Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think about the Lavos imbue system?

HadeZx

It would have made more sense to tap the imbue and hold for fhe execution 

The problem with this system is the onetime disposal clunkiness of what already the weak abilities for the ultimate 4th ability takes so long and annoying to the point youre just better off using weapons instead

Therefore the imbue system should be permanent until the player decides to switch, which wont hurt the pre existing gameplay at all; instead makes it better in so many levels

what do you think?

Definitely wish we could keep the elements after casting an ability. It's tedious to have to enter the elements for every single ability cast, especially considering Vial Rush only has a cooldown of a few seconds.

Also if we could modify the elements after they've been entered, that'd be great too. This change would probably be mandatory if the above change was made.

1 hour ago, HadeZx said:

The problem with this system is the onetime disposal clunkiness of what already the weak abilities for the ultimate 4th ability takes so long and annoying to the point youre just better off using weapons instead

Therefore the imbue system should be permanent until the player decides to switch, which wont hurt the pre existing gameplay at all; instead makes it better in so many levels

If you don't use 4th ability and use other abilities to do stuffs then this system being not so clunky.

The problem is in statuses. One status is useless (Blast), you have few for damage (Viral, Heat, Corrossive), Magnetic could be used but you have other, Cold for slowing enemies and Rad for CHAOS. That's it, afair, Without interesting status imbuing system gets from nice to "ok".

I think Lavos's imbuement mechanic in its current implementation is needlessly tedious, and repetitive to the point of potentially inducing RSI if one were to consistently try to imbue every ability. One could easily improve the mechanic significantly by making the imbuement permanent until manually changed, instead of having it get consumed by each ability cast.

59 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

My only beef is if you fuse another ability into him through helminth, you lose the element from whichever ability you over-wrote. Nor can you imbue elements into abilites granted by helminth.

I was most disappointed by the fact that you couldn't get the frost damage infusion with any frame you put Vial Rush on. I really wanted to try a frost-infused Grasp of Lohk. I kept it on Xaku but I don't use that setup anymore with the double-tap protection timer in place.

Once I changed the setting so that I could tap to imbue elements instead of holding, I really liked Lavos.  It took some experimenting to really figure him out, but in my opinion Lavos is the unrivaled king of status, and his 4 allows him to deal some death, too.  Really cool frame with a unique and interesting design!

I like it, but I'm hoping we get an augment mod that applies the imbue to your weapon damage.  Maybe something kind of like the elemental magus arcanes, converting a % of a weapon's base damage to the imbue element(and applying it in a vacuum, not merging it with pre-existing elements on the weapon).

I don't like it.
I didn't like it before I tried, still don't like it after weeks of using it.
Lavos is great for railjack tho(because of the cooldowns), this is the only mission I even consider him for, when I remember railjack exists.

I hoped that you could set up an element and go with that element for the rest of the mission(or until you set up another element) - then it would be much more usable to me.

Archived