops if we miss clicking the button.  (I mean it wouldn't stop some people who just refuse to read but maybe some of them). 

20 minutes ago, yarl5000 said:

Yeah relinking process took less than 5 mins. 

How this was handled was kind of poor though, could have easily given links about how this is a twitch side reason not a DE side and to outline more about how the drop claiming works and how it won't actually make us loose the drops if we miss clicking the button.  (I mean it wouldn't stop some people who just refuse to read but maybe some of them). 

I do agree there could have been more transparency and clarity in those initial posts, but they're generally pretty thorough about this sort of thing, so I have to imagine the reason they weren't, and the reason we haven't had anything beyond answers already provided in the Twitch documentation, is because that matter is out of their hands. It's hard to say for certain, but this all comes across as very deliberately organized to give the information that it does. Twitch is gonna Twitch.

There's no denying it has caused a lot of confusion and vitriol, though.

People who haven't experienced issues with the drop: omg this is the end of the world, de stupid, pointless changes!

People who have experienced issues with the drop: this is a welcomed change, hopefully it'll improve the drop system in general.

Sensible people: just do the 3 minutes changes they need to do, and wait to see how it's actually going to work.

Comments on this thread in a nutshell.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1

I watch Twitch without the chat open, so do I have to open it now and then to see the popup? probably better to just let it play and claim later, I sometimes let the stream run and watch it the next day, given most streams are when I'm sleeping..

edit:
I've never had problems with Twitch drops and mines been linked for years, I just hope when unlinking and relinking doesn't start a snowball effect of problems. :P

Edited by Slayer-.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

People who haven't experienced issues with the drop: omg this is the end of the world, de stupid, pointless changes!

People who have experienced issues with the drop: this is a welcomed change, hopefully it'll improve the drop system in general.

Sensible people: just do the 3 minutes changes they need to do, and wait to see how it's actually going to work.

Comments on this thread in a nutshell.

You've got it all wrong m8, sensible people are saying something along the lines of;

"This should be a choice so that people who aren't using the Duolingo browser and don't have twitch problems don't have to fumble through Twitch's clunky UI to find things they were getting automatically while people with problems using the old system aren't left behind."

2 hours ago, Vilitas said:

You've got it all wrong m8, sensible people are saying something along the lines of;

"This should be a choice so that people who aren't using the Duolingo browser and don't have twitch problems don't have to fumble through Twitch's clunky UI to find things they were getting automatically while people with problems using the old system aren't left behind."

That's literally the first group of people.

Just more civilized and have higher abilities to convey their feelings towards the issue through more sophisticated and less offensive words. Also advised less obstructive solutions, such as making it as a choice.

I'll admit i belong to this group, hence i make the description of this group to sound more stupid than they should be.

Edited by Soy77

I dont see the fuzz aslong as things will work pain-free. I've had no issues with drops in the past but I see the reason for this change since some have had issues and it is also kinda out of DEs hands since it is a Twitch change. I just have to remember to claim the drops manually in the future.

Crystal clear instructions aswell, couldnt really have been made much more easy to follow.

1 hour ago, Vilitas said:

There's no option to speak of because the old system will stop being used by Twitch on the 21st. Many games already switched to this system, and DE has held out, but now they have to switch. You can complain about it, but it's not something DE can fix. They are beholden to Twitch's functionality. Sensible people aren't saying that, because they aren't informed enough to know why the change is happening. They would be if they read any single page of this entire thread, because I've spent my evening reiterating this point.

56 minutes ago, di0n08O8 said:

I like that we can get more info on the drop and our progress, but is there any particular reason why claiming drops is now manual? Having it automatic like it is now seems a lot more convenient to me.

As noted above, that's the reason. Twitch now requires developers using Twitch Drops 2.0 to redeem their rewards through their inventory system, and as the old method is going away, the only other option is no drops at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Great update to the system... no, no, it's my fault for being born on the opposite side of the planet to 99.9% of studios.

I miss tennocon because I need my beauty sleep I just wish you can rewatch it within 24hrs to get drop too

2 hours ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

As noted above, that's the reason. Twitch now requires developers using Twitch Drops 2.0 to redeem their rewards through their inventory system, and as the old method is going away, the only other option is no drops at all.

Oh so this is a Twitch change?

6 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You can. :) You are able to claim the drop later, apparently. It all depends on their expiration time, but you do not actually have to claim them as they pop up during the stream. It sounds as though the expiration might be generous enough, but even just 24 hours should do the trick for those of us in vastly different time zones.

These kinds of changes always feel uncomfortable when they happen, but we'll probably adapt quickly and maybe even prefer this system.

I mean, you have to do some extra clicks and it may take longer for the drop to appear in-game, but you do not actually have to keep loading up the game to see if the drop worked while the stream is ongoing.

If the expiration time is long enough, you might even just do a weekly claiming of all the accumulated drops. *shrugs* I just wish they did not start this off with something I actually want, because it raises the stakes. X3 

Edit: Gah. I swear yours was the last post in this thread when I started typing. (Even though it was 6 hours old.) But now there are a huge amount of others, some explaining the same stuff. Ah, well. *slinks away, redundant*

Edited by Aeoni

16 hours ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Yes, it does. Presumably it's to force "engagement" - making you jump through hoops to get your free forma or whatever, click this after watching that. Honestly, having the stream on in the background was borderline, having to tab out and interact with it might just piss me off enough not to bother. We'll have to wait and see how obnoxious it is, I suppose. 

I have a very low tolerance for adverts, too. They're like Kryptonite to me; that would be an instant nope if they are part of these Twitch changes.

Edited by Kattefjaes

13 hours ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

In addition to what @Zeracronius already covered, I want to emphasize that you do not need to interact with any manual process during the stream at any point so there isn't any extra data to be collected. I suppose Twitch could collect data on how much engagement they get to see how often users redeem during and after streams, but there's no requirement to interact with the system during the "campaign", as Twitch calls it.

Fair call if it's a platform wide decision across all of twitch and not DE, I'm happy to stand corrected.  To clarify your point though, regardless of when you have to do it, it is a manual process to go and claim the drop, and in my opinion a worse user experience. To be honest it's a pain in the neck enough to get to the streams at 2am to 5am in another part of the world as it is, but that's a personal decision.

On your point regarding data collection not being a motivation to change a system and user behaviour, regardless of the source I'd respectifully disgree.  So far in the past 18mths we've seen "extras" given in WF to subscribe to Twitch products, Amazon products, and an interface change to supply your email addr.  WF is $ free which is awesome, but part of the real cost is user data, which is just the reality of a digital economy and a freemium model.

Essentially though, the change didn't sound like an upgrade to me..but I'm happy to wait to see it in practice.. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I've never had problems with Twitch drops and mines been linked for years, I just hope when unlinking and relinking doesn't start a snowball effect of problems. :P

Those were my thoughts. X3 I never dared to touch my link because it worked dependably unless the problem affected everyone.

But it's probably going to be fine. <3