Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

there are still platinum discount so you could for example buy 200$ of platinum for 50$, so alot of players over the last.... 8-9 years have enough of it that its value is not that high considering you need to buy tennogen on a linked steam account with money, as opposed to platinum.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

This is how competition works. More sellers means demand is met faster. Welcome to capitalism. Better ramp up your sales aggressiveness or you will get left behind.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

What this read as:

"I make a ton of plat with the absurd prices of my platform, and want to stop a game changer improvement that will benefit thousands of players worldwide so that me and my other trader friends can continue scalping the market and make thousands of plat easily".

• Like 6

As an avid trader on Xbox, I can say your sentiment does not reflect mine; I'm excited for cross play to finally happen. The implications for Warframe are much bigger and better than the issues console traders will have to adapt to.

Let the market do what it's going to do, and find a good place to ride the wave. There's potential for profit under (nearly) any condition. Those who are good at adapting will do well, and those who resist will fade.

Also (loosely related) I'm not drinking the PC / console hate war kool-aid. That S#&$ is for maladjusted man-children with fragile egos. I embrace our PC brethren, and look forward to what we can learn from each other. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

Markets change due to all sorts of reasons.  If prices go down, everyone benefits, because while you're selling for less, you're also buying for less.

It may suck to hear, but cross-play is something nearly everyone wants, because everyone wants to be able to play with their friends and family who have other consoles.  To make that a reality, it's well worth some temporary market disruption.  If you want to take advantage of it, sell all your stuff now for Xbox prices and get ready to buy low once cross-play happens.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It may suck to hear, but cross-play is something nearly everyone wants, because everyone wants to be able to play with their friends and family who have other consoles.

Exactly. I got friends on the PS version of the game that I'd love to play the game with. And just the fact that the playerbase that can play together effectively gets bigger for all platforms with crossplay for just makes it easier to find people for any multiplayer activity, be it relic opening, open world bounties, Lich/Sister hunting, and so on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

PC has a larger playerbase.  I'd wager they have more players with experience as well.  Playing longer and having more stuff means when you accumulate a prime set that you already have, it likely gets put up for sale, whereas a newer player will want to build that set.  More supply of pretty much everything in the market means cheaper prices regardless of how much plat is circulating. 

So the items have less value due to supply, but your plat also has less value due to supply.  If you take all that supply and flood a market that has much higher value on parts and plat due to lower supply, you devalue everything they have. 

This would be fine, except the in-game market prices are the same on all platforms.  A 30 day booster being 200 plat on PC isn't as much of an issue since PC has much cheaper access to plat, and doesn't have to spend as much buying from other players.  That booster will still be 200p on console after we lose trade value while also still not having that same cheaper access to plat because console doesn't get plat discounts like PC does.

Everything we have will get devalued if cross trade becomes a thing, and I'd bet money we won't get any of the benefits PC has with plat discounts. 

I think you are vastly overestimating the number of players purchasing plat, with or without a discount.  If people had the disposable income to buy plat they would do that rather than wasting time farming and selling items for plat.  And if a ton of players were taking advantage of plat discounts on PC, prices would be higher because the market would be saturated in plat and the value of plat would be less.  Conversely, the absence of plat discounts on consoles should make items cheaper because plat is more valuable. That is not the case because the primary driver of plat prices is supply of tradeable items.  The presence or absence of plat discounts has very little to do with it.

I'd also like to point out that Prime Resurgence being a permanent rotation is also a reason why prices are also down.

Trading isn't permissible on crossplay yet FYI...so it wouldn't effect pricing yet.

It's getting easier to farm things, which overall is healthy.Console market was always over valued. And the thing is you still found buyers/sellers using PC prices.

Because that's what I have always paid or asked for. It's never steered me wrong. 

Edited by (XBOX)RelsWhisper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

If players don’t pay up, who is going to pay the devs? Nothing is really free! Just go back to farming at 1/10 the efficiency after this market adjustment on top of nerfs on abusive mechanism for farming!

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)RelsWhisper said:

I'd also like to point out that Prime Resurgence being a permanent rotation is also a reason why prices are also down.

I'm fairly confident Prime Resurgence won't really have an effect on supply/prices of unvaulted stuff. The first one was a land grab, but what it is today vs what it was when it was first introduced are drastically different. The same amount of items are filtering into the market as before; it's just a different source/process to obtain. I could be missing something though, but that's my take. 

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

crossplatform has a small play in that the real factor is the Prime resurgence. having them both will bring the prices down. and when it goes live for all platforms prices will most likely drop for a year or two then will go back up.

4 hours ago, KosmicKerman said:

I think you are vastly overestimating the number of players purchasing plat, with or without a discount.  If people had the disposable income to buy plat they would do that rather than wasting time farming and selling items for plat.  And if a ton of players were taking advantage of plat discounts on PC, prices would be higher because the market would be saturated in plat and the value of plat would be less.  Conversely, the absence of plat discounts on consoles should make items cheaper because plat is more valuable. That is not the case because the primary driver of plat prices is supply of tradeable items.  The presence or absence of plat discounts has very little to do with it.

You completely ignored whole sections of my argument to make yours, but okay.

On 2022-10-06 at 7:30 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Cross trade will start some problems, I'm sure.  You can't mix a market that gets discounted plat and a market that doesn't and expect it to turn out well.  If prices get tanked, it just means I won't trade anymore because it won't be worth the effort to me.  I'm not buying anything from DE because I'm not happy with the direction of the game.  That means no plat.  No plat means no boosters and the affinity and any new resource grind in this game feels like absolute garbage without boosters.  I have a feeling it will drop player count.  Not that DE seems to care.

If you want boosters just go afk for 10 minutes at a relay like a big brain instead of wasting money.

• Like 1

On 2022-10-06 at 12:00 PM, Kenshin-HimuraBR said:

DE Please don't forget about CrossTrade! This is very important. We all want to help most players regardless of which platform, I see a lot of people saying they won't have CrossTrade... It doesn't make sense to me not to, because we're all going to play together and get the same resources. Platinum trading is already unbalanced with the ayas system that will now be in the game ''I believe it was also to balance the trade during crossplay'' so everyone is happy with the multiplatform exchanges! <3

would DE have to make a price chart for all their items that are sellable if they do crosstrade?
reason i ask is because pc players are not going to pay xbox or even psn prices and vice versa
don't get me wrong i think it would be great to have it,but they gotta balance it before they unleash it across the board.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

would DE have to make a price chart for all their items that are sellable if they do crosstrade?
reason i ask is because pc players are not going to pay xbox or even psn prices and vice versa
don't get me wrong i think it would be great to have it,but they gotta balance it before they unleash it across the board.

eventually the prices will average out