Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving galvanised mods to arbitrations just kills any excitement I had for them.

drsnivy

37 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

This community is the worst.

Players complain that adding mods to SP is bad because you need them to play SP.

DE listen to feedback and move them to Arbitrations so player can get them before going to SP.

Now players complain that DE took them out of SP and put them on Arbitrations and now want them back in SP.

Is this a joke? Its some type of sabotage to kill the game or something? Because its working

Oh its because the community is a many headed hydra that cant agree on anything. No matter what is done, someone somewhere is gonna be a salty, baggy ,shaggy no matter what is done.

Those who dont care will remain silent.

Those who get baffled and try to reason will be called White Knights.

Those who get baffled and express it will get bombarded with reasons from either side.

Those who feel this is a personal attack will kick and scream to the high heavens.

Those who want upvotes will passive-aggressively the devs.

Those who are already jaded and tired of this same, repeating song and dance will poke fun and throw sarcastic comments at every opportunity.

Hail Hydra.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I beg to differ. It was a very common complaint in the initial workshop thread. Either you missed them or you're willingly disingenuous. 

Now I've realized that a lot of those threads were merged into the dev workshop... I wish mods stopped doing that, because it's impossible to trace that stuff becaue once merged, it became a cluster#*!% of comments that make no sense at all

1 minute ago, Danielw8 said:

But honestly  feels kinda disconnected also the whole update and balance stuff its around steel path.

Everybody knows that this gun buff is at least 50% an excuse for DE to give us a massive amount of content(grind). Since there were a lot of ways to get tons of Steel Essence, and since we have to farm Acolytes anyhow for the Arcanes, moving the mods to Arbitrations means even more content(grind).

Of course, it's true that some people complained about "getting mods to do Steel Path with from the Steel Path", but those were a useful minority.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

If it was on Railjack, people will raging ("reeee nooo RJ bad why you force us to do this"). If it was on any open world, people would be raging (this even happened when DE moved the acolyte mods to Deimos). I'll say it again, this people want endgame mods on  rotation A on hydron if they could choose... Or maybe I'm wrong, proabbly they want it ona  inbox message with some fusion core to "ease the grind" and then complain they have nothing to do or farm when they are done in less than a week. 

Personally I think they can stay in steel path but since literally everyone was against that it seems I didnt actually have that oppinion, silly me.

12 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Dude, that was the motto on the weekend, but most threads were deleted because the rageposting was too high for community standards apparently. Even the youtube video about the dev workshop is filled with comments like "farm SP to have new mods for SP, brilliant move de" and many more among those lines.

I didn't read YouTube comments and most likely missed the deleted stuff. I'd still rather have the mods on both shops instead of one

If you use the "on melee kill" arcane, I guess you will actually change your gun stats? Maybe it is possible to kickstart the new 'gun combo mods' with that arcane, I don't know.

But, then I am still back to using melee anyway... lol. And, you'd have to grind arcane slot out for every single weapon in the whole game you plan on using.

No thanks from me.

I feel fixing guns is the developers' problem, the work falls on them. I am not grinding for patch fixes.

What's next, 10 plat to open settings menu, it's gone too far now.

Everything else aside, it's also a narrow playstyle, where you are forced into a rotation, you can't use guns until you build arcane buff, then you have to sprint around the map while watching a timer.

Ultimately that sounds stressful, rigid and also annoying amongst the players - you open the door to ruining people's rotation because you stole their kill.

I'd rather show up to the fight and not know what I am in the mood for, or what other players are doing in there, then I will improvise.

What I don't want is playing on a clock, trying to stop my guns from jamming up again, or having them jam in the middle a fight.

How am I going to watch those beautiful attack animations if I am busy looking at countdown timers?

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Personally I think they can stay in steel path but since literally everyone was against that it seems I didnt actually have that oppinion, silly me.

Maybe you had it, I had the same opinion but since the devs always will try co please the people who can't mod properly, we have this result, wich in all seriousness isn't that bad (for me, at lest). I wish this also could give some momentum to teh game mode and permadeath is restored

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Now I've realized that a lot of those threads were merged into the dev workshop... I wish mods stopped doing that, because it's impossible to trace that stuff becaue once merged, it became a cluster#*!% of comments that make no sense at all

Indeed. It is chaotic and makes it rather hard to check on good feedback or discussing on it.

44 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Well f*** me. I'm sitting on 5K+ SE because there is nothing to spend it on and 0 Vitus Essence. 

Vitus drop rates are rng trash, at least with SE you can get a consistent drop rate

Yes it's an absolute trash idea.

On the other hand with the low vitus essence rate and arbitrations rewarding mostly endo they can claim they fixed peoples endo "complaints" at the same time. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

Maybe you had it, I had the same opinion but since the devs always will try co please the people who can't mod properly, we have this result, wich in all seriousness isn't that bad (for me, at lest). I wish this also could give some momentum to teh game mode and permadeath is restored

I wish I could just choose which mission I can run as arbitration instead of it switching between defense and interception for the forseeable future. At this point I've just given up on arbidrones being such an unfun enemy to interact with (or rather not interact with because that's their whole thing).

1 hour ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Players complain that adding mods to SP is bad because you need them to play SP.

DE listen to feedback and move them to Arbitrations so player can get them before going to SP.

Now players complain that DE took them out of SP and put them on Arbitrations and now want them back in SP.

Is this a joke? Its some type of sabotage to kill the game or something? Because its working

Quoted for truth.

Honestly?

I still haven't gotten off my arse to complete the last few nodes on the star chart, and I'm not really in any rush for any of the Galvanized mods either.

If you ask me what Guns need are more dual-stat mods like Amalgams or Nightmare mods to cram a wider variety of stats into the limited space (and Primed Serration).

Shotguns on the other hand just need...well divine intervention in some ways (looking at you Blunderbuss) but also a bit of help with the mods.

I don't think Galvanized mods are gonna change much of anything, outside of making already bonkers weapons even more so.

45 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Oh its because the community is a many headed hydra that cant agree on anything. No matter what is done, someone somewhere is gonna be a salty, baggy ,shaggy no matter what is done.

Those who dont care will remain silent.

Those who get baffled and try to reason will be called White Knights.

Those who get baffled and express it will get bombarded with reasons from either side.

Those who feel this is a personal attack will kick and scream to the high heavens.

Those who want upvotes will passive-aggressively the devs.

Those who are already jaded and tired of this same, repeating song and dance will poke fun and throw sarcastic comments at every opportunity.

Hail Hydra.

I'm in the group of people who are going to sit back and laugh at all the casuals losing their minds after they literally cried tears on the forum to get them moved from Steel Path ahahahahhahahahah. 

Hail Hydra! 🤣

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Of course you do. If I was a casual player I'd hate working for rewards too.

What the #*!% does that mean? Playing Steel Path and getting the mods from there is not "working for rewards"? Did I get it wrong, or are you just seriously throwing S#&$ around?

15 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'm in the group of people who are going to sit back and laugh at all the casuals losing their minds after they literally cried tears on the forum to get them moved from Steel Path

I'm in the group still hoping that DE will rethink adding this level of power creep, a small and desperate bunch us lot.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Dude, that was the motto on the weekend, but most threads were deleted because the rageposting was too high for community standards apparently. Even the youtube video about the dev workshop is filled with comments like "farm SP to have new mods for SP, brilliant move de" and many more among those lines.

Exactly. It makes sense to have them available in arbitrations because arbitrations are the immediate precursor to Steel Path, in the progression, but isolating them to arbitrations is a little frustrating. Having them available in both arbitrations and steel path would at least give players who aren't geared for Steel Path an option (though TBH I find arbitrations harder than most steel path missions) to get the mods while giving players who have started exploring Steel Path a way of getting these mods as a natural progression within the game mode. 

Having said that, Steel Path is already getting the arcanes so throwing more end-game content into it kind of goes against what DE originally planned for Steel Path (cosmetic unlocks only).

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I'm in the group still hoping that DE will rethink adding this level of power creep, a small and desperate bunch us lot.

Oh they won't, the salty tears of casuals who don't like Steel Path have sealed that fate. Now I'm just gonna sit back and watch the world burn.

5 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

What the #*!% does that mean? Playing Steel Path and getting the mods from there is not "working for rewards"? Did I get it wrong, or are you just seriously throwing S#&$ around?

It means people can't do arbitrations because it involves actually actively playing and avoiding death.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I'm right there with you, dude. Though the melee nerf will at least mitigate a small % of creep. I'm not sure DE have really thought it through regarding these new mods+arcanes. Ranged combat has always been effective outside of Steel Path. It just feels like it isn't because melee is incredibly overpowered right now. These mods+arcanes will further trivialize non Steel Path content. So... if Steel Path is the natural progression and is expected to not be optional at some point then sure lets keep layering the creep. But if it is supposed to be optional meta end game stuff then why are we introducing a bunch of stuff that will make it easier. And lets be totally honest, the only real challenge in Steel Path is Grineer with their absolutely horrible armor scaling damage reduction mechanics. Corpus and Infested are only a little more difficult than their base-game counterparts (comparing to sortie level difficulty). 

1 hour ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

It's just two different groups of people. The people that hated SP wanted the mods elsewhere so they didn't have to farm those missions and now the people that love SP and/or want to be efficient (farming everything in the same place) are upset because it adds another layer of grind.

Personally, I don't care. I love both SP and Arby's, so I'll be happy to farm both of them. It is kinda upsetting tho, cause I just spent 140 vitus essence this weekend on kuva LOL, but guess I only have myself to blame for that. I should know by now DE is notorious for changing their minds on dev workshop updates. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It means people can't do arbitrations because it involves actually actively playing and avoiding death.

Arbitration is piss easy, just like everything in the game. The change will just be an annoyance for people that hate that godawful enemy spawn and like to actually earn the upgrades. The mods will be dirt cheap in a week or less, so anyone will be able to buy it anyway. You're fooling yourself if you think this will affect casuals.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I don't like Abris because I just don't like how the gamemode works in general

Or am I not allowed to dislike it?

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

Arbitration is piss easy, just like everything in the game. The change will just be an annoyance for people that hate that godawful enemy spawn and like to actually earn the upgrades. The mods will be dirt cheap in a week or less, so anyone will be able to buy it anyway. You're fooling yourself if you think this will affect casuals.

Depends if they want the arcanes or not.

Archived