Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the draconian timers to build things still in the game?

Sylorknag

Hi everyone,

I'm a returning player. I've played for about 2 years in the past, and stopped playing a bit after fortuna came out.

I'm not at max lvl, but I'm an old player in the sense that I remmeber the 3 lives thing per misson, Loki as an starter, etc.

I'm supper pumped for crossplay, as I'll be able to transfer my old PC account to my ps4. 

Now, what I'm worried about it, is, are those 24+ hours timers to build things still in the game? Have they been tuned down a bit? Or are they the same as before? Cause at this day and age, having mobile timers on a game with so much content, as old as this, feels kinda lame. 

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Yes they are still in the game. Some have been turned down, specifically stuff that needed to be built for quests to keep the quest flow at a better pace. Stuff like orokin reactors and forma have been turned down to 23 hours so they are easier to not push into other days. Frames still take the exact same amount of time

6 minutes ago, Sylorknag said:

is, are those 24+ hours timers to build things still in the game?

Yes

Have they been tuned down a bit?

No

Or are they the same as before?

Yes

having mobile timers on a game with so much content, as old as this, feels kinda lame.

Timers run in background, not on your... face...

Just go do something else while they're building, or extend your missions for longer periods of time.

timers can be a bother for old player since there is lot of things to do, if you were a daily player like me, it won't bother you because you have little things to farm anyway. since you are returning, just farm things you actually want and don't focus on getting everything, then maybe the timers won't bother much

They're not going away so long as the game maintains a f2p model but they have been toned down mostly for quest related items.

Not like it should matter for a while in your case anyways with a two year backlog of things to work on getting you have plenty of things to do while things build in the background.

The complaints about the timers confuse me. Time is going to pass regardless, wether you’re playing the game or not. There’s nothing stopping you from building 200 weapons in one day, and the next day they are all done.

Now you have hours and hours and hours of content sitting in your foundry.

Also, super cute that you’d compare it to mobile games. That take is about 5-6 years outdated. The mobile industry has become far more predatory than “getting people to wait till tomorrow.”

I've never understood the complaint about the timers.

I mean there is more than enough stuff to do while something is crafting unless you happen to be at the absolute bleeding edge of content.
I mean you have quest lines, you have syndicates to grind points for, you might have focus points to grind out, you have gear you need to level, you have parts to gear that you need to farm, you have railjack intrinsic points to farm, you have prime parts to grind out for ducats and crafting, and much more.

There is always something to be doing...especially if you took a few year break from the game.
It's not like the timer is stopping you from playing warframe or anything like old mobile games used to do.

Crossplay/cross save is still in developme inlots to work out and we don't have dates or much info.

The build timers for weapons tends to be 12 to 24 hrs.

Warframes take 1 day per part and 3 days for the whole.  Zaw/kitgun parts take 1 hr.

Really the timers are not bad. Just do other things well stuff is baking. 

Warframe shines best as a jump in melt enemies for kicks then log and do other stuff.

Am I the only one that actually likes craft times? I understand why DE does it, but I also like having them. It makes items feel a bit more tangible to me or something. 

Like- I wouldn't even mind then in a SP offline game. Within reason of course.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

One should never waste plat on timers.

Why not?

People waste hundreds (and thousands) of dollars to watch other people run around with/chasing a ball, what's ~$1 in Plat so one can play with the new toy while they have the time today to play?

Blanket statements like that are silly.

One does not get to dictate what does or does not provide meaningful value to another person.

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Why not?

People waste hundreds (and thousands) of dollars to watch other people run around with/chasing a ball, what's ~$1 in Plat so one can play with the new toy while they have the time today to play?

One does not get to dictate what does or does not provide meaningful value to another person.

I see it more as why waste money in plat when you can pace yourself and enjoy the game.

21 hours ago, Sylorknag said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a returning player. I've played for about 2 years in the past, and stopped playing a bit after fortuna came out.

I'm not at max lvl, but I'm an old player in the sense that I remmeber the 3 lives thing per misson, Loki as an starter, etc.

I'm supper pumped for crossplay, as I'll be able to transfer my old PC account to my ps4. 

Now, what I'm worried about it, is, are those 24+ hours timers to build things still in the game? Have they been tuned down a bit? Or are they the same as before? Cause at this day and age, having mobile timers on a game with so much content, as old as this, feels kinda lame. 

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

you'll be happy to know that there's a workaround to skip the Timers.

after starting an item crafting, now you can click on it again and a prompt comes up asking if you want to Rush it.

Saying yes gives you the item instantly!

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I see it more as why waste money in plat when you can pace yourself and enjoy the game.

I see it as someone trying to dictate value to someone else about subjective Entertainment, stated as if it's a fact.

🤷‍♂️

What someone dictates as a waste, another sees as a valuable acquisition.

You even imply here that to pay Plat to lower the timer on an item is somehow removing enjoyment from the gameplay, for example, and that doing so also wastes resources, when for many, the exact opposite is the case.

This intractable idea that others should expend resources the same way as one does personally, or it's 'a waste', is BS.

It's all wrapped up the continued narrative that Game Makers should not be given money, IME, that they should just work like slaves...

22 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Why not?

Its just a waste of plat that is better spent on skins, potatoes, slots, etc.

You start the cooker and do whatever other stuff. Or log out and do something different.

Depending on what platform your on plats fiscal value varies. As well as how useful it is to have in the first place.  On ps4 its something like 16 cents per 1 plat.

I know plenty of folks that waste plat on rushing building then complain they are broke and want x skin. Well if you didn't waste your plat in the first place.

Theres a plethora of activities to do well things cook.

I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone when they male a bear trap then walk into it themselves.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Its just a waste of plat that is better spent on skins, potatoes, slots, etc.

You start the cooker and do whatever other stuff. Or log out and do something different.

Depending on what platform your on plats fiscal value varies. As well as how useful it is to have in the first place.  On ps4 its something like 16 cents per 1 plat.

I know plenty of folks that waste plat on rushing building then complain they are broke and want x skin. Well if you didn't waste your plat in the first place.

Theres a plethora of activities to do well things cook.

I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone when they male a bear trap then walk into it themselves.

So you just make up this thing in your head that anyone that spends Plat in a way you don't agree is going to turn around an whine they have no Plat, just because it happened to you once or something?

The amount of real money here is pennies.

No one is asking anyone to feel or not feel anything here, just allow people to spend their resources the way they choose without trying to dictate their value system to them ... how about that?

10 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

So you just make up this thing in your head that anyone that spends Plat in a way you don't agree is going to turn around an whine they have no Plat, just because it happened to you once or something?

The amount of real money here is pennies.

No one is asking anyone to feel or not feel anything here, just allow people to spend their resources the way they choose without trying to dictate their value system to them ... how about that?

Lol im just saying you can waste away all you like.  Your getting in a tizzy here not me. I see people complain all the time about not having plat because they wasted it on rush building. And i laugh at them.

Those pennies add up. You you buy hundreds of slots, potatoes, skins, etc.

Archived