Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current state of Gal mods and new arcanes ???

My understanding is that everything except Galvanized Aptitude and Galvanized Shot work properly. Those two mods do work on hitscan weapons but not on projectiles.

You may also notice that Galvanized Scope and Galvanized Crosshairs and both Deadhead Arcanes aren't activating their buffs as much as you might expect. This is because "on headshot kill" effects don't trigger if the enemy dies to a status effect. 

Someone can correct me below if there are any other things that aren't currently working.

The multishot mods are Instantly best in slot. Just about every weapon can benefit from them.

and yeah the arcanes are strong, even after rank 1 or 2, but you really want rank 5 for the additional effects.

Personally the biggest win for me is that one of the arcanes has a reload buff. Another one also gives combo duration, arcanes very good.

The base effect of all the mods works , but the stacking effects are a little off on some.

Galvanized Multishot mods : working as intended on all weapons,  with decay of stacks over time.

Galvanized crit chance mods : working (as intended ?) , But only counts direct kills and not status effect / DOT kills. Lose all stacks at once if not refreshed.

Galvanized status mods : Not working as intended on some weapons , hitscan weapons are fine , projectile weapons either do not work or use a greatly reduced base stat.

Galvanized projectile speed mod : working as intended.

All the arcanes are working as intended. But again the dead head mods need on hit kills , they do not stack on DoT kills.

15 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The base effect of all the mods works , but the stacking effects are a little off on some.

Galvanized Multishot mods : working as intended on all weapons,  with decay of stacks over time.

Galvanized crit chance mods : working (as intended ?) , But only counts direct kills and not status effect / DOT kills. Lose all stacks at once if not refreshed.

Galvanized status mods : Not working as intended on some weapons , hitscan weapons are fine , projectile weapons either do not work or use a greatly reduced base stat.

Galvanized projectile speed mod : working as intended.

All the arcanes are working as intended. But again the dead head mods need on hit kills , they do not stack on DoT kills.

Sounds like the safest one is on melee kill, then back to the gun. :)

Edit:
Nevermind, I was thinking arcanes.

Galvanized Multishot mods  I use on everything but been testing Galvanized Crosshairs and it seems a bit hit and miss, going to wait until they're all working correctly.

2 часа назад, Slayer-. сказал:

Galvanized Crosshairs

you know i put this mod to a test, the rifle variant, on my supra vandal and the problem i have with this mod that unlike buffs from arcanes, buffs from mods vanish instantly once timer runs out. So yeah when i had it at x5, things were great, but not for long sadly.

I would prefer a regular critical chance mod instead of  galvanized version.

41 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

you know i put this mod to a test, the rifle variant, on my supra vandal and the problem i have with this mod that unlike buffs from arcanes, buffs from mods vanish instantly once timer runs out. So yeah when i had it at x5, things were great, but not for long sadly.

I would prefer a regular critical chance mod instead of  galvanized version.

That's another reason I won't use it, build it up it's gone in a blink of an eye, I'll stick with the normal one.

57 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I hope it doesn't stick, that is, people calling them "gal mods". That just sounds gross idk. I don't like it. 

I call'em gal mods as shorthand  for Galvanized. They will probably get there own catagory in the mod menu and have a proper rarity.

I suspect that any changes/fixes would be included in the update for Nora's Choice but I could be wrong.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

I'm wondering if anyone can either link me to a concise breakdown of what works and what doesn't or just break it down here.

Kind regards, Prag

I personally feel like having a good riven is a lot less noticeable/important in a lot of cases now, and that's probably a good thing. 

+damage and +multishot with a harmless neg would be a solid roll on most if not basically every ranged weapon in this game. And now that's essentially guaranteed to be available for you (grinding required of course) any weapon you want. 

I also genuinely feel like ranged weapons are at least as viable as melee weapons now and i really enjoy that.

8小时前 , (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA 说:

I personally feel like having a good riven is a lot less noticeable/important in a lot of cases now, and that's probably a good thing. 

+damage and +multishot with a harmless neg would be a solid roll on most if not basically every ranged weapon in this game. And now that's essentially guaranteed to be available for you (grinding required of course) any weapon you want. 

I also genuinely feel like ranged weapons are at least as viable as melee weapons now and i really enjoy that.

I echo the last statement on the ranged weapons, especially after DE fixed the gun CO gal mod (+damage per status proc). Once fully stacked, my status build k. Seer can two shot anything in SP without using any arcane.

Riven is no longer compulsory for most of the builds, although they may still have some niche uses as stat modifiers. 

Yeah, so as of the update 30.5.5 all of the Galvanised mods are now working with one, tiny, wrinkle. (That being that the Catchmoon has a guaranteed impact proc on hit, so it's having a little trouble with Galvanised Shot, the Status-based one.)

So, just remember:

All weapons benefit from the Multi-shot mods. The 10% less base multi-shot from the ones they replace is easily compensated for and ramped up beyond silly when you get the first kill.

Rifles and Pistols that can actually Headshot, and specifically kill with Headshots, are the only ones that benefit from the Galvanised Crit mods. If your weapon cannot kill with a Headshot (and kills with high rate of fire, or Status procs, but you still want that effect, go for the regular Argon Scope or pistol equivalent for more consistency).

Almost all Shotguns benefit from the Galvanised Flight Speed/Beam Length mod, on most it's just like a damage buff because it makes the full damage of the gun go further and not fall off as fast. Although there are other mods you might consider in the Exilus, like ammo mutation.

And now we have the Galvanised Status mods working, and these are the same kind of trade-off as Melee has with Condition Overload, where you get less up-front damage, but the on-kill mechanic gives you potentially much greater damage.

If you combine these with the new damage-boosting Arcanes, the surprising result is that you can actually go without Serration on your build and use fodder enemies to ramp your guns up to much, much higher potential with the new mods.

For Arcanes,

Merciless (Kill) is king hands down. Insane DMG multiplier that is so easy to keep stacking. Reload and Ammo bonus is fantastic too. Downside is when enemy spawn is wonky the bonus can disappear very quickly.

Dexterity (melee kill) is also good. Holster Speed buff is great. But you need to keep attention on combo duration to make full use of it.

Deadhead (heatshot kill), imo rarely worth the bother unless you love praying to RNGesus while using AOE weapons.

edited in requirements just in case

Archived