Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imo Rising Tide is boring and repetitive

Recently the new update came out, which brought us Epitaph, Sevagoth, etc. And hearing mostly good opinions about them actually gave me a reason to finally get a railjack. I built calphalon cy and started the quest, and the first thing you have to do is recover the propulsion systems, which wasn't that bad, then after you recover it, you have to repair it. Repairing it requires a decent amount of resources, but it is manageable. I thought, "this is not that bad, and for once I'm actually having fun in a quest." Not knowing that I had to do it LIKE 4 MORE TIMES. THE SAME THING. ONLY GETTING MORE DIFFICULT AND TAKING MORE TIME TO DO AND MORE RESOURCES TO REPAIR. Good thing it doesn't take more time to repair though. But like seriously DE? Surely you can think of more interesting things to do in a quest than: "hold point for a certain amount of time. Repeat four more times making it slower to progress and giving enemies bigger health bars each time" Which is already essentially 50% of your game at this point. Idk you can call me lazy or whatever, but those are just my thoughts.

I agree it's repetitive but do bear in mind that it was created to give us 1 task per day to build our Railjack back when it was originally released and we were all anxiously waiting for the update to drop. 2 weeks before the update that gave us Railjack, they dropped this quest with the intent of just giving us a taste of the lore each day, think of it like the repetitive GOTL missions that are a carrot on a stick, rather than some fleshed out quest.

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)MrSALAMANDER568 said:

LIKE 4 MORE TIMES. THE SAME THING. ONLY GETTING MORE DIFFICULT AND TAKING MORE TIME TO DO AND MORE RESOURCES TO REPAIR.

If you were struggling for resources for this, you probably aren't ready to build the ship. You can do random groups and not have a ship. So you don't actually have to have one, or you can play railjack while you wait. I mean, it takes 3 days to build a warframe, and depending on the warframe it can require quite a few resources. What game have you been playing this whole time?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)MrSALAMANDER568 said:

Recently the new update came out, which brought us Epitaph, Sevagoth, etc. And hearing mostly good opinions about them actually gave me a reason to finally get a railjack. I built calphalon cy and started the quest, and the first thing you have to do is recover the propulsion systems, which wasn't that bad, then after you recover it, you have to repair it. Repairing it requires a decent amount of resources, but it is manageable. I thought, "this is not that bad, and for once I'm actually having fun in a quest." Not knowing that I had to do it LIKE 4 MORE TIMES. THE SAME THING. ONLY GETTING MORE DIFFICULT AND TAKING MORE TIME TO DO AND MORE RESOURCES TO REPAIR. Good thing it doesn't take more time to repair though. But like seriously DE? Surely you can think of more interesting things to do in a quest than: "hold point for a certain amount of time. Repeat four more times making it slower to progress and giving enemies bigger health bars each time" Which is already essentially 50% of your game at this point. Idk you can call me lazy or whatever, but those are just my thoughts.

You have no idea how EASY you have it. So yeah kinda lazy.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)MrSALAMANDER568:

Repairing it requires a decent amount of resources, but it is manageable.

Maybe that was true for last year. And there were even more resources like pustrels or copernics and you had to do mining on earth and in orb vallis in order to get these (or find a RJ crew). From what I've seen now it's really beginner friendly. As for the quest, yes it's not really thrilling but it is what it is. Good thing is, during the build time you can recover from the boring mission. 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Railjack back when it was originally released and we were all anxiously waiting for the update to drop.

Yes   back when Warframe was sitting at 7 to 8 on stream. Guess which update droped it down to 16 to 18. ..   you guessed it.   Railjack. ... to say it wasn't received well is an understatement. ..

The build times are one hour now and I think that's kind of a bad thing. With the longer build times that used to be you had enough of a break between each part that it didn't have a chance to get repetitive. It was a slow, but steady progress towards this big thing you were making that would take a short week. I came to appreciate the build times in Limbo Theorem as well, where the punchline at the end just wouldn't have the same weight if it hadn't been building up for three days.

Reducing the costs was good, though. Nothing should ever cost 5 argons.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)MrSALAMANDER568 said:

DE could have made a fun story based mission. They of course didn't unfortunately. Oh well. Par for the course.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Yes   back when Warframe was sitting at 7 to 8 on stream. Guess which update droped it down to 16 to 18. ..   you guessed it.   Railjack. ... to say it wasn't received well is an understatement. ..

Not sure what relevance that has to what I said?

52 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

The build times are one hour now 

The build times are how long now?!?!

Jesus, i needed a whole week to build that thing. 

@OP: well you better get used to it. DE love boring game modes. There's that limbo quest, revenant quest, you won't ran out of these goodies!

8 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

If you were struggling for resources for this, you probably aren't ready to build the ship. You can do random groups and not have a ship. So you don't actually have to have one, or you can play railjack while you wait. I mean, it takes 3 days to build a warframe, and depending on the warframe it can require quite a few resources. What game have you been playing this whole time?

I never said that I was struggling with resources, I just said that the amount increases every time you do it. (Which is understandable, I really don't know why I put it in all caps) I had enough resources each time, I was just saying that it increased. 

How could I forget. It was the most aggravating quests I have ever done!

The enemies endlessly spawned within the circles you had to keep enemies out of! 😭

The only way I could beat it was to lure the enemies into a dead end and let them keep spawning until a cap was reached and then stealth and go back to the circle to get the counter to raise a little before the enemies would all come running into the cirlcle.

I remember it took me like 1 week to 3 weeks to finish I was like MR12 at the time and I remember the resource cost and 6M credits were pretty long to gather for me. Since then I dont touch Index anymore x) and well now I dont really have problem to get these resources. 1 hour to build the RJ component is damn good I think it was 24 hours at the beginning?

The devs have always struggled with good game design in all facets quests are no exception because they can't get away from their "grind down the player to force them to spend money at all costs" mentality so they add crafting to the quests which in warframe means unneeded wasted time, they are obsessed with delusions of their game mode quality so they think they can just copy paste the same general mechanics over and over and just add a few new hoops or reskin the old ones and it will all be fine,

3 hours ago, (XBOX)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

The devs have always struggled with good game design in all facets quests are no exception because they can't get away from their "grind down the player to force them to spend money at all costs" mentality so they add crafting to the quests which in warframe means unneeded wasted time, they are obsessed with delusions of their game mode quality so they think they can just copy paste the same general mechanics over and over and just add a few new hoops or reskin the old ones and it will all be fine,

I know multiple players that have spent exactly zero dollars on warframe and I personally have never felt any need to spend anything through out my entire time playing the game.

Every time I did spend was because I wanted to and I felt it was deserving to spend a few dollars on something I've spent alot of time in. 

Whether or not you felt you needed to, it's still a personal perspective. 

Back on topic, Rising Tide was alright but didn't really feel like it carried any weight, I didn't feel like it brought anything until I launched my Railjack for the first time.

And as buggy as it was I really enjoyed Railjack and knew that was only the beginning of it. 

And going as far back as the first Tenncon when they said the eventual goal was to go to the Tau system, this was in the cards for a long time. 

15 hours ago, (XBOX)MrSALAMANDER568 said:

Repairing it requires a decent amount of resources, but it is manageable. I thought, "this is not that bad, and for once I'm actually having fun in a quest." Not knowing that I had to do it LIKE 4 MORE TIMES. THE SAME THING. ONLY GETTING MORE DIFFICULT AND TAKING MORE TIME TO DO AND MORE RESOURCES TO REPAIR. 

Here's the original resource cost before DE changed it to make it new player friendly .

06il9nekih041.png

Edit : btw "M" in credits means million , yeah you needed 6 million credits .

Archived