Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is it that the only two warframe songs with lyrics all relate to the corpus?

Brinstar7777

5 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Seriously! First there's We All Lift Together, then there's Sleeping in the Cold Below! When will they come out with a kicka$$ grineer battle hyme or some orokin music with lyrics that corrupted Vor plays?

Because Cephalon Sark likes his new boss, Nef Anyo. Praise the Void!

In the description for one of the Grineer-based cosmetics it says that artistry is rare among them. Maybe that's why? Given the way they are created and live, there's not much room for it, sadly.

Still, I'd like to hear the things you mentioned too. :D

17 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

some orokin music with lyrics that corrupted Vor plays?

Look at them

La la la la la

They come here

Tra la la la la

When they know they are not pure

A-ha a-ha a-ha

The Tenno are impostors...

And so on for seven minutes.

The Grineer can hardly form simple words and you want them to write verse. The vast majority of the Grineer population is illiterate, resulting to grunts for communication. This is apparent even among their higher echelon, with only characters like Tyl Regor or Kela being sufficiently verbose (Vor and Hek as well, to a degree, but the former is insane and the later is a troglodyte, so)

I faction simply has no penchant for artistry.

20 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Seriously! First there's We All Lift Together, then there's Sleeping in the Cold Below! When will they come out with a kicka$$ grineer battle hyme or some orokin music with lyrics that corrupted Vor plays?

Well... grinner must have some sort if imperial march, military music, and epic themes, all with imperialist text...

But no matter this is a game and the lore say grineer are racist, fanatic and imperialist. All the thing i mentioned are not allowed in the obscure ages of politically correct. All must be petalous, pink, friendly with everyone. So that's why they probably avoid "grineer themes", cause following all the "rules" of our rotten society, we will finish with grineer singing "Gelato al cioccolato", and that's not really what grineer should sing...

Grineer need War Chanters with Grineer-esque bagpipes and drums. They don't need lyrics, they'll terrify you with raw sound.

The Infested just need the maddening buzz from all the scenes in The Dark Knight where the Joker is about to show up. 

Oh I'm sure Grineer and Orokin songs are coming. I think it's just Corpus are easy because of they are the most "human" main faction, so it's easier to give them human characteristics, such as music. But after the successes of the two Corpus songs, I'm sure DE's music team are itching to try something new.

55 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Look at them

La la la la la

They come here

Tra la la la la

When they know they are not pure

A-ha a-ha a-ha

The Tenno are impostors...

And so on for seven minutes.

It's probably due to the Corpus seeing alot more attention as of late and this really only started with Fortuna so they just haven't gotten to it yet. 

Plus the themes of the updates definitely fit the music they have created for it. 

I'm not expecting a new song for every update they do but I think if they have the opportunity to fit one in that suits the theme of the update then regardless of faction your going to get one.

1 hour ago, XAN3MK said:

The Grineer can hardly form simple words and you want them to write verse. The vast majority of the Grineer population is illiterate, resulting to grunts for communication. This is apparent even among their higher echelon, with only characters like Tyl Regor or Kela being sufficiently verbose (Vor and Hek as well, to a degree, but the former is insane and the later is a troglodyte, so)

This, but substitute Clem instead :P

Not exactly sure what the Grineer would sing about, considering how artistic freedom and expression is probably heavily suppressed within the faction. A part of being fascist is being anti-art (since it’s also a form of speech). Perhaps it would make more sense if a colony of Grineer defects/the Kavor were to do so instead. 

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

But no matter this is a game and the lore say grineer are racist, fanatic and imperialist. All the thing i mentioned are not allowed in the obscure ages of politically correct. All must be petalous, pink, friendly with everyone. So that's why they probably avoid "grineer themes", cause following all the "rules" of our rotten society, we will finish with grineer singing "Gelato al cioccolato", and that's not really what grineer should sing...

What? I understood the first sentence because it’s mainly true, but what does political correctness have to do with not being able to let the bad guy faction do or express the intention to do bad guy things? In that case, a lot of the events in Warframe would not have happened.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Oh I'm sure Grineer and Orokin songs are coming. I think it's just Corpus are easy because of they are the most "human" main faction, so it's easier to give them human characteristics, such as music. But after the successes of the two Corpus songs, I'm sure DE's music team are itching to try something new.

I'm in love.

THANK YOU.

23 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

A part of being fascist is being anti-art [what? Are u serious? In fact evey totlitarian idea embrace the art, not for phylanthropy, but for show his greatness. From the glory of Roman Empire to every modern "dictator" the idea is to use art for show the glory of the ideology. Is curious, cause this idea is so intrinsic in humanity that also in this game, the most fascist faction has also the best art (look at theyr tower, theyr hall, theyr sculptures), yes... real fascist are orokin, grineer are more similar to an ancient oriental theocracy with a god-king that rule all the slaves]

What? I understood the first sentence because it’s mainly true, but what does political correctness have to do with not being able to let the bad guy faction do or express the intention to do bad guy things? In that case, a lot of the events in Warframe would not have happened.

Talking about real world: the "Anglo-Saxon society" (also Canada where DE is based) is exporting in the world the politically correct. In a society that is banning the memory of people that lived centuries and millennia ago just cause theyr thinking is not aligned with what tooday we must think, a society that is removing some books and text written in the "Classical Era" just cause there are no minorities and are not inclusive, etc... etc....

In this world, you really think a multi-national society like DE will create a song that could match the "grineer alignment"? Do you imagine the scandal on a similar song? 

I think we will never see something like that except maybe some music without any word or "song of how the work is difficult and theyr life is miserable", but never something "about the glory of the grineer empire" or the "extermination of the enemies" or somenthing similar.

As you say, and for me is true: Those could probably be the song-maker for grineer: "Grineer defects/the Kavor"

22 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

[what? Are u serious? In fact evey totlitarian idea embrace the art, not for phylanthropy, but for show his greatness. From the glory of Roman Empire to every modern "dictator" the idea is to use art for show the glory of the ideology. Is curious, cause this idea is so intrinsic in humanity that also in this game, the most fascist faction has also the best art (look at theyr tower, theyr hall, theyr sculptures), yes... real fascist are orokin, grineer are more similar to an ancient oriental theocracy with a god-king that rule all the slaves]

Okay, first off, fascism =/= totalitarianism, it’s a form of it. It’s also why the Roman Empire would not qualify as fascist for in a lot of ways. And it’s the same for the Orokin since even though they did have a sense of superiority and militarism, we don’t know to what extent did they have a surveillance state or focus on traditionalist values.

Second, you seem to be conflating propaganda with art. Because even though the aforementioned is technically art, that’s the point. It’s a  political message/call to action disguised in that form. Plus, propaganda is usually made by the government in these cases, not the general public. Also, anti-art also derives from the way how some would appropriate or use iconography from other cultures for their own, in order to twist that original meaning. I feel like there’s a very easy example that I don’t need to bring up explicitly to assert my claim.

Also, it’s best to halt the political convo now since those and gaming forums do not mix well. It can get off-topic too quickly.

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

In this world, you really think a multi-national society like DE will create a song that could match the "grineer alignment"? Do you imagine the scandal on a similar song? 

I think we will never see something like that except maybe some music without any word or "song of how the work is difficult and theyr life is miserable", but never something "about the glory of the grineer empire" or the "extermination of the enemies" or somenthing similar.

Okay. Ignoring most of the dog whistles that were included for some reason, I need to ask again, to what extent the theme of “exterminate the opposition” and “glory to our own” would have to be included in the song for it to be considered too controversial? Because these are already things that the Grineer do and say. So what exactly would the song contain that would be too extreme from that? That just seems like unnecessary fear mongering to me. 

2 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Talking about real world: the "Anglo-Saxon society" (also Canada where DE is based) is exporting in the world the politically correct. In a society that is banning the memory of people that lived centuries and millennia ago just cause theyr thinking is not aligned with what tooday we must think, a society that is removing some books and text written in the "Classical Era" just cause there are no minorities and are not inclusive, etc... etc....

YIKES

I think you forgot Grandma song (also a shanty) that she would sing sometime when you start speaking to her.

diegetic song with lyrics is something relatively new in wf, we didn't have any before "we all lift together", and the "cold bellow" is only the 2nd one in the spotlight. I think the non-existed "problem" of we don't have any grinner song yet is just because DE haven't plan any big grinner content to fit one in yet.

Not something DE made but in Tennotunes there's a song that suppose to feature the Worm queen doing exercises song for the kuva grinner. There's also another epic orchestra sang in cetus tongue about slaying eidolon. Both are quite fitting for a grinner theme diegetic song, 

As the lore has been presented thus far, I don't think a song fits the Grineer.  Grineer are specifically bred to have limited mental faculties, as it makes them easier to control and aligns them towards a purpose.  I would hazard that a battle hymn just wouldn't be worth it, since propaganda is redundant if your soldiers are already born to do your bidding.  Why give them an appreciation for art or the ability to create it, when the most likely outcome of that would be rebellion?

43 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Okay, first off, fascism =/= totalitarianism, it’s a form of it. It’s also why the Roman Empire would not qualify as fascist for in a lot of ways. And it’s the same for the Orokin since even though they did have a sense of superiority and militarism, we don’t know to what extent did they have a surveillance state or focus on traditionalist values.

Second, you seem to be conflating propaganda with art. Because even though the aforementioned is technically art, that’s the point. It’s a  political message/call to action disguised in that form. Plus, propaganda is usually made by the government in these cases, not the general public. Also, anti-art also derives from the way how some would appropriate or use iconography from other cultures for their own, in order to twist that original meaning. I feel like there’s a very easy example that I don’t need to bring up explicitly to assert my claim.

Also, it’s best to halt the political convo now since those and gaming forums do not mix well. It can get off-topic too quickly.

Okay. Ignoring most of the dog whistles that were included for some reason, I need to ask again, to what extent the theme of “exterminate the opposition” and “glory to our own” would have to be included in the song for it to be considered too controversial? Because these are already things that the Grineer do and say. So what exactly would the song contain that would be too extreme from that? That just seems like unnecessary fear mongering to me. 

I know they are different, but since i don't know the people who i'm speacking to i was avoiding escape like "but grineer are [insert imperial idea or totalitarism or anything not modern failed american democracy here]" so i used the more generic term possible.

Second propaganda and art are two thing that go one with the other. And that's because propaganda is not only a goverment thing or a political thing, but is an action that everyone could do. Want some example? There are infinite. Advertisment is just propaganda made by companies, churchs and his inestimable art galleries and building? Just propaganda for the glory of [insert here random lord], want to mention royal palace, ancient mansion, skyscraper, and also some city? Propaganda for the glory of king, merchant, milionaries, or nations. 

As you can see, propaganda and art are really merged. This don't exclude that exist propaganda that is not art, and vice versa.

Leaving out the "real world" and talking about the ipothetic grineer song, i'm just trying to say that a "grineer aligned" song will be an excess that DE don't want to face with, for the words it should probably use if done "right". So that's why i think that if we ever have grineer song will be "music only" or something related not to grineer itself but to "grineer defector/traitor" or something similar. Or maybe they make a grineer song with words, but instead of match the imperial/racist/militarist grineer personality could be something related to the hard work or similar. 

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

YIKES

fysdm =)

Archived