Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Sisters of Parvos (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

5 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Coming soon: Misters of Parvos

Lo and behold. They are cunning. They are... nah I would need to spend some time to make some good sentences.

btw. Misters sounds like the Master (name) and that's the name of one of characters from Dr. Who universe.

Spoiler

The Master is a Time Lord that can travel through time and.... it just related so much to Parvos.

Heyo Tenno! Posting a day-before-launch post to help you plan for tomorrow's update. 

Here's what you can expect in terms of download sizes for each platform:

PlayStation:

• PS4: ~2.6 GB
  • PS5: 4.9 GB (size variations are to be expected based on the ways in which the different systems operate)

Xbox: ~3.3 GB. 

Nintendo Switch: 1.7 GB + Soft Remaster!

We took a look at how we can reduce the size of the Sisters of Parvos update, and have done a soft remaster of shaders to do so! 

Please note that once the update is live, the download size will appear larger than the update’s actual total size. This is due to the remastering process so it will take a bit longer to download. However, once it is complete, the update’s total size will only be 1.7 GB. This will make Warframe’s total size on the Nintendo Switch approximately 23.7 GB (was 23.4 GB). 

Prepare for the update by making sure you have at least 1.7 GB free on your Switch in order for  the download and its remaster portion to begin once it is live. 

For the Tenno out there who have not equipped their Nintendo Switch with an SD card and have no other games downloaded, this update will still keep Warframe over the base memory allowance. This means that having the necessary space on your Nintendo Switch is necessary to accept this update. 

Thanks Tenno! See you for tomorrow's launch! 

• Like 14

il y a 17 minutes, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Heyo Tenno! Posting a day-before-launch post to help you plan for tomorrow's update. 

PlayStation:

• PS5: 4.9 GB (size variations are to be expected based on the ways in which the different systems operate)

We took a look at how we can reduce the size of the Sisters of Parvos update, and have done a soft remaster of shaders to do so! 

Please note that once the update is live, the download size will appear larger than the update’s actual total size. This is due to the remastering process so it will take a bit longer to download. However, once it is complete, the update’s total size will only be 1.7 GB. This will make Warframe’s total size on the Nintendo Switch approximately 23.7 GB (was 23.4 GB). 

Prepare for the update by making sure you have at least 1.7 GB free on your Switch in order for  the download and its remaster portion to begin once it is live. 

For the Tenno out there who have not equipped their Nintendo Switch with an SD card and have no other games downloaded, this update will still keep Warframe over the base memory allowance. This means that having the necessary space on your Nintendo Switch is necessary to accept this update. 

Thank you Danielle.

• Like 1

@[DE]DanielleAre there any news for drop tables regarding Lich Weapon Bonus %s? There's been multiple threads about it on the forum and on reddit, and have been wondering about it myself, the weapon chances themselves are explained but not how the game decides how strong a weapon's elemental bonus is. Thought it might be relevant now that the Sisters will have new drops too.

Edited by DarknessNightshade
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

PlayStation:

Thanks for the heads up and Great work! 😊

Edited by Veroct
i want to put a smiley face in it

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

PlayStation:

Thank you Danny 

PlayStation:

I can't wait!!! Thanks 😊. Will this be a midnight drop or like early morning lol?

• Like 1

PlayStation:

Do you have any time range (approx obviously but exact time is welcome) we can expect the update?

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

PlayStation:

How about PC?

• Like 2

Since I can't really find exact infos, I though I just ask.

are there any infos or guesses when exactly - at what time - the update will drop?

I was wondering if it will drop at 0:00 in my region? or maybe just some time later tomorrow? 

just asking so I can plan my time

1 minute ago, SmokinDice said:

Since I can't really find exact infos, I though I just ask.

are there any infos or guesses when exactly - at what time - the update will drop?

I was wondering if it will drop at 0:00 in my region? or maybe just some time later tomorrow? 

just asking so I can plan my time

You speak as if it were an extraordinary event...take it easy. The update won't run away from you...

On 2021-05-31 at 9:40 PM, (PSN)ComradeDoggo21 said:

Hey when are you going to add the option to enable and disable the touchpad feature for PS4? The touchpad feature annoys me when your finger touches the touch pad a bit making me use an ability and wasting my energy which is frustrating so please add this option for PS4 version.

You can just unbind the touch controls in the options or bind something else to them. Personally, I use them for archwing, archgun and pads deploying instead of having to use the gear menu everytime.

Okay, so here's the thing;

The update is for all platforms, and so this means that it's not going to function like most of the previous ones (those were entirely based on when the main compiling of the update was actually finished on Igor, DE's server specifically for that function).

What you can expect is that DE will not start work, fully, until 9am in their local time, which is currently the 'EDT' time zone. This will then be followed by preparation for problems with the update, a couple of meetings most likely, and they will probably (only probably) consider making the update at around mid-morning, so as early as 10:30 and as late as 12 noon (since morning lasts until 1pm due to standard lunch hours).

This gives them all afternoon to find any major update bugs and start work on them, Hotfix the worst, and get initial feedback that they'll work on for the next week, but will have to put on the back-burner because of TennoCon.

Expect, and I do mean expect, things to not fully settle until the end of the month.

But in all honesty, do expect the update to actually be on your computer sometime in the afternoon of EDT at the latest. Before end of standard working hours at 5pm. Not sure how that translates to your Region ^^

• Like 5

Probably early afternoon Eastern Daylight Time/Eastern Standard Time, like others said, around 2PM. 

However, do not set your calendar or watch exactly, you could end up disappointed. 

Sometimes stuff from the test server build doesn't translate properly to the global build, despite all efforts to have it properly prepared, and bugs slow things down, and it can even end up delayed until the next day or longer. 

I'm not saying I expect it to, as their timing on releases has been a bit more polished lately, especially with their move to do it along with console, but just... don't expect it to be EXACTLY at 2PM EDT/EST.