The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

12 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Those ideas would go over about as well as a boat made from rice crackers. PC players would not accept those changes.

if anything it hurts console more. (as plat traded between players no longer could be used to buy Tennogen)

You can't buy Tennogen with gifted/free platinum on console. only purchased. On PC you can only buy Tennogen with real cash.

So you convert platinum to the same resource between the two by making it the same as console.  But make Tennogen available to purchase with platinum. 

Either way the two need to be joined in some way.

you can't have PC players buy 1000 plat with a 75% discount and console players with an in-game market only 75% discount. At the same time I don't know if applying that discount to the price of plat bundles on console works.  So it will likely go to the console model in the future. 

They don't play Warframe yet, I play another game with people that would be willing to try but they're on console. 

Especially if dojos and such would work cross platform, they're really interested in decorating. Being a solo clan, they could have full access to do whatever they want while I fund the resources. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

if anything it hurts console more. (as plat traded between players no longer could be used to buy Tennogen)

You can't buy Tennogen with gifted/free platinum on console. only purchased. On PC you can only buy Tennogen with real cash.

So you convert platinum to the same resource between the two by making it the same as console.  But make Tennogen available to purchase with platinum. 

Either way the two need to be joined in some way.

you can't have PC players buy 1000 plat with a 75% discount and console players with an in-game market only 75% discount. At the same time I don't know if applying that discount to the price of plat bundles on console works.  So it will likely go to the console model in the future. 

it does not hurt console players more. You'd remove a discount on the value of plat to replace it with a one time use coupon that can't even be used on any bundles. With our coupon we can potentially buy dozens of things, with console coupons we'd get one. We also wouldn't see the breadth of tennogen we have now as Console has a completely neutered stock compared to what's available from steam and I have to assume the only reason for that is because it can be purchased for plat.

After many years it seems that cross-play is finally within the grasp of Warframe, a most impressive feat that will no doubt bond the community across all platforms. However there exists a small problem within the names used on different platforms. Say that you wanted to register a new account and come up with a fancy name only to find that it is already taken by another user, oh well it's not the end of the world you just come up with a new one. Now, what if that name is not registered on the platform of your choice but is taken on some other platform.

Here lies the problem that I am most worried about, you see I initially started playing this game on PS4 a few years ago but later migrated to PC and started over...using the same name. My question in this case is how exactly will a situation like this be handled? One probable solution would be the method implemented by Bungie when they introduced cross-play in Destiny 2, in which every player name is assigned a 4-digit identifier, unique to that name. Another would be "binding" each name to their respective platform and having a special identifier for each platform respectively.

Alas, I have yet to find a definite answer as to what will happen but I do hope no account is accidentally lost/overwritten.

I'd guess that display names include the platform. Much in the same way they appear on the forums.

In the backend, I'd assume they've already appended some sort of unique identifier which is separate to your display name (this is just basic database management). I believe this is how it already works for all the console manufacturers. We can easily change our display name without any loss of data etc. Our warframe accounts are tied to our console accounts, which usually uses our email as our login.

I don't see this as a concern. It's not like Sony/PSN is going to say "no you can't use that name because someone on another platform in Warframe, a game you may never play, has already used that name". DE might choose to do a bit of a clean up and archive some more inactive accounts to free up some potential usernames. But that's only going to affect PC players.

• Like 1

I came up with an idea but not sure if it would work... 

Instead of cross save why don't we link our ps, xbox and switch accounts to warframe pc account so we can play on any of the consoles rather than having cross "saves" with progress on what ever account is highest Mastery Rank. 

Hmm... Thoughts? 

Edited by Blake666

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

That's... what cross saving is.  Though apparently they'll be merging your accounts should you choose to link things together.

Cool

13 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

Why do you also have the damn cell phones on this account too, I'm curious to see how often the host migration with the mobile players will be.

That's gunna be stupidly hard to bullet jump. 

On 2022-07-19 at 5:49 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I'd guess that display names include the platform. Much in the same way they appear on the forums.

In the backend, I'd assume they've already appended some sort of unique identifier which is separate to your display name (this is just basic database management). I believe this is how it already works for all the console manufacturers. We can easily change our display name without any loss of data etc. Our warframe accounts are tied to our console accounts, which usually uses our email as our login.

I don't see this as a concern. It's not like Sony/PSN is going to say "no you can't use that name because someone on another platform in Warframe, a game you may never play, has already used that name". DE might choose to do a bit of a clean up and archive some more inactive accounts to free up some potential usernames. But that's only going to affect PC players.

The aliases PSN/NSW/XB/Mobile might be linked to each platform. Like we can have 1 iuvenillis in each platform, like meeting a person with the same name as yours, name is the same, but the address is different.

Pretty sure you glorious 10k dollar rig PC master race can disable cross play..

But for the overwhelming majority who wanna play together for around idk, 7 or 9 years now, it's gonna be something great.

And cross save will be nice bc i can check out stores, dailies and weeklies on mobile than waiting until I can sit in front of my console..

I'm hyped 

• Like 1

On 2022-07-22 at 9:21 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Pretty sure you glorious 10k dollar rig PC master race can disable cross play..

But for the overwhelming majority who wanna play together for around idk, 7 or 9 years now, it's gonna be something great.

And cross save will be nice bc i can check out stores, dailies and weeklies on mobile than waiting until I can sit in front of my console..

I'm hyped 

3k, about as much as is sensable.

anyways i wanna play my old PS4 save on this monster. i cannot imagine restarting knowing how much of a grind this game can be and the game was running poorly on my og ps4 at times.

• Like 1

On 2022-07-22 at 9:18 AM, Lykk3 said:

I'm afraid that host migrations will get alot worse! 

This is a non-issue. You currently have PING limit settings in the options menu. If your limit is low and you get paired with a console host it means that they have a better connection than you do. Otherwise you don't even have to worry about connecting to them as a a client unless the PING limit fails.  

Edited by Jarriaga

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)ForNoPurpose:

3k, about as much as is sensable.

anyways i wanna play my old PS4 save on this monster. i cannot imagine restarting knowing how much of a grind this game can be and the game was running poorly on my og ps4 at times.

Well.. I'll enjoy Warframe on my 299 dollar rig (series s) 🥺